stashua123's KI 5/7/2016 PTR

stashua123

Here is my long awaited PTR, that I have been thinking over and over about, I finally have a bout of motivation to try and make at least 1 part to this, as I haven't been feeling well lately(Sinus Infection or something in my chest)

This Amusement Park visit was a great one. While it may not have been as great as say 4/29, it still ranks high up there.

Kings Island 5/7/2016 PTR:A Gentille Day at the Island: Part 1 12:15-4:30 PM

12:15 PM: Heading Right 'round

So I got dropped off by my mother at Kings Island after helping my parents out with the laundry from 5:00 AM- 7:45 AM. I guess that was my Moms Mothers Day Present! So after being dropped off I looked at the turnstiles for Ohiocolts, but did not see him(I later learned from him he was working in Processing.) so I entered anyway. The park did not seem too busy, felt almost like a normal Friday crowd. I walked through the majestic International Street. La Rosa's did not yet have a huge line. I then walked my way over to Planet Snoopy. I realized that I might want to ride Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I checked the line and it was only about 5 minutes long, so I decided to get in line. I get into Car #2. The ride would be much better if say the Blasters did not glitch out sometimes, I tried as much as I could and got up to a score of 750. 7/10. After Boo Blasters I walked through Planet Snoopy. I was going to ride Woodstock Express and the Gliders but both lines were entirely too long to be worth that wait. I then decided to check out the test seat for Diamondback, I did not fit according to her but I also did not think she was right when she said the light was supposed to turn green when I did not see a light on. I did not want to try DB today so instead I went down the Midway. I then got some good ol' Rivertown Fries which are very delectable. After a good lunch I decided to opt out on The Beast as I was not entirely sure I could fit like I did on 4/29(which for those who were with me saw how stapled in I was and instead of a Beast ride I went on Vortex. :) I took this awesome picture of the view of the Coney Mall Midway from Vortex's Station and posted it on Instagram. I then got on Vortex 5-1, the Ron Toomer seat. :) I liked how intense it was but this year I think I have become a 7-1 fan! It was a good ride. 8/10. After a great Vortex ride I was going to walk down the Coney Mall Midway but instead I saw Shake Rattle & Roll had no line so I wanted to give it a try. It was a great ride, I love how it can be very thrilling without being overly nauseous. 7.8/10. After a good Shake Rattle and Roll ride I traveled over to Action Zone and got a couple of nice photos. . Checked the test seat for Banshee. "You should be able to fit into the regular seats, it is just a question of how comfortable you want to be". I am keeping it safe for today and rode only in the big boy seats. I did not get on Banshee yet as I did not want to wait in that line that I saw there. I then went over to The Bat expecting to ride, but found the line to be entirely too long, around 25 minutes. Instead I took some good pictures of the ride and was on my merry way. I then headed over to International Street, bought myself a Sprite at Lollapalooza and decided to ride the train!

645185a70b9b866948d087e09a6eaff1.jpg

7ce59f78d26f8fa383d9ef3c4b769f19.jpg

cb3dc05b3598836c704f8f3393a6c8d0.jpg

1983ed18ba7e4bd15176454a374850d4.jpg

df41d2afa0b2e0b0d48e41f5b9a04253.jpg

665d713c5d934b8840e0c7ce0040101b.jpg

93859f9667ab4e3e11b83a28bdb08326.jpg

1:50 PM: A Train Ride with Destiny.

After a relatively uneventful 45 minutes after riding Shake Rattle and Roll I got onto the train. I took a bunch of nice pictures of the 2017 construction area, Diamondback and the woods near it. The train is a great ride to ride if you want to relax. The thing I found to be very odd is they refused to load passengers on the back two cars of the train because "paint was chipping off..." I found that to be just a bit weird. After the first train ride was over I stayed on and rerode it again, as the first time I was about to take a picture of the Bobcat in the woods working on clearing a path but my stupid 8 GB iPhone 5C decided to run out of space on me and and had to do the tedious process of deleting 5 apps from my Phone.owever after reriding the train I did not see the Bobcat in action... :/. The train was a good ride and I hope whatever is being built for next year does not tear down the train.

