Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

6 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Hi everyone, first time long time...

My family recently moved to the KI area, and we were gifted season passes with the food add on.  My question involves the drink pass.  Can I use it to get a bottle of water?  I'm not a fan of soda.  I can't seem to find much info on this.

Also, are there any bars/concessions that sell craft beer?

Welcome to KIC! I don't believe you can use the drink pass to get a bottle of water, although you are able to get water from any of the machines and they do have non soda options. I don't drink soda but use the paper cup option to get Tea, Hi-C, Powerade Zero and Lemonade. 

I don't know if they have craft beer, but there are a few stands that sell alcohol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can’t get bottled water with the drink plan.   You can switch between the souvenir cup and disposable cup plans for a small charge. $3, I think.  All the Coke Freestyle machines dispense water and some but not all of the fountain stands do.   If I want water at fountain stand I just get a cup of ice and fill with water at a nearby drinking fountain.  Some have the water bottle fillers to make it easy.   I also carry a collapsable Mylar waterbottle with a sport cap that fits in my pocket well for rides.  

Cant help you with the beer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmhornblessed said:

Question about the all season drink plan with the disposable cups. Does it show up on the app with the Dining plan. ON the KI app after adding a pass the dinning plan for the year is listed but nothing about the drink plan?

I just looked and the app does not show my drink plan either and I have already used it at Kings Dominion. 

• Like 1

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

I just looked and the app does not show my drink plan either and I have already used it at Kings Dominion. 

Thanks, I figured that was the case. We bought it in August last year with the pass for this year and have not yet been able to use it! Can't wait for Friday!

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 12:36 PM, King Ding Dong said:

You can’t get bottled water with the drink plan.   You can switch between the souvenir cup and disposable cup plans for a small charge. $3, I think.  All the Coke Freestyle machines dispense water and some but not all of the fountain stands do.   If I want water at fountain stand I just get a cup of ice and fill with water at a nearby drinking fountain.  Some have the water bottle fillers to make it easy.   I also carry a collapsable Mylar waterbottle with a sport cap that fits in my pocket well for rides.  

Cant help you with the beer.

Never thought of a collapsable water bottle, will have to look online to find one of them. have the throw away cup plan, but having a way to pack extra water on a hot day would be great

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Never thought of a collapsable water bottle, will have to look online to find one of them. have the throw away cup plan, but having a way to pack extra water on a hot day would be great

This is similar to what I had last year.   Can’t really put ice in them, but the wide mouth ones have a larger cap so don’t fit a pocket as well.   Surprisingly the two I had never leaked but the hole for the carabiner did rip on one of them.  

https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Creations-Collapsible-Friendly-Relaxing/dp/B06VVRPQCJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:26 PM, AnyPancakes said:

My family recently moved to the KI area, and we were gifted season passes with the food add on.  My question involves the drink pass.  Can I use it to get a bottle of water?  I'm not a fan of soda.  I can't seem to find much info on this.

The bar behind Hanks' Burrito Shack or whatever it is called now had a couple options from Christian Moerlein and I believe the Reds Hall of Fame had a couple local options at their bar as well.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:26 PM, AnyPancakes said:

Nope.  You can get small complimentary cups of water, without the food plan, at most drink stands.  But not the bottled water with the drink plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a fully decked out Platinum Pass for this season. Despite being an associate, I go to the park so often that a Dining Plan, FunPix and Drink Plan really work out for me. :)

It is my first year for a dining plan, it is going to be interesting. Really hoping the initial quirks in past years have been smoothed over.

I guess it is kind of funny that I am following the advice of most sales people for companies. Purchase and use the product you sell to guests (customers). :)

I will definitely use all of these a lot however, I visited the park over 64 times last year.... so. :D

Drink Plan is one of the most undervalued products at KI. So convenient! $32.09 after tax for free drinks all season. Its nice! :)  

• Like 7

The bar behind Hanks' Burrito Shack or whatever it is called now had a couple options from Christian Moerlein and I believe the Reds Hall of Fame had a couple local options at their bar as well.

Not sure if still a thing, but 2 years ago Moerlein had lager you could only get at KI. It was called "Inversion". Pretty tasty. One day a buddy and I had a few of them out on the back patio at RHOFG, while watching DBack. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kifan91 said:

I wonder when there going to announce the meal deal items.

I tweeted them, I'm impatient.

They announced preview night details for Canada Wonderland, and they open two weeks after us!

8 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

So the season dining pass is 2 meals with 4 hours inbetween.. This coming Friday can you get a meal at 5 and then 9?

Yes but some locations close early another member will have to help me out because I can’t remember witch restaurants close early 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Typically the restaurants on International Street are open until the park closes. Also, Chick-Fil-A. 

Some of the restaurants also won't open until an hour after the park, either. 

Basically, I would absolutely not count on getting more than one meal Friday evening. Lines will also be slower as the employees are mostly new. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:10 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

Lines will also be slower as the employees are mostly new.

Which is why I do not intend to eat in the park Friday evening. If I go Saturday, I may very well not eat all day and just survive on the Frisch's breakfast and McDonald's or Waffle House after I leave.

I'll probably give it until at least May before I seriously consider eating in the park. Past seasons have turned me into a pessimist on food service at Kings Island. I know it's going to be bad, so why bother trying?

6 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

The details are in the meat serving size as I likely can’t eat any sides but if substantial this makes me very happy.  

Game on CP!

This article https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2018/04/10/ranch-cotton-candy-now-totally-thing-kings-island/504305002/

Says 

"So they will have some 60 chickens roasting at one time. That's 120 portions, by the way. "

So 1/2 a chicken + a side it sounds like.

• Like 2

The details are in the meat serving size as I likely can’t eat any sides but if substantial this makes me very happy.  
Game on CP!

Why no sides? My family has celiac and they were able to eat the Cole slaw at island smoke house. Hopefully this location will have corn cob as an option as well.

27 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Why no sides? My family has celiac and they were able to eat the Cole slaw at island smoke house. Hopefully this location will have corn cob as an option as well.

My wife is celiac but I am not. But I have weight and blood sugar issues and if I want to control them without meds I need to eat low carb (like 20g/day) and if I want to lose weight need to lower the fat content down, that only leaves lean protein and some vegetables.  Corn and bread is out and while cabbage is ok, generally slaw dressing has sugar and/or fat.  Sugar is what I really must stay away from and just vary my fats level depending on how how strict I want to be.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Not necessarily.  They might serve as a quarter chicken (breast +wing or thigh).

I wouldn't be surprised if the author of the article misquoted. Quarter is still a solid deal, half is a hellofa deal. I'm more than content with a leg, thigh and corn.