KI 5/21/2016: A Saturday to Remember!

stashua123

Alas! It is my trip report about my completely memorable and awesome day I had at Kings Island, the fun and only, where Thrills Connect with the magic of the movies meeting the thrills of a lifetime! :)

I had a great day. It was completely awesome and I completely enjoyed it thanks to people from this site, thanks for the great time!

EDIT: Sorry guys, my keyboard just posted this by accident.... I will have this up in a couple of hours. I apologize full heartidly for the inconvience!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your patience, again I am so sorry!

-stashua123

Kings Island 5/21/2016 Part 1: 10:20 AM - 3:00 PM

Ecce! Ineberiat Urbe! (Behold! Soak City!) 10:20 AM
I said goodbye to my sweet mother after a relatively uneventful drive over to Kings Island, I thank her again for driving me and say farewell! I walk down the main walkway to the entrance. I had been snapchatting Ohiocolts about where I was at and everything. I entered, but not before hearing "Josh!". I looked around but did not see you guys, so I continued on my way through the entrance. Went through the turnstiles and entered International Street. What a sight, it always makes me happy to see the familar look of the fountains and the Effiel Tower in the distance. I walk down "The Street". I get a snapchat from Ohiocolts telling me I had just missed them and they had just gone over to the parking lot to put their stuff away before going over to Soak City. I hesistate for a second, but then say I am going over their! First, however I go over to Diamondback to try out the test seat, I think I will fit if I have a good strong operator to staple me in, I was pretty close and the seat felt a lot looser than it did on April 29th, but I did not feel like risking it just to be walk of shamed, so I passed up on that oppurtunity. Instead I headed over to Soak City by taking a long stroll through the Picnic Grove walkway. I was the only one walking through their, which felt a bit eerie. I then got all the way over to the entrance to Soak City to find out they were opening at 11:00 AM when I thought it was 10:30 AM or something like that. I decided to wait around, with the time being 10:45 AM. I waited around for about 15 minutes when the clock struck 11 and we were let in, I rushed over to the main gate to try and catch Malem, Aandjgoods and Ohiocolts before they went over. I got their in time, I waited for them and there they were with their swimsuits in 58 degree weather! Said hi to all of them before we went over to Tropical Plunge, since I did not have a swimtsuit, I just watched their stuff and took pictures! I took many pictures of the ride, I would personally never ride the capsule slides, but I would ride tube slides in a heartbeat! All of them had red marks on their back, with the worse of them being Malem, with Aandjgoods having them too but not too severe and Ohiocolts just having a slight red mark. They all looked genuinely thrilled about the ride. I continued taking pictures, then Ohiocolts and Aandjgoods dropped into the pool out of the tube slides and they capsized! Ohiocolts completely flipped over with Aandjgoods doing the same, they came out okay though! I then saw some people by the Capsule Slide splashdown and went over to meet them! I came over and stared at the splashdown, talked a little bit before someone said "Oh! Are you stashua123?" I replied "Yes!", "Oh, I am Electricsun!", was a bit surprised to see you there since I did not have any foreknowledge you were going to be there. We talked for a bit. Then Aandjgoods, visibly shivering, came by with Ohiocolts "I am warmer than ever!" and Malem. They said they were going to go over to Mondo Monsoon. I was originally going to just go over to the lookout and see them from their but then the group decided they wanted to go back to the park, I obliged and went with them instead of going over to Mondo Monsoon. We waited for the train for about 15 minutes, got to know Electricsun and the gals that were with her better. The train finally came after 15 minutes and off we went!
b1dcd55f3616f42e83402adf9f2160b8.jpg
26567de4b7358f388a039fc526aa5ae1.jpg
1504bb5519ebc6bf94dcad79e9d253e8.jpg
9d4757cf88f28b86c768da52308036b5.jpg
f3459b9aeb770964549f8e201f84eb66.jpg
Trains, Rollercoasters and Lunch! 12:00 PM
