If our park is getting a new coaster, how do feel about B&M?

MIcoasterguy

After riding Gatekeeper and Banshee, two different coasters opened 1 year apart, but completely different ride experiences, I feel like B&M is capable of providing two different types of ride experiences. Banshee is the most forceful B&M I have ever ridden, even after riding Raptor after 20yrs of service! And let's face it Raptor is more forceful than Gatekeeper even on it's slowest run, in southwest winds, with a full stop at the mid course brake run lmao!!!

• Like 1

Bolliger and Mabillard is a fine company who delivers consistent, reliable, and popular products. Regardless of how enthusiasts view them, the GP absolutely eats them up.  They do their homework very well when trying something new.  Parks know what they're getting when they sign up for a B&M ride. 

As for my personal view of their rides, I haven't ridden a B&M that I didn't like.  Granted, my B&M list is pretty small (7 total, I've not ridden any of B&M's sit down looping, flying, giga, wing or dive coasters), but I'd expect I'd like about any other of their rides in some way, or at least some aspects of their rides.  

• Like 8

I've been on 17 different B&M coasters, from #1 (Apocalypse at Six Flags America, formerly Iron Wolf at SFGAm) to #100 (Valravn at Cedar Point)

I've been on every style B&M except their flying and family coasters. I have never ridden a B&M that I have not liked.

Some B&M's that I've been on have been more forceful than others.

When I rode Green Lantern at NJFTP (formerly Chang at Kentucky Kingdom) my legs felt like jelly, and that's no exaggeration.

• Like 3

@pyrokenesis what does the location of our park have to do with this topic? KI is the 3rd most visited seasonal park in North America behind Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point, the coaster capital of the world, and yet KI served less tha 300,000 more visitors that CP in 2015, without having the easy marketing or being the coaster capital. Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks specifically for KI, it was the gem in the chain, and still continues to win Golden Ticket Awards for beat Kids Area evey year, the demographic is different and I could see KI becoming the Flagship CF park in like 10 - 15 yrs, not now but soon for sure. Matt Quimet already expressed that he loved the Kings Parks, Dominion and Island.

• Like 2

@Hoeter I love almost every B&M I have ridden! They aren't all as forceful as I would have liked them to be and that was the reason for my post. Some older B&M's i.e. Raptor, Apollo's Chariot, even Raging Bull are older B&M's that give you a forceful ride, being older I appreciate a coaster being, out of control, that's half the experience lol

• Like 1

I love me some B&M don't get me wrong, but my favorite coasters are Maverick and Millennium Force respectively, proving that height doesn't mean everything when you are judging overall ride experience, my #3 is Diamondback just in case you didn't read my post a couple pages back lol, but after riding Multiple Batman The Ride clones, Raptor, Mantis ,Rougarou, Dominator, Gatekeeper, Iron Wolf, X-Flight, Great Bear, Wild Eagle, and too many to name in Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas'... I have come to feel like Banshee was the first new B&M to actually give me strong positive and negative G forces. And I am not hating on Diamondback for it's negative G forces and floater air on 8 of it's moments of airtime

• Like 2

Personally, if we get another B&M, I hope they raise the bar like they were able to do with Banshee. I don't know if they can improve on what *I* think is perfection (Banshee). I would love to see them try and succeed. At minimum, if it is a B&M, I want it to be unique at least between Cedar Fair parks.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I love B&M coasters but I like to see them go for more length then height. KI could be home to to some of the longest coasters in the world like The Beast and Banshee. Maybe a Giga somewhere down the line that's not taller then the Fury but maybe a longer more intense ride

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used to be on the bandwagon that Gatekeeper was forceless and terrible but after my marathons on it this season, it is my third favorite ride in the park behind Maverick and Millennium Force. Has Banshee lost a little bit of its rattle? It was almost rough opening weekend. They needed to run the soft wheels on it.

I used to be on the bandwagon that Gatekeeper was forceless and terrible but after my marathons on it this season, it is my third favorite ride in the park behind Maverick and Millennium Force. Has Banshee lost a little bit of its rattle? It was almost rough opening weekend. They needed to run the soft wheels on it.

Banshee has the usual B&M Roar along with the associated B&M Rattle from the anti-rollbacks, i.e. Diamondback after its 1st drop, Banshee on the drop out of the dive loop... But Banshee was the example of what I want from a Giga coaster if Project 2017 is from B&M, I hope it is unlike Gatekeeper in its mild intensity, and more like recent B&M's, like Fury325, Wild Eagle, and Thunderbird...

• Like 1