Holiday World and Splashin' Safari 6/8/2016 PTR

stashua123

I had a great time at this wonderful little theme park. I absolutely loved this park, it was a lot better than I was expecting! The park has a great atmosphere, great rides, and a great waterpark. 

Thanks Thoe124, your brother and your dad for including Ohiocolts and I into your plans for Holiday World at the last second, it was nice! It was amazing that jokingly suggesting I should come along snowballed into both Ohiocolts and I coming with you. :D

Thanks Ohiocolts for coming with us and helping with things!  :)

So, without much further ado, here is my trip report from this day!

HOLIDAY WORLD and SPLASHIN' SAFARI 6/8/2016 PART 1 7:00 AM-1:45 PM

Road TRIP!: 7:15 AM EDT

We had all just piled into Theo's minivan after saying goodbye! This was the start of our 3 hour car ride over to Holiday World. The road trip was very nice. We listened to Theos 2014 FunTV playlist. We saw some weird things on the way, took some pictures, stopped at an irrationally exuberant Loves that had a $499 Full Size Garmin for sale! We all forgot about the CDT time change from EDT, so we thought we were going to arrive at like 10:40 but arrived at 9:35 AM instead. This would be a bit problematic later as we would arrive back in Cincinnati at 12:30 AM EDT due to the Time Change.

Pictures of us traveling! (BTW, this is the return of my Fujifilm Finepix after a 2 year hibernation! :) )

DSCF6167_zpsmeqvtzcf.jpg

DSCF6180_zpsu7lg9lzb.jpg

DSCF6177_zps6l1z3ye4.jpg

47d67499-f060-4ac7-818f-ba06fd498e24_zps

b4faf8fa-d843-4c29-84e1-f4de0495a8a7_zps

DSCF6187_zps5isyi4fg.jpg

ARRIVAL: 9:40 AM CDT

After a fairly long drive, we arrived! The park peaked over the little grassy knoll and popped out at you! Sort of similar to how KI's view USED to be, I still have a personal vendetta against whomever the company was that decided to build a GIGANTIC white box right where KI pops out at you!  <_< We went to the intersection of the state route and Christmas Blvd and entered the Legend Lot, free parking is always a plus! :) Almost no one was really their yet so we got 1 row from the Picnic Tables, parked our car, and we were on our merry little way! We got to the entrance, went through a bag check by security and got to the turnstiles. ! With tickets in hand we entered Holiday World! We met back with Theo and his family. We were thinking about doing the raven first so we went to the Halloween entrance for the gate to be put down. At 10:00 AM, the gate was opened! We ran over to the Raven but found it not to be open, instead we went over to The Legend. The Legend is a CCI Coaster that was built in the year 2000, I have heard it has had a reputation for being rough. I got onto the back car, front row, all by myself in front of Theo and Lucas. We then heard the bell ring and we were on our way. The howling noise at the top of the lift hill startled me. We then went down the first drop, which was a great drop into a VERY smooth section of the track, the part that was rebuilt this year, then we went through many turns and got right back into the old section that felt strangely just a bit rougher but way more forceful. Then after a couple of hills and turns, especially that awesome turnaround by the waterpark, we entered "the helix of death". This has to be the most amount of lateral g's I have felt in my lifetime(The Beast has more in the helix but it only lasts for 6 seconds each