How should PKI's next ride be themed?

italianchef

I would have voted for a popular Paramount picture. But, seeing how there aren't any, I voted for Star Trek. Seems to me that everyone just wants a new ride themed after a Paramount movie, popular or not. Maybe 2004 will bring a good Paramount movie. Oh yeah, just another thought. Just because a movie is popular does not make it good nor necessarily a good choice to theme a ride by.

Although Star Trek isn't NEARLY as popular as it used to be, I also vote for Star Trek. The syndicated series ENTERPRISE on UPN has maintained some interest in Star Trek. And it was very recently in 2003 that the most recent STAR TREK was released.

And yes......I ACTUALLY LIKE STAR TREK AND AM NOT A NERD.

Happy Happy New Year!

Italian Chef

:guitar:

Although Star Trek isn't NEARLY as popular as it used to be, I also vote for Star Trek. The syndicated series ENTERPRISE on UPN has maintained some interest in Star Trek. And it was very recently in 2003 that the most recent STAR TREK was released.

And yes......I ACTUALLY LIKE STAR TREK AND AM NOT A NERD.

Happy Happy New Year!

Italian Chef

:guitar:

i third that!

-Trek Donald

A Star Trek theme would be cool, but didn't Jeff say that people were scared of Star Trek?

If I am correct, it was that some children were scared of Klingons. However, I don't see why PKI can't have ordinary cast members dress as human or even Vulcan Star Fleet officers. Additionally, I think that a Star Trek themed coaster or flat ride or motion simulator would augment PKI's motto of "ride the movies at Paramount's Kings Island". Hence, I say PKI please give us some Star Trek.

Sincerely,

Captain Italian Chef, USS Chef's Ristorante

:medieval: :chef:

I guess, Chef, that I am the Ulra-Super Geek. ;) I love Star Wars, Star Trek, D&D, and coasters, What a Combo! :P But seriously, maybe I have been a little rough on PKI in the past and I do love this park ever so much since I have been attending when I was about 8-10 yrs. old. I feel sometimes that I am overly critical because when I first started going, it was the most amazing park, considering I had only been to Camden Park in my hometown. It seemed so clean and neat and just leading the way in thrills and family fun. It still does accomplish this, but, sadly, the theming is going to pot and maybe I am remembering something better than it was, but I don't ever remember seeing the theming in such a state when I first started going. Anyway, back on topic. I think that a Star Trek themed coaster would fit in nicely over by the FOF area and would keep in line with the space theming.

Back in the late 1980s I met Marina Sirtis (and Jonathan Frakes) at 2 separate Science Fiction conventions in NYC and got autographed pictures of both of them.

I agree that Marina Sirtis might be able to persuade some of PKI's staff that Star Trek would be a good thing. She's got my vote!

Live long and prosper.

:chef:

I guess, Chef, that I am the Ulra-Super Geek. ;) I love Star Wars, Star Trek, D&D, and coasters, What a Combo! :P But seriously, maybe I have been a little rough on PKI in the past and I do love this park ever so much since I have been attending when I was about 8-10 yrs. old. I feel sometimes that I am overly critical because when I first started going, it was the most amazing park, considering I had only been to Camden Park in my hometown. It seemed so clean and neat and just leading the way in thrills and family fun. It still does accomplish this, but, sadly, the theming is going to pot and maybe I am remembering something better than it was, but I don't ever remember seeing the theming in such a state when I first started going. Anyway, back on topic. I think that a Star Trek themed coaster would fit in nicely over by the FOF area and would keep in line with the space theming.

I agree 1000%. A Star Trek motion simulator/coaster/ride would fit great by FoF in Coney Mall. It would also make an awesome addition to Paramount's Action Zone.

Live long and prosper.

:chef:

• 3 weeks later...