Carowinds: Guest enters Boo Blasters tracks to retrieve phone

I didn't get a cell phone until this past January (January 10, to be exact) and I had no trouble with waiting that long to get one. I do plan to use it at Kings Island, but only when I need to, whether it's checking the park app or Instagram or taking a few photos (aside from the hundreds more that I take on my camera).

Above all, I have promised myself that I will continue to willfully obey the rules and NEVER take my phone out on a ride while it is cycling, or at all for that matter. I'll be treating that kind of situation the same as when I'm driving - that my phone will be secured in my pocket, purse, or in this case my waist pack, for the entire duration of the ride.

I still remember one particular ride on Vortex back in 2010 when a fellow rider just two rows in front of me was clutching a phone in her hand while holding on to the harness for the whole ride. I don't know what would've happened had that phone slipped out of her grip, but thankfully I did not have to find out...

• Like 4

Last I checked, use of electronic devices was NOT permitted on Boo Blasters, at least at Kings Island, despite the number of photos I've seen of the score displays inside the cars, including one that was (still is?) an avatar for one user on KIC (don't remember his/her name).

• Like 1