Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

11 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

I could live off panda Express, skyline and chic fi la.. just having them 3 on the dining plan is good enough for me... maybe because none of them are local to me

Where are you from that skyline isn't local to you, but your closest park is KI?

That being said, those are probably my top three meals at the park. Larosas being fourth, i get tired of pizza quickly. I like Tom+Chee but the meal is small compared to the other options. Unsurprisingly, they are all 3rd party food.

25 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Where are you from that skyline isn't local to you, but your closest park is KI?

That being said, those are probably my top three meals at the park. Larosas being fourth, i get tired of pizza quickly. I like Tom+Chee but the meal is small compared to the other options. Unsurprisingly, they are all 3rd party fo

I'm in Shelbyville IN  can usually make it to the park on average in about a hour and 40 minutes.. I should of phrased my previous comment better, I meant am very happy just having them 3 to eat at the park even if that was all the options.. not that I would want to live off them at home :P and yeah I would put Larosas 4th, for pizza it's pretty good. Have yet to try Tom + Chee, it looks and sounds good, I assumed it was probably one of the more smaller food options.. I don't really care for chips..

Kings Island just updated meal listings!

Chicken Shack

• Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders with Fries
  • Crispy Chicken Salad with Texas Toast

Chick-Fil-A

• Chick-fil-a Sandwich with Waffle Fries
  • Chick-fil-A Nuggets with Waffle Fries

Coconut Cove Cafe

• 2 Slices of Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza with Breadsticks
  • Entree Salad with Breadsticks
  • Fresh Grilled Burger with Fries
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fries 

Coney Bar B Que

• Rotisserie Chicken with one Side
  • Tri-Tip with one Side
  • Pulled Pork with one Side
  • Smoked Sausage wtih One Side

Skyline Chili 

• 2 Cheese Coneys with Fries
  • 3-Way with Fries

Skyline Express (Soak City Water Park)

• 2 Cheese Coneys with Bag of Chips

Coney Subway

• Six Inch Sub and Bag of Chips

Festhaus

• 2 Slices of Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza & Breadsticks
  • Chicken Tenders with Fries
  • Gluten Free Pizza

Hank’s Mexican Grill

• Burrito
  • Burrito Bowl

International Street Pizza

International Street Skyline Chili

• 2 Cheese Coneys with Fries
  • 3-Way with Fries

Island Smokehouse

• Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders with One Side
  • Fresh Shrimp with One Side
  • Smoked Chicken Wings with One Side
  • Pulled Pork with One SIde

Juke Box Diner

• Hot Dog with Fries

LaRosa's Pizza 

Panda Express

• One Entrée Bowl & Side

Planet Snoopy Grill

• Fresh Grilled Burgers with Fries
  • Corndog with Fries

Reds Hall of Fame Grill

• Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders with Saratoga Chips
  • Homer Burger with Saratoga Chips
  • Buffalo Chicken Salad
  • Chicken Caesar Salad
  • All American Dog with Saratoga Chips
  • Red Legs Burger wtih Saratoga Chips
  • Curve Ball Chicken Sandwich with Saratoga Chips
  • Pulled Pork Sandwich with Saratoga Chips

Rivertown Potato Works

• Boneless Chicken Wings with Fresh Cut Fries

Subway

• Six Inch Sub and a Bag of Chips

Tom + Chee

• Classic Grilled Cheese with Bag of Chips
  • BBQ Bacon Grilled Cheese with Bag of Chips
  • Like 4

Red's Hall of Fame got a lot of new offerings.

Panda Express is only a single entree now instead of two.

Festhaus dropped salads from the list.

Island Smokehouse officially adds wings and pulled pork.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Red's Hall of Fame got a lot of new offerings.

Panda Express is only a single entree now instead of two.

Festhaus dropped salads from the list.

Island Smokehouse officially adds wings and pulled pork.