time around), it was continuous, never-ending lean to the left for 20+ seconds. Then after that we entered into that new double down which I was the only in my group that noticed it. Then there were the four corners of death as Wikipedia calls it lol, but more like the two corners of death as the turn into the station felt strangely forceless but smooth, I agree with some saying that was the only part of the ride I noticed that seemed neutered. However that didn't take away from me the ride itself, one of the best rides I have ever ridden, its smooth, its fun, but its intense. 9.8/10. We found that the Raven was still closed so we decided to head on over to Thanksgiving! While heading on over we saw the Legend had gotten stuck on its lift hill, but it was up and running in a little bit. Some people in the group wanted to ride Thunderbird first, but we all chose the Voyage instead. We got into line, which was slightly onto the staircase. The massive switchbacks of some of these rides, Thunderbird and Voyage were just astronomically long that they would never use them even on the most busy of days. We got in line for row 4. I was in the front row with Lucas, Theos brother was ahead of us in car 3 with his dad. The lapbars were the same as The Legend, and I liked it. The Seat dividers were also laid out much better than KI's and I enjoy how none of the woodies have the stupid headrests that KI has. The seabelts have gotten some getting used to with them not being retractable like Kings Island's, but other than that, the trains have been a far better experience here. We were then dispatched. We went up the lifthill rather quickly. Then that drop came, wow, it felt a lot taller than I had imagined. Airtime hill after airtime hill after airtime hill and then we went into the wild part that was really intense a bunch of turns and small humps that had intense lateral g-s and ejector airtime, then the two 90 degree turns that were just INSANE. The sideways airtime you got from some of those small twisted airtime humps were insane, I was breathless! We reached the MCBR, as expected the brakes did engage, but much less than I was expecting. i had watched a POV of the ride beforehand but the MCBR in that POV stopped the ride completely, that did not happen this time. It did slow us down which was a bummer. The triple down, insane! That is all how I can describe it, then the numerous airtime hills and turns came along, each one had ejector airtime and lateral g's. Then the final 90 degree turn came and we were going into a tunnel! After the 90 degree turn, the ride got a bit rough, rougher than I was expecting, but it was still an enjoyable ride. Then we went through two more turns and got to the brakes. Waited for the other train to dispatch and then we got to the station. WOOOW..... thats all I could describe it as, I knew right then and their I loved this rollercoaster. It may be rough in some portions, especially the ending part, but it was an amazing, relentless, airtime filled rollercoaster and probably my new favorite rollercoaster I could ride(A reride on Diamondback, however far away that may be, will have to suffice to see if this is better)! 11/10! After a GREEEAT Voyage ride, I bought myself an onride photo, btu since Holiday World has a free option after buying it to view and download it online, here it is! After typing in the code wrong so many times, I finally got it! Here it is and two other photos

