Theming rundown

Magenta Lizard

My guess: they took the regular sign down last night and replaced it with an easily removable one for today only, so that when ERT starts, they can quickly remove it. This would be necessary if they want to use the "standard" Haunt queue for Blackout, as that queue comes backward up The Bat's summer entrance, with The Bat's queue being rerouted down the exit to the first crossover. If this is true, the regular sign would probably be back tomorrow.

• Like 4

I'm wondering though, how they'd be allowed to play that particular music. I noticed the first track in the video was from 'Hook.' I'm sure the parks would have to pay some kind of licensing or something to be able to use music like that from different movies. However, when it was a paramount park, I'm sure it was way easier since they'd be able to use themes from their own movies.

Do they have to use movie soundtracks? Why not just use classical majestic music like Ride of the Valkaryes or something by Bach or Mozart?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kings Dominion also plays "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint Säens. Possibilities of classical music could be Sabre Dance by Khachutarian, Hoedown by Copland, I'd even be alright with the Sleeping Beauty Waltz by Tchaikovsky or Hungarian Dance No. 5 by Johannes Brahms.

• Like 2

In the kid area, there was DEFINITELY a Disney song playing... Which made me think the park probably doesn't directly get the music rights, but rather pays for a service that gives them music... And that service gets the rights for multiple clients.

Although I was surprised KI would be ok with a soundtrack that includes a Disney song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Here's what I think each main theme area should have as their own genre of music:

International Street: Majestic music or fanfare

Action Zone: Here you can play the newer pop music

Coney Mall: 50s, 60s, and 70s oldies like the Bubblegum pop music

Rivertown: Classic country and bluegrass music

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm excited that Adventure Express has been fixed up! I loved that ride, not for the thrills but the actual theming. I think Kings Island is really lacking theming that's consistently updated. I'd love to see Backlot Stunt Coaster get a facelift.

My main gripe has been stated already--but I think all of the empty buildings, sheds (and last year, I even saw a werewolf over near The Bat) for Haunt are extremely tacky and make me feel like the park wasn't touched in the offseason.

• Like 3

^ Is this going to become this generation's Mystery Machine where all the enthusiasts get a photo-op of everyone trying to cram themselves in, on, and around the house?

Great idea!

Lol jk I dont ever have an entourage that big at KI

Next time I'm there, we can have a photo op :D lol

• Like 4

The top of it has a flat spot that does almost seem to beg for people to try the Snoopy sleeping position. Not that I would encourage anyone climbing on it, especially adults. As far as I can tell it isn't anchored.

Challenge accepted !

• Like 2