Kings Island Food Truck Festival 2016

BoddaH1994

Best ever grilled cheese sandwich, garlic bread stuffed with bacon at 1776 Grill. Oh so good.

Cheekymeatpies. Delicious. Very flaky crust stuffed with a chicken potato marsala sauce is so good.

SugarSnaps chocolate chip cookie is buttery goodness.

Loving the food trucks.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I just made a quick trip to KI solely for the food trucks.

Empanadas from Empanadas Aqui were delicious! As was the absolutely insane bacon grilled cheese from that 1776 place. I also had a tasty strawberry smoothie from Maui Wowi and a cup of Chocolate Devotion from Cold Stone.

...I rode Viking Fury right after to see if I could handle it. And I succeeded! 

I hope the food truck festival keeps coming back.

• Like 7

Empanadas from Empanadas Aqui were delicious! As was the absolutely insane bacon grilled cheese from that 1776 place. I also had a tasty strawberry smoothie from Maui Wowi and a cup of Chocolate Devotion from Cold Stone.

...I rode Viking Fury right after to see if I could handle it. And I succeeded!

I'm sure guests riding in nearby seats were very glad that you could, indeed, handle it.

• Like 5

I had an unlucky run with the food trucks this year. I was trying to do places I had never been to but this time I came up either overpaying for too little of food, or overpaying for food that wasnt anything to say "mmm" at.

Hope everyone found some great food for themselves!

• Like 3

I went to the food trucks Friday and Saturday and here's what I got.

• Friday Lunch:  Fried Green Tomato BLT and a cinnamon sugar soft pretzel from Vinnie's Pretzels
    • Although I've never had a green tomato, let alone one that is fried, the sandwiches were heavenly, and was possibly my favorite dish that I had all weekend.  The pretzel I had was ok, but it kinda tasted weird because I think it had some left over salt.
  • Friday Dinner:  Chicken Parmesan Sandwich from Bistro de Mohr
    • Felt like pre-packaged teriyaki chicken.  And they literally just sprinkled regular grated Parmesan cheese that you'd normally put on spaghetti on it.
  • Saturday Lunch:  2 Cheese Coneys from Chili Hut
    • dogs and buns tasted like regular coneys that you'd get at Skyline, but the chili was heavenly.  It was saucy like Skyline's, but it tasted way better and had more of a kick to it.
  • Saturday Dinner:  Pulled-pork sandwich and Red Raspberry Wacky Lemonade from Remi J's BBQ
    • Lemonade was awesome and is served in these bucket-like cups.  BBQ sandwich was okay but had some tough meat.

Overall, I love love love the food truck festival and think it's such a unique idea for the park to pull off every year.  I think it'd be better if they did it later in the season like last year (in July) to attract more customers and allow more business for the food trucks.

• Like 4

I guess no one saw the food truck fight over near the Chick-fil-A? We went by and it was going on. They were calling for security so we did not stick around. It happened around 9:40 p.m. tonight

Yeah Ohiocolts and I saw it. I was by one of the food truck stands when it broke out near me.

• Like 2