Sovenir cup rant

TRTR Guy

Just a quick rant about the season long refill cup.

Ordered it when I renewed my pass over the off season.  Got cup during pass holder preview night. Cashier had problems activating it but said it was good.  Tried to get refill Saturday, and cashier said it wasn't activated.  Had to go to Guest Relations and get a voucher for a new one.  Went to a drink location to get new cup, but they were unable to activate any of their cups because the "bar code was invalid".  Had to wait in line at another location and eventually get a new cup, and have been insured that is activated.  Time will tell.  How are the bar codes invalid on new cups?

On a side note can anyone confirm if these cups are good at the other Cedar Fair parks, like the 99 cent refill cups were last year?

• Like 1

The issue with cups on passholder preview night affected lots of people. I would assume the invalid barcode issue was either a problem with that batch of cups or with the stand itself. I bought my cup at a food stand on passholder preview night and haven't had any problems with it. And yes, the cups should be good at all CF parks again.

• Like 1

My all season refill cup worked fine at Cedar Point last week.  The only issue was at Johnny Rockets--they tried to charge me .25 for a free refill.  They had to have a long discussion and decided since was from an "associated park" the .25 was an internal accounting procedure.

• Like 2

The only rant I have about my souvenir cup is that I keep forgetting to bring my voucher every time I come to the park..Its always in my other car.  :wacko:

I forgot again yesterday..Maybe I'll stop after work today and finally pick the dern'ed thing up  

• Like 1