2w7oock3fjtfclyh4b31yfk2ig39erlv9v2kv6ld

DSCF6198_zpsopyzexlg.jpg

(INSERT ARTSY CAPTION HERE :P )

DSCF6197_zpsicyjf1qn.jpg

THUNDERBIRD, VOYAGE AGAIN, RAVEN! and LUNCH!: 11:30 AM

A great Voyage ride out of the way, I wanted to ride it again, but the group wanted to go over to Thunderbird, so I obliged. After about a 15 minute break, we went over to Thunderbird. The walk back their is very similar to how The Bat's is, it is very far and a bit out of the way, however that doesn't make it not worth it! WE entered the queue line, The line was only about 10 minutes long, I seperated from Lucas and Theo and rode by myself with another dude from Indiana in the big boy seat. Thunderbirds 0-60 launch caught me completely by surprise. It was smooth, gliding, but intense. The Immelman was awesome! Then the hammerheads that had insane footchoppers, the zero-g roll was very weird and a bit forceful, a small little hill and then the helix with an insane foot and headchopper. Then the ride barrel rolled, I felt like my head was actually going to be chopped off! Then the brake run and back into the station. I loved the ride, the rides launch was great, it was forceful but not entirely too much, very smooth with no B&M rattle. I loved it! 9.7/10 I then exited but saw Theo wanted to ride again so we went to the front right. Had a very particularly weird conversation with an Indiana man in line. I was a bit afraid I wasnt going to fit but the Ride Op got my seatbelt in, another weird thing I noticed, its not like Banshee where you have to have your sensor green and the seatbelt in, you just have your seatbelt, something Kings Island should do IMO, the front row was much better than the 3rd row, I liked it! Much more open and a bit forceful. 9.75/10. After this ride, Theos dad said he was going to take a break and we would meet back up with him at around. After this ride we all decided we would go back down to Voyage, but first we were going to hit up the Gobblers Getaway. We entered into the trains and were on our merry way. The ride was similar to Boo Blasters, better themed the turkey noise on the guns was a bit annoying but this ride was kept up much better than Kings Islands Boo Blasters, 8.4/10. After the dark ride we got into line for the Voyage, it had broken down and the train was stuck on the brake run, we waited and waited. Lucas and Theo wanted to try out the front seat. I waited in the back for a ride, the ride opened back up after they worked out some of the kinks of the braking system... since Theo and Lucas were waiting for the front I got two rides in the back...... absolutely... INSANE. I just didnt know what happened, it was rough, it was airtime filled, it was all a blur, I just came back to the station with a weird expression, it was INSANE. 12/10. I rerode it once more, but learning a valuable lesson to not ride it in the back and on the left side. WOOW...... I was just speechless, it was amazing! After reriding The Voyage, we left to go meet up with Theos dad, but we saw that The Raven was open. We all decided to ride it real quick. I got the front row of the Raven with Lucas with no wait at all. Got strapped right in and we were outta there, I liked the Raven, its hills had some airtime, especially Hill 5 and the lateral were nice, but something just felt missing with my first ride, I dont know what exactly that was but I guess I was a bit dissappointed. 9/10. After our Raven ride we met up with Theos dad, which we were going to go to Splashin' Safari after we got something quick to eat, Theo did not want to go to the waterpark so he seperated from our group and went into the  nobody was really hungry but I got some Dippin; Dots, which I witnessed an employee who didnt really know what she was doing and a fairly misunderstanding supervisor talk about things, btu I got my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dippin' Dots after waiting about 10 minutes. We left the main gate to go out to the car. We eat some stuff and talked amongst each other for a little bit. We then got out and one by one we changed in the car into our swimsuits with the rest of us looking at Holiday World and wondering our plan next. After all of us had changed into our swimsuits, we left for Splashin' Safari, but that will have to wait until next time(This part of the trip report literally took me about 8 hours to write!!!).

DSCF6200_zpsc91m9fif.jpg

DSCF6202_zpsabaw3hos.jpg

DSCF6204_zpsjn8hxa6g.jpg

DSCF6205_zpsex5x3wun.jpg

DSCF6207_zpskq6x8s9b.jpg

DSCF6213_zpsk70ka9bg.jpg

DSCF6215_zpsvbqjhxo5.jpg

DSCF6211_zpsjugnj3ju.jpg

DSCF6218_zpso37u3mbm.jpg

DSCF6221_zps0dzwpfkz.jpg

DSCF6224_zpsjyb7brvt.jpg

DSCF6225_zpsglljbfmi.jpg

DSCF6226_zpsack36drk.jpg

DSCF6227_zpsbbvgxp8h.jpg

THANKS FOR READING EVERYBODY!

Comments are very much appreciate, they encourage me to write even more! :)

Have a great day! And don't forget to love rollercoasters!

Splashin' Safari and the rest of my FANTASTIC day are what is going to be in the next part.

-stashua123

END OF PART 1

• Like 12

Very detailed & entertaining report, as usual. Glad you had lots of fun!

DSCF6215_zpsvbqjhxo5.jpg

Looks like someone forgot that Holiday World has free sunscreen throughout the park!

Lol. :P

Thanks! I try my best. :)

Hasn't the Kings Island Theatre always been at Kings Island?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

There was the inflatable theater until they replaced that with the actual theater.

• Like 2

Sorry for just getting around to this, but awesome trip report! Glad you enjoyed Holiday World!

DSCF6215_zpsvbqjhxo5.jpg

Looks like someone forgot that Holiday World has free sunscreen throughout the park!

I wouldn't even call that a sunburn... Maybe just a very light pinkish shade. And that probably was caused by spending the majority of the last month at Kings Island, I used the free sunscreen plenty of times!

That's a good pic of him

I thought every pic of me was amazing?

• Like 2

I hope you all enjoy this final part of my trip to Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.

