stashua123's 4/29/2016 PTR

stashua123

What a great day yesterday. Probably the best visit I have had to an amusement park. This Trip Report will be separated into two parts, since I have a lot to talk about! :)

A great group of people that I hanged out with on this day. Thanks for the good time everybody! :)

-stashua123

stashua123s 4/29/2016 PTR: Part 1 The First Hours. 1:50 PM-5:10 PM

1:50 PM: Arrivals, Greetings and Rides!

I have arrived. I could not believe I had finally gotten here. It was looking like on Wednesday I might not have been able to have made it. However I got my Aunt to be able to drive me here. :) I finally got through the gate. Malem had said that he and The Interpreter were near the Emporium/Funnel Cake Place but I looked in the store and did not see them. Then I got a text from him that they were in line for Banshee. I then went over there and waited by the sign. After waiting a couple of minutes, they got off the ride. I met Malem and The Interpreter. We talked for a few minutes and decided to head right over to The Bat. I got in row 1 of The Bat with Terp and Malem was in row 2. A good conversation followed while we enjoyed the great ride that was The Bat. It was a good ride and fairly intense. 8/10. The group then left The Bat, we then headed over to Action Zone. I decided to ride the Banshee since I had not done that yet. Terp decided to wait it out and waited for us at the exit. I got on row 4 since I can fit just fine into those seats. I fit right in and was not stapled in at all. The ride was great and was very forceful! 9.5/10. We got off and then headed over to Delirium. We all conversed in line about a variety of things. The ride itself was a one cycle wait. I got a great seat that was outwards every time we swinged all the way outwards. It was a great and awesome ride, a little bit longer of a cycle than I remembered. 9/10. We then headed over to Adventure Express. I got a row to myself in 5-1 with Terp and Malem right behind me. The ride itself was great, but again as I complained about on Opening Day, the rides edge was bumping against my knees and it hurt. 7/10

efc55b209d209de0029f43b44170dae1.jpg

31fe386396b4edffc074227e79da512e.jpg

c80d77bf5d7961e0325fe6174c76629d.jpg

3:10 PM: A Walk of Shame N' Talk

We then walked through the park for about 20 minutes after Adventure Express. it was a good walk around the park and a good conversation with all three of us. :) It was nice getting to know the both of you. I started snapchatting Ohiocolts and asked him if he was on his way, he said he was. We were going to ride the Log Flume, but all of us thought that we should wait for Ohiocolts before riding it! :P And yes, Ohiocolts, we are all very sorry for how that ride turned out. :D I then decide to check out the construction fence and I got a bunch of pictures. Nothing has really changed.... much ... since opening day except there is a bit more clearing. After looking at the construction fence and noticing some oddities and such around the area. We decided to go over to Diamondback. I went into the test seat. I fit!!!!! I was very excited about that. I thought she said that we should look for a new seat for me to fit into. However Terp told me afterwords if I was going by her advice, I should have looked for an OLD seat. I looked and scoped out the last row first seat. I got in with Terp in my row and Malem in the last row of the Red Train. I was fully expecting to be able to fit, since I fit into the test seat. However the girl, Emily, God bless her, saw that I needed one more nudge down. She tried as much as she could and it was very close, but no cigar. I got walk of shamed. I waited for Terp and Malem at the exit. They then exited off the ride, I told the group that I would try the test seat once again and try to ride. They were up for whatever as they could ride Diamondback all night. :lol: I told the test seat attendant about what happened and she was surprised, she said I should have been able to have fit. I tried again and wala, again, I fit. Ohiocolts Snapchatted me saying that he was entering. I decided to wait in the last row again and I found an old seat to sit in. I got on, and once again, Emily tried with no success to get me on. I got into a good conversation with her at the exit, she said it varies a lot and that she was sorry about me not fitting. I guess if I loose a bit more weight I could fit!

