Memorial day crowd

Epoe0005

I don't know, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think they're having Armed Services days this weekend, where veterans get in free (which is awesome of KI). I would say it's probably gonna be packed.

But I've never been on Memorial Day weekend to KI. Been 4th of July and Labor Day weekends and ya can't hardly get through Action Zone with the shoulder to shoulder traffic. Memorial Day weekend at Cedar Point last years was insane, where as Memorial Day itself wasn't to bad. I know that's not KI, just tryin to use it as a reference.

Hope that helps just a little.

• Like 2

Veterans and Currently Active with ID get in free and admission is 29.99 per person for up to 6 family members

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Free-admission-to-active-and-retired-US-military

EDIT: there is also a cookout thisweekend and pass holders who have the dining plan can upgrade to the lunch for only $5. I think this was offered last year too. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Memorial-Day-Cookout

• Like 2

We were there on Monday from open until about 2:00. The crowd was not a crowd, really. The longest wait for a ride we saw was Diamondback and that was ~20min (we walked into the line and didn't stop until the Coke machines). It was a little warm, but it was a beautiful day for the park.

I'm hoping this is the norm for Monday holidays (esp ones where family cookouts are the norm)...I'll be making use of them :-)

• Like 1