Tropical Plunge passholder preview weekend

malem

^ what are you talking about "The streak"? None of the individual slides in the tropical plunge complex are individually named.

FYI,

Both the "plunge" body slides level and the inner tube slides level have 3 slides each.

For each the inner tube slides, the fastest is the light blue on the left... Slowest & longest is the purple on the right.

For the body slides it's the opposite. Slowest is the far left, fastest is the far right (yellow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Streak was one of the speed slides that made up the FastTracks speed slide complex that was around in KI's WaterWorks days. Rendevous Run is where The Streak, Thunder Run, The Plunge and White Lightning were from 1989 (?)- 2003.

EDIT: But the slide information on which TP slide is fastest/slowest is good to know as well.  ^_^

• Like 3

Yawn give me Deep Water dive at KK. TP is chump change. Not to mention KK's wave pool is a 1000x better. Just never really been a fan of KI's water park

So it's a straight down version of TP, same general idea. Have not rode that one but to me the extra 10ish seconds going through tubes would make TP more fun to me at least. Closest I've come to that one is The Cliff at whatever The Beach is called officially now, though i admit i love that one too.

• Like 2

The new slide complex has green/red lights to indicate when new sliders can go... I'm not exactly sure how they work. From what I saw the bulk of the delays are from people just moving slowly and trying to figure out how to back into their launch tubes. Once loaded, they generally launch quickly.

• Like 2

When I rode TP yesterday morning, the lines generally looked long but weren't too bad.

As for "non-normal" wait times, consider the fact that some people "chicken out" at the top; this could be a factor in increasing wait times.

• Like 3

Finally had a chance to ride TP this week. Wow. What an experience. I did the purple slide with a partner and I've never experienced a forceful slide like that. Also got a chance to do the green drop slide. Like most people said, it shocked me at how scared I actually was. This the guy that rode TTD for the first time without a problem. Something about seeing the slide underneath you and just waiting to fall got me. It was an un-organic feeling and I haven't been that scared in a long time.

• Like 9