More Poor Service

flightoffear1996

I'm amazed at how KI is chasing customers out of the park early by closing food service.......dumb dumb dumb! I'm just watching all of the hungry people taking their dollars and leaving. This is particularly stupid since they are open today to MAKE Money, not wave it goodbye at the gate!

• Like 4

I'm amazed that the previous post was in May and the last post in August. I'm guessing due to school back in service is the reason for the early closures. I'm sure next week will be even worse since more schools will be starting. Sigh. Only 1 week till daily ends, August 21. I'm betting someone will be waiting outside the auto gates on August 22 at 10am and wondering why they are still locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food seems to be a big problem at many amusement parks.  I don't know what these places can do to improve efficiency and speed without making the employees want to be there.

From my experience, food service employees can use a moral boost.

My cousin only worked in food service a week before she quit, and honestly, some of has to do with an unwitting "caste system" in the park.

People sometimes sneer at litter gitters and food service, when they, too, are equally important members of the park.

When I asked her why she quit, and I was a bit miffed- she said it was easy for me to say the park was great, I worked on rides, she was a lowly food worker.

There shouldn't be a monkey troop system when all members of the park add to a great experience of the patron, as evidenced by this thread. A great day at the park could have been better if all the "cast members" (yah, I know, Disney) played their parts to the best. And you can't give your best if you feel "lowly".

No one should be made to feel their job is nothing.

Perhaps the park can do a bit better

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how KI is chasing customers out of the park early by closing food service.......dumb dumb dumb! I'm just watching all of the hungry people taking their dollars and leaving. This is particularly stupid since they are open today to MAKE Money, not wave it goodbye at the gate!

This has been something that has really bothered me this season as well. We usually go after work so we get there at 4:30 and immediately use our dining plan. When we try to get our second meal for the trip home, almost every single place is already closed. Sometimes we get lucky and they have meals sitting on top of the warmers while they're breaking stuff down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This has been something that has really bothered me this season as well. We usually go after work so we get there at 4:30 and immediately use our dining plan. When we try to get our second meal for the trip home, almost every single place is already closed. Sometimes we get lucky and they have meals sitting on top of the warmers while they're breaking stuff down.

And no doubt the dining plan comes into play as well with early closure of some food places, especially now with 8pm closes.  Now I realize staffing issues plays a larger role and many of the food places off I-Street typically close an hour early even in the middle of the season and did so long before the dining plans even existed.

The point I am making is that probably majority in park this time of year are pass holders and probably more patrons than not are using a dining plan - as has been posted on this forum before - they have your money so why cater to you, especially on a day like today?  They certainly do not make any money with the lines of dining plan people at park close cashing out every season pass in their family to take home a whole pizza or more.  With the addition of the dining plan, they have no incentive to try to staff food service on days like this, or even at park close.  How many people at park close now are really in a food line paying cash or credit card for food - not many, most are dining plan.  People paying will go to one of the many establishments outside the park at park close.

As someone who gets to enter other Cedar Fair parks, from my experience, KI is the worse with the dining plans.  Almost like KI doesn't support it and they hope that if it is a failure here that Cedar Fair will eliminate it.  I do not see that happening.

• Like 2