a4616d810cfda4c545b8685ca58f7f01.jpg

03c8df8746bceda8106d396a47f80d58.jpg

2706f17170ec2a12c7693edc4eb0b9ae.jpg

ae65854c5e333c84e6662719d88ef21e.jpg

After the train ride, I took about a 45 minute break and just sat down at a table near the Cafe on the Corner near Vortex for about 30 minutes, did some mingling on KIC and then at around 2:45 PM decided to head on over to Action Zone.I wanted to ride Banshee so I put my stuff into a locker and was on my merry way! The line was about 30 minutes long and they were hauling in capacity terms by the end of the line. I got onto the ride in row 5. The seat belt fit and there were no issues with the restraints. "All clear and you guys are heading on out of here!" My 5th Banshee ride of the year and it was a great one! I loved the ride and the first hill always catches me be surprise. 10/10. After the great Banshee ride I got my stuff from my locker and headed over to Invertigo. I saw a duo of employees blocking the entrance and saying "Sorry guys, Invertigo is closed right now.". I witnessed a lot of weird things in my 15 minutes of sitting here.

"Employees: Invertigos closed right now guys."

"Isn't that the Banshee??"

"No. Banshees over there."

"Sorry Guys, Invertigos closed right now."

Some 13 year old boy: God (cuss words) every single (cuss word) ride is (cuss word) closed right now, you guys are (cuss word) horrible!

Everyone around: Shut Up!!!

"Sorry Invertigo's closed right now

Where can I go to the TimberWolf?

Employees: Oh It is open right over there to the right of Congo Falls

Thank you!

e45b6d293676b6e929ea1a2a741a10e8.jpg

9d724afb49d5c15809abc141652bc1ed.jpg

d3065fb0427adb2208b3972c11028230.jpg

3:40 PM: Meetin' on Up!

After waiting around at Invertigo, I finally get a Snapchat from Ohiocolts. "WHERE ARE YOU?". He had gotten off work, I knew we were going to meet up after he worked but I did not know when. I told him I was by the now open Invertigo, which I heard later on from MDMC01 that Invertigo had valleyed in the station and they had to work out some kinks. I waited around and about 5 minutes passed and I saw Ohiocolts! I said hi and everything! He told me he was in processing instead of the turnstiles today. He told me some funny stories about what happened on this day there. He wanted to first go to Skyline as he was absolutely starving. I agreed. We went over to the IS Skyline and had little wait for the food. I got myself a 3-Way and he got himself a 2 way with two coneys. We sat down and had a nice conversation. It was nice hearing about Kings Island and making good jokes about theme parks., After a good meal and 30 minutes passing by we decided we wanted to head over to the train. But that will have to wait until the exciting final part!

Thank you for reading this, all of you, I appreciate every single comment and criticism from everyone. I will have Part II up soon!

-stashua123

END OF PART 1

• Like 7

If you had rode the train in those back cars opening weekend, you'd understand about the chipping paint. It was really bad, if you barely touched anything, you had little bits of paint stick to you. I believe they have been painting those cars, too, because I was told at one point the reason we couldn't sit on certain cars was "wet paint." (Why they wouldn't leave cars with wet paint in the shed, I'm not sure - maybe to help dry them?)

• Like 2

The fact that a trail is being created in the woods has my attention!

Yup! Very interesting....

I tell ya, you do good reports.

I can barely remember what I did 15 minutes ago.

I guess as a part of my autism I can still remember things very well far longer than most. It took a bit of brainstorming to remember!

If you had rode the train in those back cars opening weekend, you'd understand about the chipping paint. It was really bad, if you barely touched anything, you had little bits of paint stick to you. I believe they have been painting those cars, too, because I was told at one point the reason we couldn't sit on certain cars was "wet paint." (Why they wouldn't leave cars with wet paint in the shed, I'm not sure - maybe to help dry them?)

Ahh, I see! I was very curious about that!

Part II will be up soon!

• Like 4

Thank you all very much for the comments! I hope you all will enjoy this final part of my 5/7/2016 PTR. :)

Kings Island 5/7/2016 PTR: A Gentille Day at the Island: Part II: The Exciting Final Part! 4:25 PM- 10:15 PM

4:25 PM: Trains, Rollercoasters and Everything In-Between!