Comments are very much appreciated! :)

-stashua123 B)

Holiday World and Splashin' Safari 6/8/2016 Part 2: 1:45 PM-8:40 PM

A Splashin' Safari: 1:45 PM CDT

So, we had just finished changing, all of us were now ready to conquer Splashin' Safari! We went through the tunnel and got to the turnstiles, we had entered with our invisible ink letting us in. We continued down through the Halloween section of the park, we then entered Splashin' Safari. We noticed the sign that said "Items MAY be stolen". We all commented that sign was pretty much encouraging people to steal. Got some Pepsi Oasis, put on some of that free sunscreen and since Theos dad was not going to start swimming right away, we gave our stuff to him and we took a brief dip into the Wave Pool, it was a bit cold and left Lucas shivering but it got me used to the temperature of the water, theos brother was completely fine with the water. While Lucas was shivering we decided to go over to either Mammoth or Wildebeest, whichever was faster. We saw that Mammoth was nearer to to our location so we decided to get in line for that. It was only about 4 switchbacks long, so about 25 minutes. We talked amongst ourselves, Lucas eventually stopped shivering, we saw the ride was a fairly long ride. Suprisingly, the thing was a capacity monster, something that Soak City at KI DESPERATELY needs. After 25 minutes we got on the scale to make sure everyone was under the 1080 pound limit and we then got into the boat/mat/whatever you call it. We then were dispatched! The way they put you into the boat thing is very weird and you have to keep your hands on the handles at all times. Then we finally got through the lift hill. Then the misters cam on and we were spinning thorugh noweher, the first drop was suprising and so was the airtime you got on that waterpropelled hill and then we went through some turns in the dark, then I was backwards somehow and we went down the really steep drop backwards , after that steep drop, it was all a blur, the water had gotten into my eyes so I could barely see anything, I know we went through a bunch of elements and the last turn was a bit intense. The ride was over and we were all soaked. I LOVED IT though. Other waterparks need more rides like this. 10/10. Currently my favorite water ride. :) After getting off the ride, Lucas was absolutely shivering! I dont think I have ever seen a human being shiver and chatter that much. Walking was our solution to Lucas being cold which with a chattering and shivering voice was complaining about "The concrete is warm but im sooo cold! WHHHY" but we continued over to Wildebeest. We get into line and see that the ride is stuck, but since we know it will probably be up soon we wait. Lucas FINALLY stopped shivering but was still slightly chattering. Theos brother got into the single ride line. The line kept on moving at a fairly good pace due to people wanting to go somewhere else, but from our experiences with other rides, just wait and sit it out. After about 25 minutes they finally got the ride back up. The ride was very similar to how Deluge at KK and other watercoasters are. 4 people per boat. After 10 minutes of it being up we got on, I was in the back with Lucas in front of me. The rides lifthill stopped for about 15 seconds scaring us all that the ride had gotten stuck again, but it started up again. The ride was more like a rollercoaster than Mammoth was and it was great especially some of the tunnels. the ending was a bit intense too, I loved this ride also, its unique, long, soaking and how a waterpark ride should be. 9.9/10. Lucas came off shiverin'.... yet again but he was warm after about 10 minutes. After this great and awesome ride, we decided to ride one more slide before meeting back up with Theos dad. We got onto the Bowl sldie thats name is very very confusing and not memorable.... which is why I dont remember it! :D The wait was just down the staircase. We saw a great view of Holiday World from the staircase and platform, saw the Voyage and Thunderbird in action. Heard people hilariously screaming in the slide. Then it was our turn, I flopped into the mat thing and made a big splash, got myself adjusted and I was backwards! I went backwards down the fairly big drop, and then we were in the bowl. We went around three times before getting sucked into the bowl. We then got out of the mat. MEt up with Theos dad were we had 30 more minutes before going back to the park. Theos brother and Lucas wanted to do the Jungle Mat Racers so I decided to take a lap around the lazy river. :) It was nice n relaxing... I could probably spend a whole day in Splashin' Safari and that saying something. After a 20 minute lap I saw that Lucas and Theos brother had finished so I went over to them. We met back up with Theos dad and we went over to the lockers, he had put our stuff in the lockers. Got my MDA bag out and went to the changing rooms. Changed and went back out, I wish we could have spent just a bit more time in the waterpark, but it is what it is. We exited Splashin' Safari and went back to the car so that Lucas and theos brother could change. I put my swimming trunks and on ride photos in the car. And that ends our waterpark adventure.

