Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

12 hours ago, malem said:

Costco's supply chain tracking is a lot more robust than most businesses', so they were able to verify with certainty that their product wasn't affected. Many restaurants have been replacing it to avoid any possibility of serving recalled product and because customers are still wary about consuming it.

When making a substitution like this, they really should change the menu or put up a sign explaining the temporary switch. I'd recommend sending your feedback to the park directly.

Indeed. The ONLY restaurant out of those that I visit regularly that kept serving romaine is Panera, which has signs at all registers stating that the recall was only for romaine from the Yuma area and that their romaine comes only from California. The rest simply stopped serving it, probably because they couldn't be sure exactly where it was coming from. KI probably did the same.

I do agree that guests should be informed of the switch prior to paying for their food.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, harmony29 said:

Just curious if you noticed they were using iceberg lettuce instead of romaine? I know a lot of people could care less but our salads Friday were iceberg, my gripe is not letting people know before ordering.

I am not sure I didn't pay any attention to it honestly.  

20 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

I buy 6 heads of romain for $3 once a week at this very Costco. If I’m paying $12 for a salad you would think you could get some at Costco. 

Fastfood workers for the most part don’t care about their product. These people are summer help and have even less of a passion for food. I doubt it gets better unless the chef is bringing about a culture change also. 

I did stop by guest services when I was leaving and asked if someone could call me back that's in food services, I was very nice and just explained the situation, Im still waiting for a call but I'm sure they get a lot of requests so I'm no& surprised I've not heard anything yet.

Jukebox bacon cheeseburger is very good, kinda reminds me of BK or dairyqueen.  Nothing like snoopys hamburger which is nasty

And to mention if it wasn't for this forum and reading the other day jukebox had good hamburgers, there would of been no way I would of ever tried another hamburger this year after eating one at Planet Snoopy 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

Jukebox bacon cheeseburger is very good, kinda reminds me of BK or dairyqueen.  Nothing like snoopys hamburger which is nasty

And to mention if it wasn't for this forum and reading the other day jukebox had good hamburgers, there would of been no way I would of ever tried another hamburger this year after eating one at Planet Snoopy 

Talking about quality control, Major has really reigned in the controls at most of the food stands. The discrepancy between the amount of ice cream served in the stands is non existent anymore, which is great for the customer.

30 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Talking about quality control, Major has really reigned in the controls at most of the food stands. The discrepancy between the amount of ice cream served in the stands is non existent anymore, which is great for the customer.

I noticed last night people's ice creams was looking BIG

13 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

The Jukebox burger and Coney BBQ have been my go to meals this season.

• Like 1

Hall of fame grill?  Ate there, more like losers grill.  It's hard to mess up chicken tenders and Saratoga chips so I thought.  Currently on the way to guest services.

Update:

Guest services took care of it.  By the sound of things they pass out meal resolution vouchers like candy....

• Like 1

Ended up going to Hank's yesterday, was kind of a laughable experience. There were two kids working the line, one did cheese and sauce, the other did everything else. I felt kind of bad for how busy they were until I realized they were kind of doing it to themselves. The kid doing rice and beans and meat was placing items in the bowl like it was an art project. Perfectly places, leveled off, smoothed off the top and well distributed. Half the people in line just wanted the stuff in the bowl, but unshakable he continued. The only REAL annoying thing was the manager who just roamed back and forth from the kitchen to the line and didn't bother to help either side. He could clearly see they were behind, but he did nothing to help.

• Like 1

That restaurant really needs help, we've noticed the same thing with the manager not doing anything. The employees also don't know how to fold a burrito and if they are out of salsa they are too lazy to go in the back and replace it. Our last experience was horrible there, the meat was inedible, completely charred and the grill has not been cleaned. I did stop by guest services to let them know on memorial day but I've still not gotten a phone call.

• Like 2

I got the burger last night with the onion rings included. Doesn't appear on the full menu, or menu board, only showed on the Meal Plan list. Was disappointing, onion rings were cold, burgers were dry. Took 20 minutes between the order and getting my food. Slow, messy and crowded.

IMG_20180606_181431.jpg

• Sad 2

While waiting for my frozen lemonade at Graeter’s I noticed that the volume of a serving size of ice cream varies greatly depending upon the delivery method. 

A single scoop on a sugar cone is about one quarter of a cup of ice cream.

A single scoop on a waffle cone is about one half of a cup of ice cream.

A single scoop in a cup is about three quarters of a cup of ice cream.

of course there is gonng to be variation depending on such factors as server, time of day, ice cream temp, etc...

• Like 1

I think what's making the apparently-often-subpar food service situation at Kings Island such an issue is the huge contrast with the rest of the park.  Kings Island has what are definitely world-class rides with operators that hustle and contribute to to that world class experience (for the most part).  You could invite foreign dignitaries (if they were so inclined) to ride one of KI's coasters, and there would be no let down.  What's so jarring is that you walk twenty feet away and it is hit-or-miss whether you can get a grossly over-priced, edible meal inside of thirty minutes.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

I got a smokehouse burger at juke box today. Two beef patties, bacon, cheese burger... With a skewer with half a dozen onion rings. Fantastic value. Patties were a overcooked, but overall a good burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get a skewer, and I only got a half of a half dozen! I would have settled for zero onion rings and a hot burger though

Tried the smoked wings at island smokehouse for the first time this year. I don't remember them saucing the wings before, but they have a light bbq sauce on them now. Thick enough they might have smoked them with the sauce.

Fantastic either way though. Worth the walk over there.