Walt Disney World honors 22 year old 4 day hopper ticket only used 3 times.

http://www.upworthy.com/with-one-day-left-on-a-22-year-old-disney-world-ticket-this-woman-made-the-most-of-it

She's not sure why her family kept the ticket this long, but immediately she wondered if it would still get her into the park. On her next visit to Orlando, she headed over to Disney on a whim, just to see what would happen.

To Chelsea's surprise, the Disney World staff told her the ticket was still valid!

"I just went up to the window. I wasn't expecting to spend the day there; I didn't bring anything (or anyone) with me," she said.

"They were pretty surprised. The girl working there was younger than me and said, 'Wow, I've never seen one this old before!' She called her manager over and they were super nice about it."

• Like 12

Very cool! Unfortunately, the "No Expiration" option that made this possible is no longer offered when purchasing tickets. (It used to be available as an additional charge, just like adding "Park Hopping" or "Waterpark Fun & More" options.) Now, they expire 14 days after the first use. So 22 years from today, a ticket from May 2015 will be met with a closed gate. Especially if it's peak season! 

• Like 6

Very cool! Unfortunately, the "No Expiration" option that made this possible is no longer offered when purchasing tickets. (It used to be available as an additional charge, just like adding "Park Hopping" or "Waterpark Fun & More" options.) Now, they expire 14 days after the first use. So 22 years from today, a ticket from May 2015 will be met with a closed gate. Especially if it's peak season!

The current ticket does expire 14 days after first use. But you can wait 22 years for that first use.

The ticket in question did not need a no expire option. It used to be that all tickets never expired.

The no expire option has been removed and later came back. Disney tickets keep changing and the only constant is they seem to always keep getting more expensive.

• Like 6

I have a park hopper ticket in my pocket from 1999. It has a day left on it....

That's funny, I have a park hopper from 1999 too. Does anyone know if there's there any way to tell if it has any days left on it other than going to the gate? I'm visiting Orlando again in October to visit that resort up I-4, but would be interested to know if I could bring this park hopper along and catch rides on some of my favorites at the World.

Update: Called Disney, I'm out of luck as far as theme park admissions go, but apparently there is still a possibility of having credit available for water park admission? As much as I'd love to return to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, I think I'll just be staying at my resort for this trip. (Staying at the brand new Sapphire Falls at Universal, pretty excited!). Got a good week of Disney last summer. I'll return when Star Wars land opens.

Edited by Delirium13
  • Like 3

I have a park hopper ticket in my pocket from 1999. It has a day left on it....

That's funny, I have a park hopper from 1999 too. Does anyone know if there's there any way to tell if it has any days left on it other than going to the gate? I'm visiting Orlando again in October to visit that resort up I-4, but would be interested to know if I could bring this park hopper along and catch rides on some of my favorites at the World.

Update: Called Disney, I'm out of luck as far as theme park admissions go, but apparently there is still a possibility of having credit available for water park admission? As much as I'd love to return to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, I think I'll just be staying at my resort for this trip. (Staying at the brand new Sapphire Falls at Universal, pretty excited!). Got a good week of Disney last summer. I'll return when Star Wars land opens.

Please post a trip report about Sapphire Falls when you go! I'm jealous!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1