ORLANDO: 50 Dead, 53 Wounded

...... this is just horrible....

50 dead????

If this is terrorism, makes it the deadliest since 9/11.

Praying for everybody involved.  :(

I wish we could do something about those horrible people that did this.  :angry:

• Like 8

And this is what genuinely frightens me about being alone at large gatherings or in Clubs/bars that Celebrate or cater to my Community, or any Community/Group for that matter that goes against the grain of what is considered "normal" or "Righteous" or "proper.  My Heart dropped like a rock when I saw this trending this morning.  Why.... why is it so hard to allow free Humans to engage in the Lives they wish to Live?   :(  :angry:

• Like 13

So he was abusive. Now he's dead. His pure lack of worth is now cemented in his everlasting death.

Now on to the important, valuable human beings left behind in the wake its (sic) reprehensible terrorism. Has anyone seen any legit donation sites? Would love to contribute.

• Like 4

He apparently called 911 during the incident, identified himself with his full name, and pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Meanwhile, another suspect was just apprehended before the start of L.A. Pride, with a cache of weapons capable of being made a car bomb.

Source: CBS Radio News.

And, DC Pride is today. The Mayor says the event will go on, with greatly increased police presence.

• Like 4

From what I've read, which is sketchy at best, the Orlando attack seems to have been lone wolf despite pledging allegiance/inspired by ISIS.

His parents said he became angry after seeing two males kissing in Miami 2 weeks ago... As a person, how do you reconcile this. It's not a crime of passion where a person seeks to exact revenge over an instance that happened to them personally. But, act in a murderous rage against people you have no connection to. I can't reconcile this in my head.

• Like 8

They have been plotting, scheming and planning since 9/11, probably even more so since the Crusades. None of this is random, and if the media says it is a random act, I would consider them accessories to these crimes. I'll stop right here since I don't want to be banned from this site or any other site for the expletives I might spew about the creep that did this to these folks. The only thing I can say is be prepared.... The crap is starting to peak now and is happening just about everywhere.

• Like 5

My initial response to news like this is disgust and hate, I think that goes for most of us. However, I don't want to contribute to the escalation of hate, either within my heart, or to the world at large.

So instead, I want to share my love for all people who may have become fearful because this happened: for gays and lesbians (and anywhere else on the spectrum), peaceful Muslims, the children of immigrants, who may feel they are targets from one side or another after something like this occurs. For every person who dislikes you for one thing about you, there are hundreds who love and care for you, for who you are. We're out there, we care.

For some reason, we have become accustomed to freely expressing hate while being reserved about love. Don't let the loud voice of hate drown the gentle whisper of love coming from so many more individuals. Don't be afraid to express your own love, either.

• Like 18

My initial response to news like this is disgust and hate, I think that goes for most of us. However, I don't want to contribute to the escalation of hate, either within my heart, or to the world at large.

So instead, I want to share my love for all people who may have become fearful because this happened: for gays and lesbians (and anywhere else on the spectrum), peaceful Muslims, the children of immigrants, who may feel they are targets from one side or another after something like this occurs. For every person who dislikes you for one thing about you, there are hundreds who love and care for you, for who you are. We're out there, we care.

For some reason, we have become accustomed to freely expressing hate while being reserved about love. Don't let the loud voice of hate drown the gentle whisper of love coming from so many more individuals. Don't be afraid to express your own love, either.

That was beautiful. Thank you for saying it.

• Like 9

As a member of the LGBTQ community, I just am lost. 

I posted this on my Facebook page this evening. 

I've been struggling to wrap my head around the events of the past couple of days in Orlando other than sharing my support.

Nothing is more gut wrenching than seeing a terror attack has happened in an area where you have friends. I have about 15 friends/acquaintances in the Orlando area. When I saw the news today, my heart and stomach dropped. I got a notification here on Facebook that was letting me know that I have friends that were marked "Safe" in Orlando. I looked closer and at least one of my friends was unaccounted for. He isn't a massive Facebook user so I was not sure he was even in the Orlando area. But still my heart aches while I waited to hear whether or not he was safe. He did reply to my message asking if he was okay...so I'm thankful for that. Unfortunately some may not ever get a response from their loved ones and friends.

I am so incredibly heartbroken over this. 50 innocent lives have been tragically taken and many have been hurt. I personally don't care of the reason, I just know that we lost 50 people. 50 people lost and numerous folks were injured. Those folks are/were a part of the LGBTQ and the Ally community. Those folks didn't deserve to be hurt or to lose their lives because of who they love(d).

It's disheartening to see posts/perspectives of those who are using religious/political views to justify the attack. It breaks my heart to see folks stating that these people deserved to die and be heart because of who they are. I do not care who you are, if you think their deaths and injuries are justified you can unfriend me right now or I will if I see it. As someone who loves and tries to see the light in all people, I cannot justify keeping someone as a friend who has a dark heart for those who aren't like them, those who don't believe the same things and those who identify differently than they do.

Join with me tonight and anytime in sending thoughts/good karma/prayers for those victims of this senseless tragedy, for the LGBTQ Community, for the family/friends of Christina Grimmie, America and this World.
‪#‎StandWithOrlando‬

• Like 10

Well said!

I read about this after attending my friends' same sex wedding. It was a great time. I come home to read this. To go from a place where love and laughter and music and joy was playing to read about this... I still don't have the words to put together that this just doesn't make sense.

Isis or homophobia or both or whatever.... It just doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I get so dumb and numb when things like this happen.

Fifty people gone to assuage one man's fragile ego.

I'm gonna have to take a few days before I process any articles on it.

In my mind, I get stuck on the people for whom the fifty people are gone.

• Like 2