Okay, so where did we leave off? Oh, alas, Ohiocolts and I were heading for the train! We walked and Ohiocolts saw LoraX briefly(Sorry I did not say hi! Did not realize it was you until Ohiocolts told me it was after seeing you.) and we walked through Planet Snoopy. Walking through Planet Snoopy I jokingly convinced Ohiocolts that we should ride the Log Flume, he just looked at me blankly for five seconds and said "No!". I took no as an answer. :) We finally got to the train station. I told him about seeing the bobcat and woodchipper earlier so he was very interested. We got onto the train. I took some very nice pictures which I had space for after deleting non essential apps on my iPhone and storing most of my library to Google Photos(A very neat app!). I hope to find my Fujifilm Camera the next time I go to Kings Island. While on the train Ohiocolts realized something. "That's my sister!". After riding the train and getting a good view of everything we got off and briefly said hi to Ohiocolts sister. We then left to ride other things. We both decided to go over and ride Vortex. We got into line. I took a bunch of very great pictures. Ohiocolts and I joked around about rollercoasters. He told me he loathed 5-1 but loved 7-1. I tried to convince him to ride 5-1 but he would not oblige. :) We got onto 7-1. I have to say, that first drop gets me EVERY TIME. I loved the ride, I am so tall I do not get any head or neck banging so I particularly enjoyed the ride. 8.8/10. After a great Vortex ride, we decided to get into line for Firehawk, we did not think it was that long and we underestimated the line slightly. Took us about 35 minutes to get on the ride. We passed time by joking with each other. Sending Snapchats, predicting the "major key: this view of Firehawk" snapchat story in advance of when Kings Island posted it today. We got onto Row 3 of the Red Train. We rode with some first riders and he loved the ride. I have grown to have a fondness for Firehawk since I can fit right into it just fine with no issues and it is relatively comfortable for me. I like the ride and really enjoy it! It is a shame however there is no longer a on ride photo for this ride. I always loved the look of my face on this ride! 9/10

3044e9363d8cc4279d279646ac0b65a3.jpg

db2327c09801f0afd5c83ef61eaffac8.jpg

f4f5e9f6e7c65b0cbcd811450c8a1167.jpg

d0d4d70bc979f15a75de2ce915d0cd47.jpg

ef74755193af0e61e98a174327fda9cd.jpg

02ca90fb1ada5fb6624e8f0be3012267.jpg

29a0085d0fd747198e6317358a46586e.jpg

6:10 PM: Adventure is Out There!

We exit Firehawk. I was thinking of Flight of Fear but decided against it as the line was entirely too long for what could be another Walk of Shame. We walked down the Coney Mall Midway. I stop and see Racer has a slight line. But I decide against it. I don't want to be Walk of Shamed. We continue down the Midway. I then see Adventure Express has a relatively short line compared to the other lines. We get in line. We hear the theme music faintly in the background, overridden by the FUN TVs Music. We get to the entrance finally. However we got there and realize that they are assigning seats... and the seat assigner chooses the worst possible seat. 3-3. I have almost no leg room at all. However, somehow, I fit into the ride, though it literally did not look like I did. I guess Arrow rides, except for the aforementioned rides I will probably never be able to ride, no matter where I am, I fit, how strange! The ride for some reason does not indent into my knees with each jerk. I like the ride. 8/10. After a great Adventure Express ride, we see CoasterOhio briefly, going up the exit to start his shift. Again like LoraX, I did not know who it was until Ohiocolts told me afterwords. After that, we go over to Banshee, we wait in line for the ride. I get Ohiocolts to hold my iPhone in his cargo pockets like he did for me with Firehawk. I got some good photos of Banshee while in line. We got onto row 5. I got right into the ride, fit right in, not stapled. All good. The ride is a great ride and I love it! I still rank it slightly below my July 2015 ride on Montu, Montu is my favorite invert, but it is still very near the level of Montu. 9.8/10. The Banshee ride was one of my best I have had this year.

