Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

2 hours ago, APE said:

I was all about the meal plan last year this year I am done with it and will not be getting it if we renew passes for next season. The majority of our meals have been bad with the only constant good being Tom and Chee and Skyline. Smokehouse was horrid when we got it mid summer and most of the other places if the food isn't cold it just doesn't taste good. 

That is interesting that you did not like smokehouse, I have enjoyed it every time I have eaten it. The fries were not as seasoned yesterday as the previous times I have eaten there, but still pretty good.

We got the brisket when it was offered I got fries my wife got mac and cheese. the mac and cheese was super dry and it had been sitting all day the fries were alright but the brisket was absolute trash. It was cold as can be and pretty much just a hunk of fat. It was gross enough I haven't been willing to try it again

Having smoked about 30-40 briskits over the years, and very few to my satisfaction, it is really hard to get right.   Cooking to a specific temp doesn't work as every cow is different and to low it is tough and to high it gets dry.  My ribs and pork butt I feel are far superior to anything I have had at a restaurant, can't say the same for my brisket although it is still "descent" most of the time.  

There is some real skill involved, something KI food service is not likely to have on hand especially the skill to handle multiples and get them right.  

It would be awesome if they indeed build a Smokehouse on the dry park side if they give a go at spare ribs.  However given their cost I wouldn't expect them on the meal plan and probably looking at $19 or so per plate.  

Not a fan of the "fries" they are serving, just not my style.  

Cedar Fair needs to make all meal availability for the meal plans at parks with shared food like Panda Express the same. Ex: KI gives you 2 entrees and a side, CP only gives you 1 entree and a side.

I learned this today at CP. It's not clearly marked what you can get so I ordered as I do at KI. At the register, they scraped one of the entrees off into the trash. Not even an option to pay the difference.

So 1) make all meals the same or 2) assign a dollar value that you can spend for each meal and pay the difference if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 1:47 PM, malem said:

Free water cups at Kings Island are now 12oz.

20170818_134527.jpg

Sorry to tangent, but for anyone observant, there's a blatant misspelling in this picture. :P  

silver2005, who believes the shirt is a symptom of what is the worst bowl game ever.  

• Like 1

Whelp bought two more plans for next year. Still failed at going to everything, jukebox diner is just never open or super crowded/slow.

Maybe next year we will get another big improvement like Tom+Chee and the Smokehouse.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 11:25 AM, harveyhaddixfan said:

Cedar Fair needs to make all meal availability for the meal plans at parks with shared food like Panda Express the same. Ex: KI gives you 2 entrees and a side, CP only gives you 1 entree and a side.

I learned this today at CP. It's not clearly marked what you can get so I ordered as I do at KI. At the register, they scraped one of the entrees off into the trash. Not even an option to pay the difference.

So 1) make all meals the same or 2) assign a dollar value that you can spend for each meal and pay the difference if needed.

A third option would be to have it clearly marked...

• Like 1

So we went to what was our favorite place to eat, Hanks, I was disappointed that they took the chips and salsa away, but they said the only thing we could get was a burrito bowl, has anyone else run into us? I was really looking forward to the burrito. 

They are cracking down pretty heavily on the meal plans. We had minimal issues all year using an immediate family member plan (same household, same family) even if they weren't in the park.

They cracked down on this at the start of the season, but then seemed to back off it...
I'm guessing as the summer staff left and they had to train others, they made this a point of emphasis.

I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher amount for a family share plan... Just seems crazy to buy 5 meal plans when usually only 2-3 members of my family are in the park at a time (but always a different combination of 2-3).

This change/enforcement will likely have me not renew the meal plan... And certainly will keep me from adding more plans to my family.

Just wish they could have a true family plan that was linked to all of our accounts.. And I'd be fine if they said you could only link your family plan to those living in your household.

• Like 2

Previously, passes couldn't be used for meal/drink plan if they didn't scan through the turnstiles. My co-worker and I discovered that when we tried to use our plans while working (not KI employees). 

Also, depending on the register, the cashier has to confirm if the picture matches the purchaser. I liken it to, image if someone steals/or picks up a dropped passes. Do you want them to be to use your pass for or for it to be able to flagged so it can't used? Similar to how the drink cups are linked to a pass. It adds a bit of security. 

Yeah I knew I should have said something, the girl at the counter really showed that she could care less about customer service, pretty unusual as I've never experienced this. We don't share our passes for food as its just the 2 of us. An odd thing did happen, both of our passes were supposed to have one all season drink pass on each pass, we opted for the paper cup renewal instead of the bottles you have to carry around. When we went to use our drinks, we found out my husbands pass had 3 drink plans and my pass had 2, I have no idea how this happened, not that I'm complaining, but just odd. 

I see they are having dollar days at the park this weekend when I will be there. It will make this trip easy on the wallet! And I like that the blue ice cream is included in the deal. During dollar days, are the lines for food longer than the rides? lol.

• Like 1

I was at the park last year during dollar days on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. The park was absolutely packed. That was probably the busiest day I have ever seen. The lines for $1 pizza were ridiculously long. There was no line to get hot dogs. I probably ate 7 hot dogs throughout the entire day.

• Like 3

A couple summers ago at Dollar Days, while standing in line for a (smaller than normal) blue ice cream, it suddenly hit me.  I thought, "Why am I doing this? Why am I waiting an hour in this line, standing here in the heat and humidity, sweating, fighting ridiculous crowds, all to save a few bucks on some ice cream?"  It was a sudden flash of reality and that was it for me.  We haven't been back since.  It's such as hassle to fight your way through the crowds and then wait in ridiculously long lines just to save a few bucks.  I'd gladly go on a normal, less crowded day at the park and spend a few dollars more on a much bigger serving of ice cream.  If I want La Rosa's pizza, I'll drive to the one that's 10 minutes from my house, sit in the air conditioning and enjoy it more.  I used to sorta have fun at dollar days, then it just became a hassle.  I've taken a couple years off, perhaps I'll have to get it another chance in the future. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, pianoman said:

I was at the park last year during dollar days on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. The park was absolutely packed. That was probably the busiest day I have ever seen. The lines for $1 pizza were ridiculously long. There was no line to get hot dogs. I probably ate 7 hot dogs throughout the entire day.

The hot dogs are way, way better than the LaRosas served in the park anyway.  So is the scum at the bottom of WWC reservoir.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could anyone tell me if the meal plans work on the days the park is sold out to private events? We will be going in a couple of weekends with my work and just curiouse if our food plans will work. I am assuming not but I have no idea. I have searched here but was unsuccessful. 

Thanks!

On 8/29/2017 at 10:19 PM, pianoman said:

Same here.  The only reason we went down on that day was because we were able to use our Fast Lane Plus from our GP renewal.  Not this year.  We were planning on going down on Friday night, but not with what the weather looks like.  Next visit will probably be the first night of Haunt.