ab759600b4b360cbf241a47ca8e4f244.jpg

3:50 PM: Yellin' Timber, a Soaking and a Farewell

After that unsuccessful Diamondback ride, I am still waiting at the exit. I then see Ohiocolts and we all look at the onride photos. I am very glad to see him! We talk for a minute and then decide to go back to the exit. Little did I know that the Koaster Kids Youtube Channel was filming them at the time, I did not meet them or even notice them but I pop in the background of their latest Youtube video with Ohiocolts. :ph34r: Ohiocolts meets up with the group. We all pressure Ohiocolts to ride the Log Flume(mostly me but others chimed in.) but we decide to ride The Beast. I was absolutely unsure whether or not I was going to fit into the ride. While in line I see some classmates in line and hear them say hi, I say hi back(and they ride in the same train with us) though I do not exactly like them. O'Terpy tells us a hilarious story that makes me laugh for a minute afterwords(yes, you really are funnier in person :) ). We get in line and I try 6-1 of The Beast with Lucas while Terp and Malem get in 6-2. I get in and I get it down one click. The ride attendant comes by and after about 30 seconds, gets my lapbar in and locked! Though I am stapled in, at least I am in. Keep in mind I had not ridden The Beast since June 2015. The ride was running very very very well and I loved it. The helix was awesome, and yes, Magenta Lizard, except for the second hill, I kept my hands down the whole ride. :) 10/10! After The Beast, Ohiocolts scanned his Fun Pix and we got the photo. We then head right over to La Rosas, Terp passes on it as the pizza looks about "2 hours old". I pass on it as well. I instead head over to Rivertown Potato Works. I always love to get Kings Island's fries whenever I am at the park. We hear some more stories from everybody. Terps stories were great! The fries also were fairly awesome. After we finish, Terp says he is about to leave, but he will postpone it if OhioColts rides the Log Flume. :) We then convince him to ride the Log Flume. Originally it was going to be all four of us with Ohiocolts deciding the seat order. However as soon as I got into the front row, we saw Terp was just not going to be able to fit in front of me. So he got his own log while the rest of us had another one. The ride was just great but then the final splash came..... I was ABSOLUTELY soaked. The ride I guess did its purpose so I will rate it a 9/10. Malem was wet and so was Ohiocolts but I was just soaked. The flume got its revenge on us all! After the Flume we all headed to the International Street La Rosas, Terp saw a pizza to his liking and bought it. We then headed over to Banshee. Terp passed up on it so I gave him my bag so I would not have to pay for a locker. Thanks Terp! :) I then got another awesome ride on Banshee, and it was still good and not stapled in. 9.8/10. After this ride, we met back up with Terp. He said his farewells and we all said goodbye, thanks for the great time Terp!

4cf770f8fdce0d6d115f94dba5872b77.jpg

eafa7236f0bdea027b3bed9210eacf92.jpg

Thank you all for a great first half of my day. Now onto the exciting second half! :)

Comments appreciated!

-stashua123

END OF PART 1

EDIT: PHOTOS WILL BE ADDED, TOPIC TITLE CHANGED.

• Like 11

I really hope I get to meet The Interpreter!! Knowing how he appreciates rides like Vortex as much as I do, it'd be cool to enjoy a Vortex ride with him. :) (and let's not forget about the other Arrow rides too! ;))

Glad you had another fun trip, as I wait with angst for just a few more weeks...

• Like 3

Nice nice report....it sounds like a very good day at the park. (And I agree, that's a very good ride photo!)

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you(I used to read your posts all the time when I was lurking back in late 2011-early 2012). I just wish the onride photo did not cut out half my face.  ^_^

I really hope I get to meet The Interpreter!! Knowing how he appreciates rides like Vortex as much as I do, it'd be cool to enjoy a Vortex ride with him. :) (and let's not forget about the other Arrow rides too! ;))

Glad you had another fun trip, as I wait with angst for just a few more weeks...

I hope you get to meet Terp too! This trip was very very memorable, and I hope my next trips live up to how great this one was.

I am currently in the process of writing Part 2 of this PTR, I do not know how far I will get, but I will write to my best ability!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the comments! I appreciate them, gives me more motivation to write the second part. :)

PART II of this trip will feature some great times, no ride spites(except Racer, but that does not really count.), things I have not done in a while, FUN, fun and more fun!

