Cedar Point Sunrise Thrills Tour

Decided to give this its own thread rather than burying it in the Cedar Point 2016 thread.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/sunrise-thrills-vip-tour

You can go up Valravn's lift elevator to take pictures from the top of the lift hill, tour other behind-the-scenes areas of the ride, learn about maintenance and watch opening procedures before getting the first ride of the day. Then it's off to Top Thrill Dragster for more backstage tours and another opportunity to watch opening procedures, and then Millennium Force for another backstage tour. Finally, you end at Maverick with yet more backstage access and an opportunity to skip the line and ride without waiting. Preferred parking, light breakfast, all-day FunPix, and two single-use Fast Lane vouchers are included as well.

The catch? This is only available on certain days (about three to four days per week), starting around Memorial Day, costs $200 per person for passholders ($250 if you need admission as well), and there is a minimum of two tickets per purchase (and a maximum of 16 total participants per day).

Who here is going to do this?

• Like 6

If one or both of the two people I usually go to the parks with can work out the time frames and finances, I am definitely going to do it.  Ive always wanted to do an in-depth tour of TTD and watch the start-up procedures, and that will be the one way I will ever be on the top of Varavns lift hill.  Its the "minimum two tickets per purchase" part that hurts people like me, unfortunately.  Another case of "hoping for $400 possibly costing them $200".

• Like 3

This reminds me of what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is offering.

https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/book-online/extras/RollerCoastertours

It's $80 and includes behind the scenes tours of 5 coasters.

The below video features a tour of Loch Ness Monster, Alpengeist, Griffon, Apollo's Chariot (Fabio remembers it well), and Verbolten.

I'd be down to experiencing this and what Cedar Point is offering.

• Like 7

I would like to do it but a couple of the benifits is be paying for I wouldn't need. Already have season long Fun Pix at both KI and CP. You also get a one time meal deal to use that day, already have an all season dining plan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

That $200 is for two people though, is it not? We will probably do it this year. My 9 year old saw it yesterday and hasn't stopped talking about it!

That is per a person.  You are required to purchase a minimum of two tickets.  So minimum is $400.

I would like to do this tour but I would most likely be doing this solo so unless I can find someone else who wants to do the tour I doubt I will get a chance unless they change the minimum ticket purchase.

• Like 2

I bit the bullet and signed up for June 16 with my wife.  I'll post a trip report after.  We have Platinum and dining and all that but I figured to climb/elevator to the top of Valravn and opening other coasters it would be worth it.  I'll let you know.

• Like 3