Trademarks

Sebastien6221

Bored trying to stay up all night cause I work tomorrow night, I came across some strange information on trademarking.....i'm sure you will all correct me if I am doing anything wrong by linking and what not. I googled to see if this site was legit, and it was. Please excuse me if I have started this forum in the wrong area, not sure where I should have put it.

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-2-2

From the looks of it you can buy certain trademarked things that Cedar Fair has. Looking at RCDB made me want to look up their trademarks due to finding out Mantis was originally going to be named Banshee, now we have our beloved Eve at KI. Amazing what you can find out :)

Upon further investigation it seems it has to do with something with the font and lettering?

• Like 2

Trademarks that have expired and are no longer actively held by the filing entity are eligible for re-registration by a new entity if certain conditions are met. This looks like a site similar to LegalZoom, where you can complete the process mostly on your own. 

Some trademarks are well and truly dead, meaning they are unable to be "revived" by the filing entity, because they chose not to file a Declaration of Use with the Patent Office (must be done periodically for continued usage).

http://teas.uspto.gov/postreg/sect08

Trademarkia is much like LegalZoom in that it allows you to undergo the process of submitting a trademark of your own for active use, or reviving a dead mark- although the latter is more complicated and often more trouble than it's worth. 

• Like 3