Theming rundown

Magenta Lizard

When i went on Sunday and rode AE on I did notice more sounds working, however on the final lift the "now you will pay" sounded like it was turned down as far as it could go without being off. Also some dork left the door open again. This had the effect of making it so i could see the tunnel real well and I could see that in several spots on the "beams" of the ceiling the outer parts were partially gone/peeling away and you could see the wood behind them. Nothing a little tlc wouldn't fix i would imagine.

• Like 5

When i went on Sunday and rode AE on I did notice more sounds working, however on the final lift the "now you will pay" sounded like it was turned down as far as it could go without being off. Also some dork left the door open again. This had the effect of making it so i could see the tunnel real well and I could see that in several spots on the "beams" of the ceiling the outer parts were partially gone/peeling away and you could see the wood behind them. Nothing a little tlc wouldn't fix i would imagine.

The final audio does in fact work, and it is loud.

The problem is that Lift 2 of AE is so loud with it's anti-rollbacks that you can't hear it. Among other things.

• Like 2

The final audio does in fact work, and it is loud.

The problem is that Lift 2 of AE is so loud with it's anti-rollbacks that you can't hear it. Among other things.

Funny, that was not a problem 20 or even 10 years ago.

• Like 7

I wish Backlot Stunt Coaster could get its water effects back. Not only the splashdown but the water in the MCBR. You can see it in an old POV.

I want this. So bad.

Problem is, Premier's track rusts, so that's why they had to stop doing it.

See B&M and Diamondback's splashdown.

Its odd because at KD two years ago the splashdown on BLSC (although looking more like a sewer) was still operating with each train.

• Like 2

I wish Backlot Stunt Coaster could get its water effects back. Not only the splashdown but the water in the MCBR. You can see it in an old POV.

Roughly 5 years ago they had q&a with i believe Don for a few weeks where you could ask or comment on things and many were answered. I had asked if they would bring the water back to the splashdown and was told they would look into it. Not long after sure enough it was filled! But after that season it was not :-(

Which reminds me they should do that q&a thing again.

• Like 6

The more you know

Adventure Express's Station music is actually the theme played in the queue of The Crypt before it was removed.

Just to clarify: it's actually the loading drumbeat from Tomb Raider: The Ride, which was never used during the ride's Crypt era. I thought it was a fluke--I've witnessed AE's ride ops switch the station audio between the Indiana Jones theme and a FUN TV stream on a whim--but it was still there last Friday. Apparently it's intentional, which only makes me happier.

Whoever was responsible for that change--and the rest of the repairs done to Adventure Express's theming--it's still VERY much appreciated. Thank you!

• Like 11

Adventure Express theming

Pro: the theming lights on the second lift were on and made the lift feel very impressive

some of the spikes shot out in one of the first tunnels  

Con: the lights on the lift showed the condition of the tunnel and the damage done over the years

Back Lot 

Pro: new paint on the tanks next to the fire in front of the train and maybe additional fire from last year located left of the train (can't remember if that was there or not)

this is from my visit on Sunday the 8 

• Like 4

Something I noticed was cool on my last visit: the lights inside Flight of Fear's UFO seem to be linked up with what is happening in the plot video. I walked into it as the "trip" was happening at the end of the video, and the lights inside were rapidly changing colors and flashing to go along with the action of traversing the galaxy.

• Like 9

The floral clock is looking beautiful this year. I know many of us were worried last year it was going to quietly disappear, after the hands were missing most of the season.

The center part is concrete with deep crevices spelling out "Kings Island" where they have planted greenery inside. It's not very "floral" yet, but it's early in the season. The greenery they've planted is quite lovely.

113e1ffb9142619f9eaa9a05a2e16f96.jpg

• Like 11