Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

35 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yes. A resounding, “Yes.”

Remember how Haunt was going to be an upcharge a few years back and they back pedaled on it? That wasn’t for charity. Once something becomes a part of the season pass package it’s difficult - if not impossible - to take it away.

Now the meal plan is simply part of the deal for many people. If they choose against purchasing a meal plan they are also choosing against purchasing a pass. That is why 1) they are stuck offering it and 2) much of the appeal of the passes teeters on the dining experiences.

What you're saying makes sense. It just feels like there are other options that don't affect the Best Day Experience they're going for. It feels like they've shot themselves in the foot and are "fixing" it by lining up a shot on the other foot. But then, if you raise dining plan prices, you don't sell as many... It's a rough spiral. Given the reaction to lower numbers of passholders this year, they definitely don't want to push that number lower.

It just feels a lot like the "people gotta eat" days...

Legitimately wondering, not trying to make a sneaky point: do you know how much backlash there was when gold parking went away?

They push the people who have the most experience (and thus the most to complain about) to the front of the line.

I think this is actually a great solution. At many locations, especially those with a limited menu and no customization (la Rosa is a great example) the bottle neck is the payment... Especially guests who don't have plans who need change. I've often said that a pass only check out line... Or even a no cash line... Would greatly improve the speed of service for everyone.
In some cases, if designed correctly, they could do this via a kiosk and thus dedicate the staffed cashier to the non meal plan customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I think this is actually a great solution. At many locations, especially those with a limited menu and no customization (la Rosa is a great example) the bottle neck is the payment... Especially guests who don't have plans who need change. I've often said that a pass only check out line... Or even a no cash line... Would greatly improve the speed of service for everyone.
In some cases, if designed correctly, they could do this via a kiosk and thus dedicate the staffed cashier to the non meal plan customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! The hold up is ALWAYS someone trying to pay. Roll out more self service kiosks for food plans and credit card customers. But they also have to figure out how to get the drink plan to work on them.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Who’s tried the Johnny 5 burger at Reds? Thoughts?

Had it last night. Pretty good. Definitely all around a better experience than most have posted about RHOFG this year. No real complaints other than having to stand there 4 minutes to use one meal plan when everything else, including the other meal plan was entered and paid for. Odd that they can’t “override” for 4 minutes when other places all season long have “overridden” for larger time gaps. Some places I know has been much less than 4 hours and I’ve played “dumb” I mentioned finding it odd they wouldn’t override for 4mins at guest services and they said there’s no such thing as override. They acted like they had no idea what the other places had been doing, but figured they were just “giving it away” since there’s no override. Inconsistent at best! 

• Like 1