Kings Island Food Options

Coaster Addict

This season, my surprise favorite has become LaRosa's antipasto salad and breadsticks. What's odd about it is that I've gotten it at least a half-dozen times, and every time it has been different.

Generally, there is lettuce, some meats, and sliced provolone cheese. However, sometimes there are three different meats (pepperoni, salami, and I think capicola) other times only two, sometimes a lot of it, sometimes very little. Occasionally there is shredded cheese in addition to the slices. Cherry tomatoes, peppers, and olives have made their own appearances at different times, together or separately. The toppings at times have been artfully arranged, others somewhat thrown together. The salads at each of the three locations always differ from each other, but are not consistent in their design at the same location between visits.

The salads clearly are being made by different hands, with only the roughest of blueprints, if any at all.

I guess I have come to like the surprise of it! And the breadsticks are heavenly. I've avoided LaRosa's with my dining plan most of the time in the past because I dislike the pizza at the park. But I love this salad.

Last time I went, they had LaRosa's house creamy garlic dressing available for the first time since I've been getting the salads. It is ok with the Kraft light Italian dressing, but the creamy garlic kicks it to a whole new level!

• Like 3

This season, my surprise favorite has become LaRosa's antipasto salad and breadsticks. What's odd about it is that I've gotten it at least a half-dozen times, and every time it has been different.

Generally, there is lettuce, some meats, and sliced provolone cheese. However, sometimes there are three different meats (pepperoni, salami, and I think capicola) other times only two, sometimes a lot of it, sometimes very little. Occasionally there is shredded cheese in addition to the slices. Cherry tomatoes, peppers, and olives have made their own appearances at different times, together or separately. The toppings at times have been artfully arranged, others somewhat thrown together. The salads at each of the three locations always differ from each other, but are not consistent in their design at the same location between visits.

The salads clearly are being made by different hands, with only the roughest of blueprints, if any at all.

I guess I have come to like the surprise of it! And the breadsticks are heavenly. I've avoided LaRosa's with my dining plan most of the time in the past because I dislike the pizza at the park. But I love this salad.

Last time I went, they had LaRosa's house creamy garlic dressing available for the first time since I've been getting the salads. It is ok with the Kraft light Italian dressing, but the creamy garlic kicks it to a whole new level!

The fact that it's a little different every time just means it's made fresh. I love the bread sticks, I will definitely have to try it very soon.
  • Like 2

If it were before around 2014, then I'd say I'd usually do LaRosa's, but I also mix it up and go to all the venues at some point.

Now, it'll be somewhere on Kings Island Drive unless the food department gets better.  I'm not as ambitious as Terp to make it out to Putz's though. :P

• Like 5

If it were before around 2014, then I'd say I'd usually do LaRosa's, but I also mix it up and go to all the venues at some point.

Now, it'll be somewhere on Kings Island Drive unless the food department gets better. I'm not as ambitious as Terp to make it out to Putz's though. :P

I would be lying if I didn't say I haven't hit Wendy's either before or after a trip to the park, just to save money.

• Like 2