Tron Roller Coaster at Shanghai Disneyland

The POV looked pretty cool... on a sidenote, I've always wondered why there are no Vekoma Motorbike coasters in the US? I mean, I know there are some from Zamperla (Steeplechase- Coney Island, Pony Express- Knott's, Motocoaster- Darian Lake), but I think Vekoma Motorbike coasters have a better design and a more elongated layout. That being said, I haven't been on any type of motorbike coaster, so I don't know how they ride.

• Like 1

The pirates ride looks great overall, love the effect with the Jack Sparrow animatronic coming to life and teh homage to the dog with the keys scene. That said, while it looks great adn fun I do wish they had used more animatronics. That is what has given a lot fo the Disney classic rides, Lik ePirates, their chram. And the ones they have in here look fantastic but tehre's only a handful of them. Ok with them using Screens for some of teh stuff but feel like it woudl have been better with animatronics in places where they could have been used, like Davey Jones looking down on the shis going into the sinking one and jack calling out from the Captain's quarters at the least. While the ride seems visually impressive and vast it also feels kind of sparse next to the other Pirates rides with tons of animatronics in their city scenes.

Now I want to go to Shanghai. I loved the original and the Disney remake. They're in my top 10 favorite movies for sure. I've always thought a Tron ride would be amazing. I wish they'd build one at Disney World!

If Disney's BOD agrees to fund WDW's request for $3.5 billion in park improvements, the sky's the limit! I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of that $ would be earmarked for the MK and Epcot, given the happenings over at DHS and DAK.

• Like 4

Some of the Shanghai rides look absolutely amazing. From what I've read, park admission over there costs the equivalent of about $75 here. I'm sure getting there from here is a wee bit expensive though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Now I want to go to Shanghai. I loved the original and the Disney remake. They're in my top 10 favorite movies for sure. I've always thought a Tron ride would be amazing. I wish they'd build one at Disney World!

The redesign of Test Track is probably the closest thing you're gonna get to a full-blown TRON experience stateside. Had Legacy been as much of a critical & commercial hit as Curse of the Black Pearl (and had TRON 3 not been cancelled), Tomorrowland would have been overtaken by The Grid, and maybe the former Rocket Rods at Disneyland's New Tomorrowland would have been resurrected as a Light Cycle attraction.

• Like 2