ORLANDO: 50 Dead, 53 Wounded

Despite being investigated by the FBI twice before Sunday's tragedy, Mateen bought an an AR-15-style assault rifle, a Sig Sauer RMCX, on June 4 – just one week before the attack, the source says. He also had a Glock model 17 9mm and a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolver.

More victims at the wrong end of a gun.

How many more have to perish before changes are made to help these senseless incidents from happening?

Prayers to the victims & families.......

• Like 1

Witnesses are now reporting that the killer had visited the club numerous times before, and local radio station KISS 107 even says he had a gay dating profile...

http://kiss107.iheart.com/onair/kristie-56301/orlando-shooter-a-regular-at-pulse-14810002/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/13/pulse-patrons-mateen-drank-club-before/85852008/

This is getting stranger and stranger :wacko:

• Like 4

What an annoying headline for that article. I really don't want to start an argument but seriously...the people at Chick-fil-A are all kind people who love and accept every kind of person. Just because of one comment the head of the company said years ago, it is "surprising" that they'd help out with the senseless killing of fifty innocent people - the worst mass shooting in American history? C'mon now. Really? That just makes me mad.

Sorry. I know this is not about that, it is about this horrific attack on humanity - but I just had to say something.

• Like 15

Thought I would add that I visited the park (Kings Island) today and guests entering the park were being throughly searched and metal detected. I entered Soak City at around 5:00pm, left and entered the main park around 8:30pm and they were still searching people as I left the park (9:30ish).

Looks like this might be a permanent thing at least for the next coming weeks. Maybe even the season. (Hopefully forever)

EDIT: Thought I would add that both the Soak City and Main Entrance had the Kings Island police conducting the searches. (Black Shirts)

• Like 5

Despite being investigated by the FBI twice before Sunday's tragedy, Mateen bought an an AR-15-style assault rifle, a Sig Sauer RMCX, on June 4 – just one week before the attack, the source says. He also had a Glock model 17 9mm and a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolver.

How many more have to perish before changes are made to help these senseless incidents from happening?

These incidents are terrible enough on their own without having to read stupidity like this. 49 innocent people lost their lives due to some raving lunatic. All of those people were in a gun free zone in Orlando. The law already on the books against having a gun (not to mention the law against murder) in that location sure worked well, didn't it?

Since you brought it up, what exactly is your solution?

• Like 2

I'm going to stay out of the gun conversation, but I would like to have a discussion on the effectiveness of park metal detectors and bag searches. 

Is it really a deterrent? In my opinion it is more of a "keep the public's minds at ease" kind of tactic. I waited in a huge mass of people for forty minutes to get past Universal's security checkpoint and into the parks. A shooter would have way more casualties shooting into this concentrated mass of people that are ironically waiting for a practice that is supposed to make them safer. Also, guess what repeatedly gets through security checkpoints without even as much as a search? Strollers. I've witnessed so many huge strollers zoom on by security it is unbelievable, especially when those would probably be the most likely way to sneak in a gun to the park. 

I don't know though. I admittedly don't have any of the answers, but I do think living in fear is exactly what these dbags want and for the most part we're satisfying them. 

• Like 3

I believe in the Brussels or the Paris attack last year the gun check did keep the thing from exploding the device inside the stadium.

I don't have answers either. I could see how a person outside the park could cause damage at the security check, but I would think the damage would/could be more in the park? The parks big enough that a person could theoretically hit an entire section before being apprehended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These incidents are terrible enough on their own without having to read stupidity like this. 49 innocent people lost their lives due to some raving lunatic. All of those people were in a gun free zone in Orlando. The law already on the books against having a gun (not to mention the law against murder) in that location sure worked well, didn't it?

Since you brought it up, what exactly is your solution?

So, being "stupid" and all...... inform me, what is considered a "raving lunatic"?

Was he not the same "raving lunatic" when approved for the gun purchase?  Was he not the same "raving lunatic" when he was scouting potential targets?  Was he not the same "RAVING LUNATIC" when the FBI looked into his back round?

But some how, this "RAVING LUNATIC" was able to legally purchase a weapon that took the lives of 49 people.

Or is he now a "RAVING LUNATIC" because now he took 49 innocent lives?

Go ahead, call me stupid for feeling that our gun regulations are way too relaxed.  Call me stupid for feeling that gun loopholes that allow weapon purchase at gun shows are non-existent.  Go ahead and call me stupid for believing that weapons like the one used were never intended for protection under the 2nd Amendment by our founding fathers.

You want to own a gun?  Great.  Go through protocols similar to owning a car: registration, insurance, yearly gun & yearly mental inspections.  And what needs to be added- a stipulation that only the licensed owner can use and access the weapon.

• Like 2

Sorry about your luck, Browntiggr, but the Constitution does not have an amendment that specifically says your right to keep and bear an automobile shall not be infringed. It also gives the federal government zero authority to regulate arms. I challenge you to show me where it does.

The FBI investigated this guy not once, but TWICE, then he passed his background check to buy the gun, and had security clearance to be a guard. You tell me when exactly he became a raving lunatic. It is a crying shame that no one in that club had a weapon. It is also a crying shame that (if this is true, I have not heard for sure) the club had it's fire exits locked. Step back and wipe the kool-aid from your glasses. Your gun control nonsense does not work.

• Like 2

Sorry about your luck, Browntiggr, but the Constitution does not have an amendment that specifically says your right to keep and bear an automobile shall not be infringed. It also gives the federal government zero authority to regulate arms. I challenge you to show me where it does.

The FBI investigated this guy not once, but TWICE, then he passed his background check to buy the gun, and had security clearance to be a guard. You tell me when exactly he became a raving lunatic. It is a crying shame that no one in that club had a weapon. It is also a crying shame that (if this is true, I have not heard for sure) the club had it's fire exits locked. Step back and wipe the kool-aid from your glasses. Your gun control nonsense does not work.

Because current gun control is working??  Tell that to the families of the 49 victims.

Yeah, one of us is looking through rose-colored glasses-  Funny how gun advocates try to throw the amendments around, but ignore why the 15th & 19th Amendments needed to be added.

Rules, laws, Amendments need to change as society evolves.  Believing they cannot be changed is sticking your head in the sand ignoring the real issues.

• Like 2

You seem to know so much about gun control and what does and does not work, yet you avoided answering my question. What, in your view, would work?

As for changing the constitution, it can be done. You just can't have one lone person decide he knows best and rule through executive fiat. You can't have a court that rules by what their particular party wants instead of by rule of law. Otherwise, we have nothing.

• Like 2

You seem to know so much about gun control and what does and does not work, yet you avoided answering my question. What, in your view, would work?

As for changing the constitution, it can be done. You just can't have one lone person decide he knows best and rule through executive fiat. You can't have a court that rules by what their particular party wants instead of by rule of law. Otherwise, we have nothing.

As mentioned earlier:

You want to own a gun?  Great.  Go through protocols similar to owning a car: registration, insurance, yearly gun & yearly mental inspections.  And what needs to be added- a stipulation that only the licensed owner can use and access the weapon.
  • Like 1