Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

2 hours ago, harmony29 said:

I knew it was less than 3 hours because it seemed like such a great deal and then it changed. I'm getting older and my memory is getting worse but I knew I remembered something lol as I've never purchased a daily meal plan.

The thing that kinda stunk about it was that the daily meal plan didn’t come with drinks - so if you wanted to either buy it for a kid so you didn’t have to give them cash or you wanted it so you could leave your wallet in the car it didn’t work.

Nowadays, I sometimes come in with just my pass. No need for my card.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Posted this in the Coney BBQ thread, but in the spirit of all food being in one topic. Take a look at how terribly dry the brisket pieces are.37befa09b06a3d39a1251256910df0d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure that isn't beef jerky

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Posted this in the Coney BBQ thread, but in the spirit of all food being in one topic. Take a look at how terribly dry the brisket pieces are.37befa09b06a3d39a1251256910df0d5.jpg

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again.  

Can confirm it tastes like shoe leather.  Could barely get it down it was so dry.

• Like 1

At the park eating at Coney BBQ. Got the brisket, corn on the cob and hush puppies. It’s very good and delicious! The park is pretty busy, but hardly any line at Coney.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, harmony29 said:

I loved the brisket yesterday and hope they keep it exactly like it is now. The chopped brisket didn't look food from the pictures but this sliced brisket was over the top good.

Good to hear, the Tri tip I thought was OK. Hopefully they can get the Brisket worked out to be really good! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Good to hear, the Tri tip I thought was OK. Hopefully they can get the Brisket worked out to be really good! 

I really hope they keep what I had yesterday, I could have it every day it was so good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Random, what kind of sandwiches can you get at Subway in Coney on the meal plan?

My go to is the Chicken Bacon Ranch...not a big fan of most other subs. 

6” plus chips, I think all of the sections are cold subs, so chicken bacon ranch is likely out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

6” plus chips, I think all of the sections are cold subs, so chicken bacon ranch is likely out.

Correct. As of the last time I checked, the Coney Mall Subway had no microwave and no toasting oven. The Soak City Subway has both, and can therefore offer a few things like chicken that the Coney Mall stand cannot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

As a former Subway sandwich artist... Please don't toast your tuna. It turns gray and looks pretty gross.

Exactly. I once heard someone describe it as "radioactive goop". Perhaps it was you?

• Like 3

My evil stepmother used to make something called a “tuna melt”. Slice of bread, tuna, cheese and a tomato slice then bake or broil it.   It was the grossest thing ever. 40 years later I am just starting to occasionally eat very cold tuna though I prefer the canned salmon.  Still don’t like it but supposed to be good for you so I choke it down.  

• Like 2