Cedar Fair CEO gets indefinite contract extension

Indefinite?  Without a set term of years binding either CF or Mr. Ouimet, The Board can fire him at any time after his current contract expires without having to pay him for the time remaining on his contract.  He can also leave for greener pastures at any time.   I wonder which side insisted upon the indefinite term.  Since he didn't get a raise despite the performance numbers set forth in the article, I suspect Mr. Ouimet may be working on his resume......

• Like 3

According to the article, the company's stock value tripled under Mr. Ouimet's leadership.   Yet, the indefinite deal continues his current rate of compensation.  In my opinion, that man did exactly what a CEO is supposed to do and, as a result, deserves a raise!   And based upon his performance at CF, there may well be other companies out there that would give him that raise......

• Like 3

Greener pastures? Keeping in mind Mr. Oiumet's background, I don't see how he would leave for greener pastures. He's already been there the way I look at it.

Some people enjoy "fixing" or "making things". So for some greener pastures can always be something that needs to be fixed. They enjoy it.

Other people love to fix something and then continue to shape it for the rest of their career. No idea which one is our current CEO.

According to the article, the company's stock value tripled under Mr. Ouimet's leadership. Yet, the indefinite deal continues his current rate of compensation. In my opinion, that man did exactly what a CEO is supposed to do and, as a result, deserves a raise! And based upon his performance at CF, there may well be other companies out there that would give him that raise......

Maybe they offered and he turned it down? Less they pay him he more they can pay other people to keep them on board rowing in the same direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4