Six Flags Great Adventure Lawsuit

I can't say I am surprised but the only way to prevent this is to not allow people to carry anything onto the ride.  This is what Universal Studios Florida has been doing.  They have metal detectors at the entrances to the roller coasters and employees who if they think you still have something which did not set off the metal detectors will force you to empty your pockets before you are even allowed in the line.  The good news is that the park provides free lockers.  The parks also only have three coasters this occurs on, Dragon Challenge, Rip Ride Rockit, and Hulk.

• Like 1

Would the loose article policy protect the park in this case? There are multiple no loose article warnings at every entrance and the ride ops speil about it. I'd think they've done all they could short of frisking the guest.

• Like 3

As much as I like Great Adventure they really are not good at enforcing cell phones being taken out on rides. Anyone who takes a phone out on a coaster is supposed to be kicked out of the park but it never happens. It has been really bad last year and the few times I have been there this year. Even when someone is caught I have never seen a person get in trouble, they just get a warning even if it happens multiple times by the same person on a ride like Sky Screamer.

• Like 2