Dorney Park: Fast Lane Plus offer for passholders

Dorney Park is offering Dorney Park gold & Cedar Fair platinum passholders (who buy their pass on or before June 6) a free Fast Lane Plus wristband on any one day through June 30, 2016. Those heading eastbound for coasters may want to take advantage of this.

I do want to get to Dorney, SFGAd & Knoebel's this year. This offer makes me want to do so sooner rather than later.

• Like 6

I have heard from some regular visitors to Dorney that visitors to the dry park will rarely, if ever, need a Fast Lane Pass on any day barring a Saturday of a Holiday weekend. However, as their Fast Lane Plus is good on several waterpark attractions, it would definitely be worthwhile for a waterpark fan.

Not having ever been to Dorney, I cannot confirm any of this, just regurgitating what I've heard.

• Like 5

They day we were at Dorney, there were very few people in the park. In the parks defense, it was during the week at the tail end of a category 1 hurricane from what I was told. Nothing like riding Steel Force and being pelted with what felt like millions shards of glass to your face. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yes it is true that the ride side of Dorney rarely has any lines with a few exceptions. Wild Mouse almost always has some kind of wait, even on a slow day it can be 25 minutes because they rarely run more than 4 cars and have a policy of only 2 teenagers or adults per car. Thunder Canyon also can get long lines since it is right next to the water park and loading is slow compared to other rapids rides. The other coasters are almost never more than a 5 to 10 minute wait unless you go on a Friday in May (lots of school trips), summer weekend or a Saturday during Haunt.

The water park can get extremely crowded as seen here (5th picture):

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/07/dorney-park-christmas-in-july-haunt.html

This is a better deal than the offer they had last year where you got regular Fast Lane for a pass renewal and it had to be used by the end of the season. I ended up using it on the last Friday night of the season during Haunt and for most of the rides I didn't even need it because they were walk ons anyway.

• Like 2

Present your eligible pass to a location selling Fast Lane wristbands, according to the park's social media channels. The offer was specifically stated to be both for passholders who purchase during this spring promotion and existing passholders who purchased earlier.

I have no idea whether the passholder's home park (in the pass system and/or as printed on the back of the pass) matters. Platinum is now marketed as a single chain-wide product rather than an individual product at each park.

• Like 3

I called Dorney, and - according to Guest Services - you needed to process there to have this offer on a Cedar Fair platinum pass.

It wouldn't hurt to check at a Fast Lane location when visiting, but I wouldn't expect it to work for a platinum pass purchased elsewhere.

• Like 1