I hope you all enjoy the concluding part of my 4/29/2016 Trip to KI, comments are appreciated! B)
-stashua123
COURTESY DISCLAIMER: Those on Mobile, there will be a lot of pictures in this part, just warning the data conscious! :)

stashua123's 4/29/2016 PTR: Part 2 The Final Hours 5:10 PM-10:00 PM

5:10 PM: A Winding Walk Through the Park.
So...... where did I leave off. Ok, so the group, Malem, Ohiocolts and I had just said farewell to The interpreter. We were all thinking of what we should do next. The group decided to go over and re ride The Bat, which Ohiocolts had not done yet. We rode this ride in Second row I believe with a walk on wait. I rode with Malem with Ohiocolts right behind us. Yet another great ride. 8.5/10. After this great ride, noticing the queue rails again(the two of you know why we were looking at them. ;) ) we enter Action Zone again. Malem jokingly suggest we go over and ride Congo Falls! :) Ohiocolts and I, still soaked from that RFYLCB Log Flume ride, pass of course.Ohiocolts and Malem want to ride Drop Tower, but I am 1) never ridden the ride, though I nearly did once in 2005, but thats a story for another time.and 2) am absolutely unsure if I could fit in or not since according to Malem the ride has the old Volcano KD seats. So I pass on the ride and wait on the bench. I take a couple of nice photos while waiting for them to be done. They dropped and they were outta there! We all decided to get go right over to Adventure Express while we are at it. Adventure Express, this time, is much better than before. I am better positioned in my seat and do not feel the cars edge against my knees. And plus they have the theming back! :) 8.5/10. We exit the ride and hear from Malem "They have changed up the Tower Gardens." Ohiocolts and I, naturally being curious decide to go into the Gardens. We find some very interesting things, they have also added a small little pathway to the Grand Carousel so it is no longer a dead end! We all then see a very interesting sight, a what I am guessing park original power box. I take some good pictures, seen below and then we leave to the Grand Carousel
a68f90b5abef21e36a4ca5da0a0f3f07.jpg
8508596c586bc79cd264f45626f25cca.jpg
3e9a44af161f0ff3e19497e92ba71f40.jpg
c0df00367757b0b931392c52c0cf8086.jpg
6:00 PM: Circles and Circuits, Around...
We get on the Good Ol' Grand Carousel. While the Organ is not operating, it is a nice ride. Since I was not able to find a moveable horse, and I did not want to be mean and make Malem get off of his horse, I join Ohiocolts on the leather padded Bench car in the Carousel and enjoy a relaxing ride on the Carousel. After fake waking Ohiocolts up from his nap, whom he says he much prefers to nap on this ride than the train, we decide on that note to head for the train! While heading for the train we all take some great pictures. We then notice a rare sight, the Tropical drinks stand being open by Diamondback! I had never seen this stand open so it was a surprise! We then finally after watching the new Soccer game under DB, get on the KIMVRR Train. The train was a very relaxing and well needed break from the hustle and bustle of the park. The ride attendant makes some VERY hilarious jokes. Numerous survey markers around the trains path. I take some pictures, and that was that. This train ride starts the running gag of the night, were I take a picture of Ohiocolts and send it to Ohiocolts and then he does the same to me.
bd2452c5ac5ac481b12d347a5414c20a.jpg
6:40 PM: Seek the Stars in Flight.
After a good train ride, we exit. We all think of what to do next. We decide to head over and ride Vortex. Before going over their, I decide to fill up my water bottle I brought with me to the park, The autosensing Elkay water fountain is not working, so I have to fill it up manually. After that I get some more great photos of Vortex. Ohiocolts tries out the FunPix borders, but then we find out that taking our own photo with that border will cost us 5$ to purchase, so we pass. We all skip out on SR&R, though I have no idea why since the line was so short and head straight to Vortex. The line is non existent. Ohiocolts was originally going to ride in 5-1 but after switching with Malem, rode with me in 7-1. He, in is own words, said he does not like 5-1. :ph34r: The ride was great, no headbanging, smooth relatively except for that tough transition from the last corkscrew to the turn to the Batwing. 