A fantastic waterpark and one I really want to go to again. 10/10

(NO WATERPARK PICTURES UNFORTUNATELY :( )

But heres a Picture of The Legends sign and Lucas to cheer Y'all up! :)

DSCF6234_zpsyyqwkgrb.jpg

DSCF6233_zpsur8qeg4n.jpg

Fading In and Out of Holiday World: 4:30 PM CDT

So after changing and getting our stuff in order, we left the Sienna and went back into the park, again. Theo had told us he would meet back up with us after riding the Antique Cars. So we waited for him but we saw he didnt come so we went over to the Antique Cars and saw him on it but we were like really far from the exit so we had to loop all the way over to the Santa stature. We finally met back up with him. We all ate dinner at the Kris Kringle Cafe, which is really really nice! :) I really liked their pizza which for the price and free drinks included really felt worth it. We all ate dinner and then we left. They decided to ride the Liberty Shot while I sat out and called my parents about the possibility of me sleeping over at Theos instead of them coming to get me at 12:30 AM, they agreed so we were good. After the Liberty Shot we went over to the Freedom Flyers and I tried to snap but was not successful event though I got some good flight! It was a pretty good flyers. 8/10. After this, Lucas wanted to try out the Howler which I probably wouldnt have fit on so we went over to The Legend instead. They were only running one train which I found to be a bit unsettling, since earlier they had run two trains, but whatever. Lucas caught up with us so we all rode The Legend together. I rode in the very back row, which I fit surprisingly well in and I had yet another great ride on The Legend, I love that rollercoaster and its my 2nd favorite at Holiday World. 9.85/10. After a great Legend ride with its legendary laterals, we headed over to The Raven, this time I rode in the back seat with Lucas, this time around, I liked the ride ALOT better, the laterals were great, there was actually some decent airtime and it felt more intense, 9.6/10. After a great Raven ride we separated from both Theo, who was going to ride Thunderbird instead of The Voyage as he had ridden The Voyage enough for the day and Theos dad, who was going to the car for a nap and we would meet back up with each at around 8:00 PM. Lucas, Theos brother and I headed down to The Voyage, there were barely any lines at all, and this was the start of the park becoming absolutely DEAD. I think people were either confused by the time change since it took my iPhone a date&time reset for it to say it was CDT, the time change so they would have to plan accordingly and Splashin' Safari closing. I rode the Voyage in the back row. It was as intense as it usually was, I enjoyed thoroughly and have been becoming even more fond of the rollercoaster. I loved it! The laterals are insane and relentless, though not as overcoming as The Legend, the airtime is awesome and it is just intense and takes such a long time with its ride time, its no wonder its my favorite new ride at Holiday World. :) 12/10. After yet another great ride on the Voyage we went over to Thunderbird, which was were Theo was at, he had been sitting down and getting photos and videos of Thunderbird. I sat by him for a couple of minutes and took some pictures and videos of my own. Then we both decided to ride the ride and we got row 5 on the left side. I loved the ride as per usual, even if it is my 3rd favorite at HW. It is a great addition to HW's lineup. 9.78/10. After Thunderbird I said goodbye to Theo for now and left with Lucas and Theos brother to the Plymouth Rock Cade, got some free Pepsi while I was their and we sat down and watched Lucas eat some pie. After that delicious pie we decided to ride The Voyage again. This time Is showed Theos brother the back seat and as per usual it was great...! 12/10 and then to my surprise the park was really dead, no rows other than the front had a wait, so I decided to go around again and rode in the front with Theos brother, it was great, a bit smoother, airtime filled and I liked it, I just wish it didnt have a wait! 13/10 I then exited but along the way lost both Theos brother and Lucas! I was a bit distraught for like 5 seconds, which I later learned they ran back up to marathon on the Voyage. Instead I went over to ride The Legend in the back once again. I waited about 3 trains but it was worth it, the ride was just as insane as always and the laterals were crazy! 9.9/10. I then went over to The Raven which was running one train also and waited one train for the back row. I loved it even more! The sun was settting on this trip and it was starting to dawn on me. It was intense and I felt like I liked it even more this time around! 9.65/10. After this I went and made this ABSOLUTELY mad dash over to The Legend, but I didnt make it in time, they had just closed the line, so I then ran over The Raven sprinting almost, and that was closed too.... the announcement then came over the loudspeaker that Holiday World was now closed... awww shoot! I didnt get my last rides in on the rides I wanted to. :( It was great regardless. That mad dash had almost passed me out so I straggled over to the bench where Theos dad was sitting, and sat down and waited for the others. Finally after about 10 minutes Lucas and Theos brother appeared. I found out they were marathoning the Voyage and had ridden it 8 times in a row. We then waited about 20 more minutes until Theo FINALLY appeared. He told us something amazing. the park was so dead he had ridden Thunderbird 27 TIMES IN A ROW IN THE FRONT...... we were all flabbergasted, how!? But questions aside we were all thankful to see him. We took our picture at the Santa Claus statue and left the park at 8:40 PM CDT.... what a great day!

