Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

23 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

I'm hoping that Cedar Fair has changed meat patty supplier.  Or at least product.  The last three years, the patty, even after cooking, had the appearance of a raw chub of meat, with the extruded texture.  The taste, in my experience was not good at all.  This was noticed at KI, CP, KD and Knotts.

Agreed,  I had the Burger Friday, it's just not for me and I love burgers, I had it from Planet Snoopy... so maybe it's different at other locations?

And your description of the hamburger is dead on. It definitely isn't normal looking to me, I couldn't eat it, my wife ate hers and said it was edible,  but not great

• Like 1

I really think the portion sizes need to be consistent.  My daughter and I both got the pulled pork sandwich on Friday evening.  My portion was barely visible under the bun while she received so much that she couldn't eat it all.  The corn on the cob was very good according to my wife and daughter, and they both received a large full cob of corn.  The pork was very good as well, just need to fix the portions.  

In response to an earlier post about waiting in line for a long time for food, my family visited the park over a dozen times last year and never waited in line for food for longer than 10 minutes.  To each their own, but the meal plan has been a great experience for us.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I can't see how people consume so much pop, it is so unhealthy.

Some people do and that is why you see so many Treciba Ready commercials on TV.  The machines do dispense beverages other than flavored high fructose corn syrup for those of us that care about such things.  Ice being my favorite.  

Is a Segway that much healthier?

29 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

My family will be eating at the park for the first time tomorrow night.

Sorry.  

/jk. It’s getting better.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Well you can find me in the smoking section drinking my diet Coke.. LOL but I feel pretty good every day

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Some people do and that is why you see so many Treciba Ready commercials on TV.  The machines do dispense beverages other than flavored high fructose corn syrup for those of us that care about such things.  Ice being my favorite.  

Is a Segway that much healthier?

Sorry.  

/jk. It’s getting better.

Segways are cool KDD.

3 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I don't drink soda at all. I have the drink plan (disposable cups) and use it to get tea, water, powerade and lemonade. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Not sure Kings Island is quite the place for those entirely dedicated to preserving themselves. For those throwing caution to the wind, however, it's quite inspiring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife and I stopped by Coney BBQ today for lunch. Both had pulled pork sammiches (one with Mac, one with fries).

PLENTY of food, and pretty TASTY! We both were impressed. I mean, the BBQ sauce is pretty standard, but the meat was tender and full of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Though KI website says panda Express is now 1 entree and 1 side, its still 2 entree and 1 side... 

From what I've heard, it's "again" not "still." I personally didn't check it out, although I believe I observed a sign saying one entree was the meal for dining. But, many people have said opening weekend Panda was enforcing one entree on dining. Now this weekend, new signage that says two entrees are included on dining. 

Hopefully, this is the option that will remain for the season. I suspect they got a ton of complaints from people who were still expecting two entrees like last year, opening weekend. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

From what I've heard, it's "again" not "still." I personally didn't check it out, although I believe I observed a sign saying one entree was the meal for dining. But, many people have said opening weekend Panda was enforcing one entree on dining. Now this weekend, new signage that says two entrees are included on dining. 

Hopefully, this is the option that will remain for the season. I suspect they got a ton of complaints from people who were still expecting two entrees like last year, opening weekend. 

Well either way panda express is Bomb

• Like 1

Headed to the park today. We didn't get our dining plan I advance so I'm wondering if I should
Do it online on the way there or purchase at the front? Wasn't sure which would be cheaper (or if they're the same) with the processing fees? Anyone know?

^^ The season drink plan is only good for soft drinks, but there are plenty of options other than soda. I really like the blueberry pomegranate Vitaminwater that's at the Coney BBQ fountain.

^ The dining plan prices are currently the same price online and at the park. The online processing fee is $0.99 for orders that only contain food voucher(s).

Since you're going to the park right now, I would recommend buying it there so they can make sure it gets added to your pass immediately.

• Like 3

^^ The season drink plan is only good for soft drinks, but there are plenty of options other than soda. I really like the blueberry pomegranate Vitaminwater that's at the Coney BBQ fountain.
^ The dining plan prices are currently the same price online and at the park. The online processing fee is $0.99 for orders that only contain food voucher(s).
Since you're going to the park right now, I would recommend buying it there so they can make sure it gets added to your pass immediately.

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I will just get t at the park. :)

After eating at the Reds Grille yesterday, I think it's a home run and one of the best values for the meal plan.  There are so many options available this year as compared to last year.  It actually made our family buy another meal plan for our youngest because there are more options for the whole family to choose from.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:55 PM, Tera Ryzing said:

I'm very happy that they have the Coke freestyle machines. I'm diabetic and it's awesome having the Dasani flavored water, I drank a ton yesterday and now prefer it to my go to drink diet Coke!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, malem said:

Not true, I got charged 5.99 processing food for my meal plans.

Items Purchased

2018 ALL SEASON DINING - PLATINUM PASS ADD-ON

Type: All Season Dining - Platinum Pass Add-On

SKU: 10043753

Quantity: 2

Unit Price: $141.00

Price: $282.00

image-7c88a202c2f206713a5b810b842bc08c62

Subtotal: $282.00

Tax: $19.74

Processing Fee: $5.99

Print@Home: $0.00

image-09be4d86761c35fb541ded9e5e1d3e1d1a

Order Total: $307.7

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigjon1805 said:

After eating at the Reds Grille yesterday, I think it's a home run and one of the best values for the meal plan.  There are so many options available this year as compared to last year.  It actually made our family buy another meal plan for our youngest because there are more options for the whole family to choose from.

Couldn't agree more, I loved the new red leg burger, I got the BBQ sauce on the side and it was so yummy. What I don't understand is that they use Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, which I love, but coney bbq uses sweet baby Ray's, yuck, wish they had Montgomery Inn sauce. We really craved Mexican yesterday so we went to Hank's, couldn't believe over an hour wait, only one person on the line, it was pretty frustrating considering we didn't wait any where near that for any rides yesterday. I so wish we lived just a little closer, want to go back today but don't feel like driving 2 hours.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

They have flavored water??????

Yes they do and it's AWESOME, flavors I remember are lime, cherry, raspberry, grape, peach and my favorite strawberry. I love that it's sugar free, I get do thirsty and this is such a better option than soda.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

Couldn't agree more, I loved the new red leg burger, I got the BBQ sauce on the side and it was so yummy. What I don't understand is that they use Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, which I love, but coney bbq uses sweet baby Ray's, yuck, wish they had Montgomery Inn sauce. We really craved Mexican yesterday so we went to Hank's, couldn't believe over an hour wait, only one person on the line, it was pretty frustrating considering we didn't wait any where near that for any rides yesterday. I so wish we lived just a little closer, want to go back today but don't feel like driving 2 hours.

Yah thats crazy that they don't use Montgomery Inn lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigjon1805 said:

I've never had the meal plan (we usually just hit up golden corral at the next exit on the way home). I remember when I renewed my pass in the fall the guy asked me if I wanted to add it. If I had known then about Coney BBQ opening and all these new options at other places being added I woulda got it. Plus its good thru Winterfest ughhh. Now I really wish I had got it since it's $120 and I think in the fall it was less than $100. :( 

• Like 1