6ff8c767ba6a63b9d0a236bd3b90fa1f.jpg

9cbd753c6d3b916c6d6604a9d1ada176.jpg

85aed64e7a787ab1326471fcf57a83f6.jpg

7:10 PM: A Glorious Ending

After a great Banshee ride, I see my on ride photo(above, thanks to Ohiocolts FunPix! :) ) we then leave and head right over to The Bat. We hear see somebody familiar. Thoe124, spieling and attending to The Bat. I take some good pictures of The Bat and Banshee from the station while waiting for the front row of The Bat. We finally get to next in line after about 10 minutes. Thoe124 finally sees us and he says "Hey" over the loudpeaker. While he is loading me, I tell him who I am and since we have talked before, he knows me. We then go through a great ride on The Bat. I think the ride is best either in the back or the very front. I liked the ride. 8.5/10. We then go through part of the queue line of SOB and act like it is open, and they painted it with "invincibility paint". :) After a nice joke we go through the Action Zone. I again skip out on Drop Tower as I am not sure if I could fit into it. We take the uber secret pathway nobody takes to near the KI Theatre and Invertigo and get a couple of good pictures of Invertigo. The time now is 7:55. Ohiocolts wants to eat dinner, but alas I only have $3.57 in my wallet. We go to the Reds Hall of Fame Grille anyway. Since they are significantly understaffed, we go to the bar. Ohiocolts with his meal plan gets Home Run Chicken Tenders while I pay the $1.99 extra for the wedge fries so that could be my part of the meal. After a great dinner we leave at 8:30 PM. Me and him plan out what we are going to do for the next hour and a half. I again opt out on The Beast as I am not sure yet. We walk down the Rivertown/Coney Mall Midway. BLSCs line is a bit too long to both of ours liking. We decide to reride Vortex again. We wait a bit longer than we did earlier in the day, about 15 minutes but it was worth it. The ride is great at night. Again in 7-1 and again a great ride. 8.9/10. After a fantastic Vortex ride, we decide to ride WindSeeker at night. The wait is only one cycle. We get assigned to Seats 25 & 26. The view is great, the ride is great and I feel very scared being that high off the ground. "Imagine if WindSeeker got stuck at 1:00 AM and we were stuck there for 7 hours." That would be scary :blink: 7.8/10. After WindSeeker at night, aandjgoods@live.com had been snapchatting Ohiocolts all night. He was over by BLSC and we decided to go over there. We met him and his mom as they were exiting BLSC. He had taken his mom to KI as a Mothers Day present, aww! I talked to him briefly before he started talking to Ohiocolts, I talked to his mom and she told me a funny story about aandjgoods@live.com going to KI when he was young. After walking down the Midway they said they were going to ride WindSeeker at night so we said our farewells. We walked down the Coney Mall Midway, passed on Racer again, and headed right over to Adventure Express, expecting to see CoasterOhio. However to both of our surprise, we found jdawg1998 working the ride. We got into 5-1 of Adventure Express. Jdawg gave Ohiocolts a high five and then there were ladies behind us arguing with us who knew him better. :D I told him who I was and everything. Right when we were about to dispatch to our surprise we find MDMC01 running down to our gate! We all say hey since that was unexpected and he says he will meet us at the exit after he rides. And with that we are off! The girls continue arguing about Jdawg1998 with me and Ohiocolts while we head through the darkened ride that is Adventure Express. The ride is great, the theming is better than it has been in the past 4 years, since at least 2012. However the surprising part comes at the end, I usually reach my hand to try and touch the magma under the Big Guy when we top the lift hill. I never usually get it. This time, I felt it! I touched it! The middle finger of my right hand touched that part! It was quite unexpected! I tell Ohiocolts and he is surprised. I then tell Jdawg1998 as soon as I get to the station and he is surprised as well. The ride was great and with that touching comes a one time 50 basis point jump of my rating of my ride to 8.7/10. :) We say farewell to Jdawg1998 and the girls behind us and wait for MDMC01. He comes off the train and finds us. We all think of what to ride next while as we called it "Malem stride" down the midway. :lol: We were all thinking we would go over to Banshee and then run over so Ohiocolts could get his final ride of the night on Diamondback. We looked at Banshees lien and it had not died down from three hours ago. Still around 30 minutes, so instead we headed over to what we were thinking would be Boo Blasters, but Ohiocolts thought he did not have time for that, I had an idea. MDMC01 and I split up from Ohiocolts to see the fireworks from the Eiffel Tower while he rides Diamondback at night. We agree. I say my farewell to Ohiocolts and get in line for the Eiffel Tower with MDMC01. There is no line and we get on the elevator at 9:53 PM. We ascend and finally get to the op. I get my camera out and take a bunch of great photos. Then the fireworks go off. This is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. I loved it. The fireworks last about 5 minutes and then we head down the Eiffel Tower. We exit the ride. I go with MDMC01 and get his stuff from his locker. He takes a picture of me at the sign and we go through the shop to see if his favorite candy is there. It is not and we then leave the park at 10:15 PM. I say farewell to MDMC01 and speed off to my brothers 1998 Honda Civic. However, I would be perfectly happy except they narrowed the southbound land down to ONE LANE AFTER CLOSING and it took us about 25 minutes to get out of Kings Island Drive. We then speed off onto a highway to home.