The train ride itself was pretty relaxing! I took a couple of photos of the P2K2017 site. Nothing had changed too drastically compared to the last time I was there. We got off the train, Electricsun and all of the gals and the one guy that was with them were going to their cars, I told them I had not ridden anything yet so I was on my merry way, which I would meet back up with them later. I walked down the Rivertown Midway, saw The Beast line was a bit long, so I skipped out on it. I decided I was heading over to Vortex. I waited about 25 minutes to ride, with part of my queue line experience being the conversations I mentioned in "Guests Say the Darndest Things!" thread. I then got into line for 5-1, after two cycles, I was on! I put my stuff into my Cargo Shorts, which stayed in the whole time. The Vortex ride was a great one, fairly smooth and little to no headbanging, but still, 7-1's airtime still gets my adrenaline pumping! 8/10. A score that has been very consistent this season, whatever you guys are doing for the ride, keep on doing it! I then walked down the Midway. I saw that Banshee was stuck! But it was only temporarily stuck, so no biggie! Electricsun said she was in line for Chicken Shack, so I headed that way. I finally saw them after looking around and met up with them in line! The line at this point had gone down to the canopy circle. We got inside the line and had a great conversation about everything. I have to say, you are a very interesting person and it was nice hearing your story! We talked to some people behind us who were from Pittsburgh, PA and they told us about Kennywood, the guys favorite ride was Black Widow. They ran out of food..... TWICE..... at Chicken Shack and we had to wait an extra 10 minutes for our food! The service was very poor and it was NOT worth in the slightest $14.98. We all sat down and talked about life. Made them feel old by mentioning what year I was born. Talked about school and everything in between. At around 1:40 PM, I said goodbye to Electricsun, who was going to go around the park and take pictures before going over to The Beast for the tour at 3 PM. I went over to see how Banshees line wa. Entirely too long to be worth it, so I instead went over to The Bat, waited a good 20 minutes before i got to ride! Heard Thoe124 spielling before he got left, so I was not able to say hi, I would see him later however! I waited for the 2-1 and only waited about two cycles before getting in. It was absolutely fantastic! Even though the front row is much better, I still had loads of FUN! 8.5/10.
642ee2d5e28f2df98292fcaa8f9769c4.jpg
11a1d5b4b1fc6e600d907ce8de128d42.jpg
2df78cb17b98da698fc43bf5e69c8219.jpg
159ad72f8625194bd2314c662b54e39e.jpg
594f78aecfc1cdd1d920aa31de92ecb9.jpg
o1a3e8a5e7c385f2a249de960cd1d3809.jpg
Meetin' on Up! 2:08 PM
At this point, Ohiocolts was off his tour of The Beast and was up in the Effiel Tower, I told him I would be right up. However, he did not see my snapchat so I got in line for the Effiel Tower, went up and saw he was still their. Me, feeling a bit mischevious, decided it would be nice to sneak up on him. I went next to him and all of a sudden said "Hey!" he looked around and saw me, he was very surprised, he was not expecting me to be up there yet. We talked for a bit, found out from him they stayed at Soak City until 12:30 and then they left. We decided to head down at about 2:25 PM after being up there and taking pictures. We went over to see Adventure Express's line, but found that to be entirely too long, instead we went over to The Beast to meet up with aandjgoods and malem after their Beast Tour! On the way their, we saw a man in the back of a first aid veichle who was bleeding and or had blood stains all over his legs and his clothes. I hope that man was okay! We stayed there until they came out and they did, we thought The Beast had an entirely too long line. We decided to see how Vortex was doing. It was broken down, but we waited in line, talked amongst ourselves. After about 10 minutes, the ride opened up! We were fairly excited. Aandjgoods and I got 7-1 while Malem and Ohiocolts got Row II. Yet another great ride on Vortex with the added 7-1 airtime! We then headed to another place entirely, but thats a story for the next part.
343680b24a2f9e321dd07d64df53c491.jpg
3e5b70cec6232fe4753f47d7605db89e.jpg
dd99d192a8e07f1c7e04b9845e63679f.jpg
THANKS FOR READING! :)

-stashua123

End of Part 1

• Like 5