Panda is a single entree now?? Where did they update that at??  Kinda lame they say you get 2 and change it after you buy a dining pass... but whatever 

4 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Panda is a single entree now?? Where did they update that at??  Kinda lame they say you get 2 and change it after you buy a dining pass... but whatever 

It is kind of lame. Other CF parks, only gave one entree for the meal plan, so maybe it's now streamlined and came down from above. 

Either way, I'll still get it and I'll still be saving a heck of a lot of money by using my dining plan.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

@pianoman the Panda listing makes me sad. I loved my 2 entrees. :( lol

I'm glad they have finally updated this. 

Has anyone had the BBQ Bacon Grilled Cheese from Tom + Chee? I tried the basic grilled cheese last year and it was just eh. I need more flavor haha.

Yes, the BBQ Bacon Grilled Cheese is very good.  Gives it that right amount of zing.

• Like 1

Quite disappointed in the one entree at Panda.  Wasn't the smokehouse 2 sides last year as well? I understand they added more food options, but I feel a little cheated purchasing a dining plan expecting an equal or more for my money, not to decrease 6 months after I gave them my money. I can see a line at guest services over that change. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Quite disappointed in the one entree at Panda.  Wasn't the smokehouse 2 sides last year as well? I understand they added more food options, but I feel a little cheated purchasing a dining plan expecting an equal or more for my money, not to decrease 6 months after I gave them my money. I can see a line at guest services over that change. 

I beleive it was officially one side but they seemed to offer you two at least most of the times I went.   The brisket wasn’t official on the meal plan but you could get it.   

Completely agree on Panda but I figured that was comming at some point as that was a lot of food.   I wouldn’t be surprised if next year it is cut to 1 slice of pizza like at CP.

Most interested in finding out if we actually get 1/2 or 1/4 chicken at Coney BBQ.  Though what they end up serving could be 1/2 of small chickens.  :rolleyes:  1/4 chickens would be complicated becuase it is unlikely customers will choose sections 50/50.  

More important than the specifics on food quantity, are both food quality and service.  

38 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I beleive it was officially one side but they seemed to offer you two at least most of the times I went.   The brisket wasn’t official on the meal plan but you could get it.   

Completely agree on Panda but I figured that was comming at some point as that was a lot of food.   I wouldn’t be surprised if next year it is cut to 1 slice of pizza like at CP.

Most interested in finding out if we actually get 1/2 or 1/4 chicken at Coney BBQ.  Though what they end up serving could be 1/2 of small chickens.  :rolleyes:  1/4 chickens would be complicated becuase it is unlikely customers will choose sections 50/50.  

More important than the specifics on food quantity, are both food quality and service.  

I do agree one entree and 1 side at panda is enough food, I would honestly rather see 1 entree at panda then the pizza cut down to 1 slice... that would be a real bummer to me! Lol. When I want pizza, I need 2 slices.  What would be awesome is if they added a 3rd meal option for 40$ extra on the dining pass.. get 3 meals a day... maybe I just like food to much..... lol. Right now my wife and I are living on protein shakes for lunch and healthy suppers.. I think I'm just starving

• Like 3

The Smokehouse last year was one side every time I went (and I went a lot).  The pulled pork came with slaw if you wanted tho (and they'd either put it on the sandwich or the side if asked), so maybe that is where the confusion is coming from. 

I'm excited about the expanded offerings from Reds, as well as the new Coney BBQ. 

As for reducing Panda Express to the one entree bowl, I'm fairly certain they intended to do that at the beginning of last summer. There was an occasion early in the season where I was told at checkout that the dining plan was supposed to be only one entree but they let me go anyway because I had asked the person serving food, and they told me two. I really think that people made a stink about it and they decided to go back to the two entrees. I definitely would advise a visit to guest services to mention any complaints or compliments about the new offerings. It may not cause any changes, but it has a better chance than complaining elsewhere. 

• Like 3

You are probably right Magenta but I know I got the cornbread stuffing And fries one time.  

May have gone like this however:

Me: I will have the shrimp and fries

Server: Anything else?

Me: I can have another side?

Sever: Sure.

Me: Ok. I will try that cornbread stuff.