09612f8289994a3a07267668facf5718.jpg

89fa2107c4d40ba1b53fc69eebaeb792.jpg

93198b905951331fece3c0931e5fc609.jpg

a16ae7a55af3dd1ca86ecba6b73ca1f3.jpg

bb9f3d3908063a7493dcb65ee3ddcec7.jpg

2aa16005ca9e12fb3279c5cba8ef986b.jpg

070690f8a106992fd2618428c97dc684.jpg

c90d072103d16767910097934b0176ed.jpg

76351680cb07ce82d283e10c4e6145de.jpg

3e849e9f9dba5cf0271eadd180eb16a4.jpg

9541212218d8eae73a6a26fc39ff1fee.jpg

Thank you all for reading! Comments and thoughts are appreciated!

-stashua123

END OF PART II

• Like 3

I did keep my hands inside the car I just put them up like I usually do. I guess I learned I'm too tall to lift my hands up anymore. :)

Yup. Everyone feels old at some point. ;)

And yes that's what me and MDMC01 nicknamed the very fast stride down the midway. :)

• Like 2

Malem, your comment made me  :lol:. In all seriousness, I think it was Stashua's classification, I just went along with it lol.

And alas, I could not find the Handi-Snacks. I went to 3 stores (the $5 store in Coney Mall, Coaster Connection and Convenience Corner at the front gate) throughout the day to look; they must not have them this year (they had them last year at least in Soak City, a Snoopy cart and Convenience Corner). However, I settled for some Nutter Butters in Action Zone (from Coaster Connection) around mid-day and they were quite good.

Also, Invertigo was down earlier that day for some reason (as well as Drop Tower due to wind), but the station valley happened a little later in the day, around 6:00/6:15ish.

• Like 2

Malem, your comment made me  :lol:. In all seriousness, I think it was Stashua's classification, I just went along with it lol.

And alas, I could not find the Handi-Snacks. I went to 3 stores (the $5 store in Coney Mall, Coaster Connection and Convenience Corner at the front gate) throughout the day to look; they must not have them this year (they had them last year at least in Soak City, a Snoopy cart and Convenience Corner). However, I settled for some Nutter Butters in Action Zone (from Coaster Connection) around mid-day and they were quite good.

Also, Invertigo was down earlier that day for some reason (as well as Drop Tower due to wind), but the station valley happened a little later in the day, around 6:00/6:15ish.

Ah thats what it was you were looking for. It was a shame we could not find them.

Yes you sort of went along with it too and I brought it up because I thought it was funny thinking of how much Malem and I strided through the Midways on Opening Day, I think I lost 3 pounds walking around! :P

Oh so Invertigo valleyed at 6 instead of 3:30, thanks! 

Great TR!! Loved Reading!! Looking forward to your next one :D

Edit: You take amazing pictures!!!

Thank you, this means a lot! I think I will be at KI next weekend, unfortunately NOT for Coasterstock since I did not sign up in time. :/

Wow, I have still not been to Kings Island yet, and you've already been what, three times now?? :P

Anyway, I love reading your trip reports! They always excite me (and torture me if I have not been in a long time a.k.a. me right now. :lol: )

I know! I am as surprised as you that I have been to KI this many times this year! I only went four times last year so this year will be making up for lost time.

Thanks! I try to make my Trip Reports as exciting as possible for people reading, glad it is helping you somewhat but I wish it were not torturing you! :P You will go soon enough!

Thanks for the comments everybody, they encourage me to write more Trip Reports.

• Like 2