8.8/10 We get ourselves the ride photo of me and him, which is again very hilarious and he scans it once more for Malem to get his photo of himself on 5-1. We then head right across the mall to WindSeeker. In line we see some people try to cut into the line from the Fast Lane entrance with one group not having Fast Lane and the other correctly using that gate for Fast Lane. I get on WindSeeker, fit just fine, and realize just how high the ride is once it gets going. The ride is very very high. And then, right when it gets going, it slows down. Bummer. 7/10. We exit the ride and decide to go down over to X-Base and check Firehawks ine. It is non existant so I rent a locker. And yet again, Malem has to come to my rescue as the Locker machine is just not accepting my cash! Someone needs to fix that. <_< We get on Row 2 of Firehawk, and this ride has to be the most accommodative at KI for me currently. I fit right in with room to spare and not stapled. The ride was great I loved it and the in-line rolls felt a bit more intense than normal. I would give it a 9/10 but with the accommodating feeling, I will add 0.7 points to that for a 9.7/10. :)
938e7930b1ad34c11598fae0e07c9f0d.jpg
b78dbefbf9603f42b5c07b2aa5344f34.jpg
9a51b0824e3b3ef187acfad864890e5d.jpg
f85e0320880a55d0580eb5d727a9c742.jpg
7:35 PM: For The First Time In Forever....!
After that awesome Firehawk ride, we exit. The ride photo booth is now closed, which is a bit of a shame as it was a good roller coaster to get photos from. I get my stuff out of the locker, and we exit X-Base for the night, as the Flight of Fear line is a bit long compared to other rides. Ohiocolts and Malem want to try out Blue Racer, I decide to join them almost certain I will probably not fit. I get on the ride and right away I see I will not fit on the left side of row 5-1. I exit without the Attendant coming by and wait at the exit. After this Blue Racer semi-spite, we decide to go over to the Action Zone. We were going to ride Adventure Express again but the ride broke down as soon as we enter into the line, we did not want to wait so we exited. I realize something I had not done yet and had not done in nearly four years....... Invertigo. I had last ridden this ride in July of 2012, and had not ridden it since I blacked out on it after a long day at Kings Island. I was very, very unsure that I wanted to ride this thing, but with some encouragement from Malem and Ohiocolts, I get in line. We enter the station after walking through the queue. We see every single row except for the front and back have one cycle waits. I go to the back with Malem while Ohiocolts splits up with us and rides in the front. I thought I would not fit by looking at the trains. However, getting into the ride and the train, I was absolutely pleasantly surprised and I realize this is now one of my favorite coaster seat designs. The Seat Belt is long, the seats are EXTRA wide by my standards so my whole rear end could fit without being scrunched up and the restraints were fairly comfortable. I get in and I get cleared to ride without a single push down from the attendant. "There is no turning back now!" says Malem. I am scared because I am going backwards first, which I have never done before. The ride the stops at the lift hill. It then releases, and I scream my guts out realizing I cannot look where exactly we are going! The cobra roll is so very very intense it makes me make a very weird queasy noise. After that the ride goes through the loop and then we go up the lift hill, "Yes, I got the worst over with." I tell Malem. We then go through the ride, except forwards again. I love this so much, I cannot believe I waited four long years to ride this again! This will definitely be on my list the next time I visit. 8.9/10.
52ad4d257fac8b34477c8325063f08ff.jpg
8:15 PM; A Festive Occasion, a First and a Farewell to all!
After the Invertigo ride we go walking around the park, we pass the Kings Island Theatre and go up International Street. We then go to Chik-Fil-A and see OhioColts Mother in line for the food. WE say a quick hello and she tells us Ohiocolts will have to leave soon after dinner. We leave Ohiocolts Mother and head our way to the FestHaus, as OhioColts wants to eat Panda Express's Orange Chicken, though I would call that stuff "Orange Sugary Chicken By-Product." :). However I see that the Eiffel Tower is open, and I want to ride that. Ohiocolts wants to get in line for Panda Express before it becomes even more obnoxious. Malem and I agree to meet up with Ohiocolts after our Eiffel Tower trip up. We enter the elevator and we ascend. The elevator operator comments on my Banshee shirt. We exit the elevator and i stay up in the Tower for 6 minutes taking photos of everything
