Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

I ate at Reds twice throughout the weekend.

No salads (e. coli recall).  That's a good thing.

Home Run burger wasn't bad but wasn't great.  Definitely didn't look like the picture and looked carelessly slapped together. The fresh never frozen beef patty definitely was an improvement. To their defense, it was incredibly busy.

Went again the next day.  Three of us got the chicken sandwich, two got the tenders.  The chicken sandwiches were not eatable.  The patties were paper thin and as hard as a rock.  The buns were served barely defrosted and very soggy.  The saratoga chips were so moist that they were chewy.  They weren't busy at all that day.

Also, the two other people I was with got the chicken tender platters.  Both of them ordered them about a half hour apart.  Both separately said that they had a "weird taste and texture" and didn't go beyond one bite of the chicken.

I'm going to send an email to the new chef to let him know.  Based on his work at GABP, I know this really isn't up to his standards.  Clearly there is a systematic problem or a problem with training since everyone's food came out bad.  I have a lot of faith that he will react to this quickly.  Again, I recommend reserving judgement until the season kicks in, but has anyone else had a similar experience this year?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I ate at Reds twice throughout the weekend.

No salads (e. coli recall).  That's a good thing.

Home Run burger wasn't bad but wasn't great.  Definitely didn't look like the picture and looked carelessly slapped together. The fresh never frozen beef patty definitely was an improvement. To their defense, it was incredibly busy.

Went again the next day.  Three of us got the chicken sandwich, two got the tenders.  The chicken sandwiches were not eatable.  The patties were paper thin and as hard as a rock.  The buns were served barely defrosted and very soggy.  The saratoga chips were so moist that they were chewy.  They weren't busy at all that day.

Also, the two other people I was with got the chicken tender platters.  Both of them ordered them about a half hour apart.  Both separately said that they had a "weird taste and texture" and didn't go beyond one bite of the chicken.

I'm going to send an email to the new chef to let him know.  Based on his work at GABP, I know this really isn't up to his standards.  Clearly there is a systematic problem or a problem with training since everyone's food came out bad.  I have a lot of faith that he will react to this quickly.  Again, I recommend reserving judgement until the season kicks in, but has anyone else had a similar experience this year?

When has food anyone has ever gotten looked like the pictures ;-) 

As far as Reds, I had the chicken sandwich opening weekend and I loved it. Not necessarily this year, but I've noticed the Saratoga Chips over the past couple of years have really never been consistent, even within single orders (for example, I had some really crispy and some rubbery opening weekend...although they were good overall). 

@NoChickens and @Mrs. No Chickens got one of the new burgers and loved it on opening weekend.

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You guys do realize when they do pictures of food for advertising and promotions, etc, they dress up all that food and add air and stuff to it, right?  

That's why my big mac after 30 years still hasn't looked like the picture!

I got an email back from Chef Major in regards to the situation I described above. He essentially said he was aware that they had some issues over the weekend and spoke to some changes they are making to improve the quality.  I think we will see a difference as time goes on.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

That place is always weird for me.  Either it has no line and all we want is a drink or we want food and the line is spilling out the door halfway across the midway.  Probably has something to do the my WindSeeker curse.  

I can honestly say I can't remember a time in recent years that I've been able to actually get in there. It's one of those debates: do I go, wait in line, get food and potentially not like it? Maybe one of these days when the line isn't too long.

• Like 1

Maybe things have changed this year but I doubt the chicken tenders are any different than the half dozen other places in the park.   Coney Potato Works were the only ones I noticed as unique in the past.   

Chicken shack was different than the other chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Maybe things have changed this year but I doubt the chicken tenders are any different than the half dozen other places in the park.   Coney Potato Works were the only ones I noticed as unique in the past.   

Coney Potato Works had Gluten Free Chicken Fingers...those were amazing. 

Random question: Does anyone know if you go to KI during the day and get a meal and then drive up to CP for the rest of the day....are you able to get 1 meal or 2?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

I like larosas, I've only been to Cedar Point once for a 3 day visit and I had some pizza in Frontier town I believe and it was freaking BOMB

If it was last season then it was Wagon Wheel next to Skyhawk and is the only edible pizza in the park.   Then again if you like KI LaRosa’s there probably isn’t such a thing as bad pizza for you.  :D    I like most any pizza but KI LaRosa’s and Domino’s are just aweful and I can’t figure out how they screw it up so bad. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

If it was last season then it was Wagon Wheel next to Skyhawk and is the only edible pizza in the park.   Then again if you like KI LaRosa’s there probably isn’t such a thing as bad pizza for you.  :D    I like most any pizza but KI LaRosa’s and Domino’s are just aweful and I can’t figure out how they screw it up so bad. 

No it was 2 years ago.. And LMAO I do like Larosas, but it may just be because I'm at KI.. I don't like Domino's or Pizza hut.  I either eat pappa johns or a couple places local to me

I can't remember if it was next to Skyhawk, I do remember it being right when you enter frontiertown from the backside I believe

I had the Circle pizza at CP and that wasn't to good......

• Like 1

I wouldn't do KI and CP on the same day since I live halfway between the parks, but I have visited Kings Dominion and Carowinds on the same calendar day. I got one meal at each park.

What I don't know is whether you would get 2 meals or 3 meals if you started at KI, then drove to CP with enough time to wait out the 4-hour interval between meals there.

• Like 1

Someone should test that out on a 11PM or midnight close and see if you can get 3 meals in.  I suspect you can’t as the FAQs do say Lunch and Dinner.   I have only done that once and really paid for it the next day.  

Even if you could get three meals by timing it right driving between the parks, I would want one of those meals to be something other than CF Dinning Plan food.  :D

• Like 2

We did it in 2016, but if I remember that's when there was the 90 min wait time between meals and no cap on how many meals. We will probably do this at some point in the season, I love visiting 2 parks in one day! We are going to CP Tues for preview night, cannot wait from the reports of steel Vengeance.

Saw this on CW website......hope they don't roll this out to other CF parks.

All Season Dining
Guests with 2018 All Season Dining will automatically have it included on their Season Pass. Simply present your Season Pass at any of the participating locations throughout the Park and enjoy two meals every time you visit. Final meal serving will be 1 hour prior to Park close. Drinks are not included but we offer a Souvenir Bottle and Season Pass Drink Plan for unlimited free refills all season.

We tried to get a final meal in last year at Panda Express (Festhaus) right at park close and even though they were still open, the staff hesitated to take orders since they were removing food and trying to clean up/close. The manager (or supervisor) had to intervene since there were so many families in line trying to get that last meal prior to exiting the park.