Then hands cashier my passes, and they don’t bother to try and charge for the extra side becuase I look mean and scary after dealing with my kids all day.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, King Ding Dong said:

You are probably right Magenta but I know I got the cornbread stuffing And fries one time.  

May have gone like this however:

Me: I will have the shrimp and fries

Server: Anything else?

Me: I can have another side?

Sever: Sure.

Me: Ok. I will try that cornbread stuff.

Then hands cashier my passes, and they don’t bother to try and charge for the extra side becuase I look mean and scary after dealing with my kids all day.  

I think more likely is they don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Just take my kids sometime.   They will let you have whatever you want just so they don’t have to deal with you anymore.  But you have to take both.   They are really wonderful pleasant human beings as long is there is 100 yards or more between them.  

I work with kids on a day to day basis, no thanks :)

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Unfortunately there is some blind faith when it comes to thing such as the meal plan.

As Terpy very infamously stated: Why would they offer more food options, you already paid them?  Same for quality.  Why improve the quality when they already have your money?  Why improve the service when they already have your money?

Just remember you have a purchasing decision next year.

It's kind of baffling as to which direction all of this is going: the hiring of the new chef and the new menu options are promising, but no one can deny that the meal plan has offered less and less per meal every year.  

I wonder where this will be in 5 years.

• Like 4

Personally, I have enough food for me when getting a meal with my dining plan. I'd rather pay for it all up front than $15 here and there, especially with the amount of times I visit a park. 

I don't follow the other CF parks food department enough to know the changes between years (aside from CP)...but it's still worth it to me.

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Personally, I have enough food for me when getting a meal with my dining plan. I'd rather pay for it all up front than $15 here and there, especially with the amount of times I visit a park. 

I don't follow the other CF parks food department enough to know the changes between years (aside from CP)...but it's still worth it to me.

Don't forget that Cedar Point had several options that were upcharges on top of the meal plan.  Not just Midway Market, but things like Chic-Fil-A.  My understanding is that that experiment failed.

I would IMPLORE all of you to never participate in something like this.  DO NOT let the meal plan devolve into a discount plan.  Even if the deal is a great deal, it could be seen as a foot in the door.  Remember: their primary objective isn't to give you the best deal, it's to make as much money off of you per visit.  

Remember how the original meal plan in 2014 had a 2 hour window?  They expanded it to 4 with the hopes that it would cut out some peoples' second meals and save the company some money.  Same goes for the shedded offerings.  Remember getting a side of chips at Hanks?  What happened to that?  This year you get less than last year but the price remains the same.  Also, some food options have changed strangely.  Remember when you could get a Skyline 3 Way and a cheese coney?  Now it's a 3 Way and fries.  Have you ever ordered a 3 Way and fries willingly before?  Neither have I.  Why did they do this?  The food cost is lower on fries than a coney.  

Again, every year you get a little less.  When you pay up front it hands the power over to the company, however it is the consumer that either hands over the green or not.

• Like 3

Not that I would ever support the establishment by eating there but will be interesting to see what CP does since Chic-Fil-A is back this year.  

Confess we do eat a Midway Market a couple times a year. 

I know the meal plan saves us money over purchasing full meals each time we visit but certainly plan on keeping track this year on the number of times we actually use the plan AND if the boys would have been fine with a cheaper snack like a pretzel or ice cream versus a full meal.   It is possible the savings are not really all that much compared to having the flexibility of having the entire menu available to us.     

I really would like to see the books on the Meal plan.  Like what the average guest pays and how much it cost the park to feed the guest.  I actually got the meal plan again this year despite my better judgement. Without the meal plan I doubt I would ever eat at the park.  Its an extra $120 for the park but I getting 50 meals out of it the would almost have to lose money on the deal.

I do keep track of what I get, where I get it from and how much it says on the board.  Last year, my meal plan expenses were $474.53. I consumed 41 meals which averages out to about $11.57 a meal. I believe I paid about $129.00 for the meal plan last year, which means I truly saved $345.53 

I'll be interested to see what it ends up being this year as well. 

• Like 3