6c7d5703793fdf9591efe2f0c1106422.jpg
961e8ae2ec09cba2fd8aec9d7024fcf8.jpg
79a6ba80a24575b035d06dca151c34d7.jpg
bb6e9476bca76170c9ade6d4939033d8.jpg
0733b38c8ef461251101f25e2aa09716.jpg
After taking those photos, I was going to stay up for one more round but I see I missed my chance for a great photo opportunity and I rush over to catch the elevator with Malem just in time. While we are headin down, we hear that Kings Island is celebrating its 44th Birthday today! *rounds of applause in the elevator*. I then say "Does this mean that Kings Island will face a Mid-Life Crisis?". :P That was well received. After exiting we run over to the FestHaus. Ohiocolts is still in line so I ask Malem to accompany me to the Coney Mall Potato Works. He agrees. We walk through the park and get to the fries. I only wait 5 minutes for my fries. We then walk back. "I am burning off all of the calories I am putting into my body right now!" We enter the FestHaus again and see Ohiocolts with his meal, we all have this weird conversation about the food and how bad it is for us. Ohiocolts mother enters Festhaus and allows OhioColts to get one more night ride of his choosing. He chooses Banshee. I remember my locker is still somehow valid from two hours ago, the expiration date was 10:11 PM, 3 hours though I only paid for two, but I did not want to walk that far. Ohio Colts Mother gladly takes my bag and hides it under my jacket securely for me. :) We get in line and we get on row 5 of Basnhee "We are certainly switching it up tonight!". This was my first night ride on Banshee and it was awesome. I loved it, the ride is so much better in the dark! 10/10. After this ride, we all say farewell to Ohiocolts and his Mother. Thanks for the great time OhioColts, it certainly was nice hanging out with you for most of the day. So now it is just me and Malem. I was fully expecting to be able to ride The Beast at Night after I ride some of these rides in Action Zone, but I call my mom to find out my brothers are heading right to the park and I would have to leave earlier than planned. Oh well at least I can enjoy these last few moments! Malem and I get on The Bat. It was a great night ride and oddly a bit more intense than I was expecting. 8/10. After this, Malem and I make a long jog/stride over to Adventure Express. I think he had to keep up with me! :P We get on the ride and it was a spectacular night ride that I just loved! Thank you Malem for suggesting we ride this as a night ride. 8.5/10. After this ride, I shake Malems hand, and say goodbye. "I have to run!" Thanks for being a good guy to ride rollercoasters with all day, it was fun! I exit the park at 9:54 PM and get to the drop off at 9:58 PM. I see the Firweorks go off as we leave. What a great night I say to myself as we speed off in our 1998 Honda Civic to a place called home.
f56e03a33a24f1e46275d9c1335207a1.jpg
96aa0c4fabf704b15b712c4b39b61876.jpg
d9e3e2ed106678c83b298b8fd59c2d5e.jpg
I cannot begin to say how great of a day this was for me. Getting to meet The Interpreter, Ohiocolts hanging out with us. Malem being a good rider companion. It was all great! And this was my best amusement park visit ever!
11/10
Ride Count Below:
The Bat: 3
Banshee: 3
Delirium: 1
Adventure Express: 3
Diamondback: 2 walk of shames
KI MVRR: 1
The Beast: 1
Log Flume: 1
Grand Carousel: 1
Vortex: 1
WindSeeker: 1
Firehawk: 1
Invertigo: 1

Thank you for reading this Two Part PTR, comments are appreciated.
-stashua123
END OF PART 2

• Like 6

Thank you all for the comments.

Jcgoble3. I had never seen the stand open ever! I was surprised. Your welcome. If you couldn't tell I wasn't going to go to bed until I had written it. :)

Thanks freaks76!

Thanks Steph88. I had a blast. I enjoy taking pictures

Thanks Ohiocolts for the FunPix pictures!

Here are some more pictures!

0c9860ce601419edf378c2f99a56ed52.jpg

eb059543ee7a0bb4f125e30221707f90.jpg

523d490a75d0a7a960fbe5867c2f80e1.jpg

27cd890b545142502a6cf07260936282.jpg

f74ed89a36011685e49089cea334431c.jpg

ad5a48936b35bca8f54f32daff8f3266.jpg

5a81610211dd4049815efbdc00286dc1.jpg

14023ed6c6bbda4bfa59404e5decb74b.jpg

7553a235cbaf9cc8c53a250eaab0dced.jpg

d40721dca46c0754a33dcbcdd607cb53.jpg

604bc53a948dc375cf046338c3ddabc1.jpg