Tropical Plunge passholder preview weekend

malem

Of the six slides, five were open this morning. The tamest of the drop chamber slides wasn't operating because there weren't enough lifeguards. People brave enough to ride at 60° probably didn't need the tamer option, anyway. :) Soak City closed by 1:30pm due to low attendance; we finished most of the slides in the park by 12:30pm.

Echoing ohiocolts, the drop slides are very intense. I again have a ride at Kings Island that gives me a (brief) scare - Xtreme Skyflyer just doesn't do it for me anymore. As soon as the countdown starts, there's that moment of "what the heck did I get myself into?". It's also a fast ride; the three of us who rode have the red marks on our backs to prove it. (No, this ride isn't for everyone.)

The new tube slides are a lot of fun, minus the potential terror. The tube slide on the far left (from the rider's perspective at the top of the stairs) is the most fun - but be sure to follow the verbal safety instructions (hold on tightly at all times, put your feet up when you hit the water) to avoid capsizing like Lucas & Alec did! All three unique slides offer nice airtime and a well-paced ride.

Two of the new slides have LED lights inside, which makes for a cool effect. Night ERT later this season should be really fun.

• Like 7

And by the end of it Alec was shivering while Lucas said "I'm warmer than ever."

I have a couple of photos!

44ea5c33d7b4163036f95f8b0e2397da.jpg

Ohiocolts and Aandjgoods right before they capsized!

0f20185e9ec23bfa35652d32b1049ffd.jpg

Malem splashing out of the purple slide.

81af8be7decea1894447edca2aede958.jpg

Aandjgoods and Malem right after their Tropical Plunge!

27ed8f4e32cce3951d8e03658bc2de60.jpg

Aandjgoods and Ohiocolts splashing down!

After hearing about the experiences from everybody. I will ride the tube slides but it would certainly take a lot of convincing to ride the Tropical Plunge capsule slides.

• Like 7

I was bribed by burritos, and i won.

Yellow is the fastest slide of the three drop boxes and yet has the smallest drop..

Blue has the most g forces 2nd longest drop (don't ask why about the g's i cannot explain.)

Green is the longest drop.

At first it might scare you, which is natural, but take a few deep breaths and you will be fine.

• Like 2

I will have to say the most thrilling part of the entire body slide experience is the wait for the trap door to fall out from under you. Once it dropped you, i didn't get the sinking feeling in my stomach like I expected. I did notice that I was unable to keep my feet crossed when I dropped from both slides, I'm assuming because of impulse. Overall though it was enjoyable. I really liked the tube slides.

• Like 5

Remember to breathe while going down the slide. Right after the drop, it's easy to forget. The faint of heart may want to avoid looking down before dispatch. Having avoided spoilers, it was shocking at first.

Also, small movements are quickly amplified on a fast body slide, so do be sure to hold the correct riding position until the end, head firmly back against the slide. Don't be like me and hit your head halfway down. (Luckily, I didn't hit it hard. But don't do that.)

• Like 6

Sunday my 10+8 year old told me they wanted to try the drop one. We got up there and said they were scared and told me to go first so they could see me do it. Standing there waiting for it to drop you and looking down at the clear floor and it looking like I'm 10 feet up from the start of the slide  gave me one heck of an adrenaline rush but the ride was fun. Once I got to the bottom I waited for them to ride it only to see them both walking back down the stairs. My little chickens :-)

• Like 8

Reading these reviews is getting me pretty pumped to ride this Sunday (I was originally on the fence due to the possibly extreme crowds as the complex is so new- I was thinking TP will be packed while the other slides will have little to no lines). I do have one question, mostly for ride tracking purposes: Is each individual slide within the Tropical Plunge complex named (like with Snake Pit at Dorney) or is it just "the green one, the blue one, etc."?

• Like 2

I remember The Nestea Plunge!

Me too.  Very fond memories of walking all those flights of stairs and walking past the people waiting for the other 3 slides and continuing up another flight.  That slide was a rush.  Can't wait to try out Tropical Plunge next week!

• Like 2

The complex is just named Tropical Plunge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, good to know.  To add to the current conversation, I did not ride The Plunge. However, I did ride The Streak (far left slide, if you are looking straight at the slide, towards the parking lot) and that was a little frightening as I thought I'd fall off the side onto the pavement below. 

Also, did not know that The Plunge was once sponsored by Nestea. 

• Like 2