DSCF6241_zpsoujoxjxr.jpg

DSCF6242_zpszajp0bjl.jpg

DSCF6243_zpsixfsc8oo.jpg

DSCF6249_zpsi1mjnabo.jpg

DSCF6250_zpsntxplxre.jpg

DSCF6251_zpszb1afxmq.jpg

DSCF6254_zpsmfqtheeu.jpg

DSCF6255_zpspv3iiqcs.jpg

DSCF6266_zpsyphwjzfr.jpg

DSCF6267_zpspidsomup.jpg

DSCF6272_zpshg5lcrfy.jpg

DSCF6276_zpsevfkw6ii.jpg

DSCF6265_zpsy2yzn6wl.jpg

DSCF6261_zpsat3ljpbo.jpg

DSCF6260_zpsdpal4uqt.jpg

DSCF6239_zpsnzxhvzjh.jpg

c0nr7xkjxgni7s17wpkngmsjxabh1j5z8q9pbcva

AND THATS ALL FOLKS! :)

Thank you to Ohiocolts, Theo, his dad and his brother for making a great trip! It was legendary, unexpected and I had a great time, I hope we do something like this is in the future.

Holiday World was a great park.... I loved it, in some ways it is much better than KI. I recommend anyone visit this place.

10/10

Order of events and ride count:

HW 6/8/2016

The Legend: 3

The Raven: 3

The Voyage: 5

Thunderbird: 3

Freedom Flyers: 1

Mammoth: 1

Wildebeest: 1

Bowl slide: 1

Lazy River: 1

The Gobbler Dark Ride: 1

Order of events FYI

The Legend at 10:05 in the back car.

Voyage in Row 4

Thunderbird in Row 3 left

Thunderbird in Row 1 right

The Gobbler Dark Ride

The Voyage again in the Back Row x2

The Raven! 1 in front seat

Break to change into swimsuits.

Mammoth: 1

Wildebeest: 1

Bowl slide 1

Lazy River: 1

Back to car to change

Kris Kringle Cafe!

Liberty Launch skipped out

Freedom Flyers

The Legend absolute back.

The Raven back

The Voyage back row

Thunderbird back row left side

The Voyage back row

The Voyage in front row

The legend in the back car

Raven in back car

Attempt to ride Raven or legend that failed.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

END OF PART 2

-stashua123 B)

• Like 3

How do you come up with those decimal ratings? I can't just get off a ride and think, wow, that was an 8.9, so do you have a formula?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

How I felt the ride was, how great I felt afterwords and how it is compared to other rides ranked. :)

Great PTR. Thanks for sharing!

You are most certainly welcome!