Annual Pride Event

LoraX

Pride has been scheduled for September 9. I have heard this event is one of the best events to go to at Kings Island. Anyone is welcome to attend the event, but you must purchase tickets. Hoping I can attend this year to show love and support to my friends who are part of the GLBTQ community.

a4d0eeae758d01ed6bbfa54162fc6ed8.jpg

From their website http://www.cincyglbt.com/pride-night

Don't miss it: the Midwest’s largest amusement park entertainment event September 09, 2016 benefiting a local community group – the GLBTQ Center of Greater Cincinnati. You can buy your tickets online (link available at a later date), at select ticket locations, or at the gate.

Entertainment for Pride Night to date:

Nicole Diamond

Tyese Rainz

Amaya Sexton

Alana Reign

Alexander Cameron

Lady Bunny

and more!

Folks from over 30 states attend this event! The GLBTQ Center thanks the generosity of Kings Island. It is a great value and a chance to benefit Greater Cincinnati’s only GLBTQ Center serving a diverse community. The proceeds cover much of the annual operating expense of this 21-year-old community organization (founded September 17, 1993). This marks the 19th year Kings Island has hosted the event.

Tickets not only include free parking ($12 value) but have only moderately increased over the past few years. Prices for 2016 are: Individual tickets online & purchased in advance are available for 34.50 until July 10th, 38.50 after July 10th, and $42.50 at gate; or groups of 7 or more $36.50 (online only)! A portion of the ticket sales, depending on attendance is donated to the local Greater Cincinnati Gay & Lesbian Community Center each year. The Center is a non-profit organization as recognized as by the IRS 501©3.

While the event began as a private fundraiser, more and more allies are asking “do I have to be gay to attend?!?!” The simple answer – if you support equality – you're welcome! Imagine NOT having to wait in line for your favorite ride? For those who like to purchase online, and want to use “will call” or have “a personal printer” go here to purchase tickets. Kings Island waived the fee for electronic purchases on their e-store this year! (Yes, that's an additional savings of $5). Other tickets outlets are updated on the pride night webpage as available.

When you visit our Pride night page be sure to thank our sponsors! We appreciate their support! Kings Island opens the parking lot the day of the event at 5:00 pm, with the gates opening at 5:30 pm. The rides will begin operation at 6:00 pm. The event concludes at midnight. Please remember – while this is a child friendly event – it is geared toward adults. Because the event is always scheduled by Kings Island after Labor Day, the water park and children’s rides are closed.

A question the GLBTQ Center gets a lot: Can I use my season’s pass or a discount coupon from a local store? No, sorry this is a fundraiser for the Center – no season passes or special discount coupons are honored. T-shirts with this year’s pride night logo (to be announced) will be available for sale at the main entrance to the park. Most years, different area taverns and organizations have sponsored Pride Night weekend events, replacing the “after glow party” at Kings Island. Special hotel packages are available check our website for more information.

The GLBT Center assumes no liability or responsibility for the operation of the Kings Island e-store for ticketing, issues must be resolved directly with Kings Island. All sales are final once a general park admission ticket transaction has been completed. General admission tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. This includes weather-related events. We do not issue rain checks. Please check local weather conditions prior to planning your visit.

• Like 12

I must not have seen tbe first post. Guessing that is a good thing.

Unless it's the one not going to be there? Which is fine. She doesn't have to go. It's probably more fun without children or people who do not want to go.

However, please be respectful on this thread especially in the light of the massacre in Orlando. People are hurting and a little love, kindness or just not responding will go further.

• Like 15

Hoping I can make it up there again this year. Hoping even more that if I make it I'll actually get to meet more of you all finally. I've had a blast every year I've been and one year a bit too much of a blast. I can't recommend the event enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The poster against us has a right to an opinion of course. Heck regrettably I'll admit when I was of that age I said some horrible things to the community. I wasn't aware of that part of me back then and in hindsight I guess I was fighting myself more than anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & beliefs. Crucially, at least here, all are expected to respect those of other members. Negative comments about this event aren't respectful in this thread - regardless of your own beliefs. If you don't like this topic, you don't need to respond to it.

This is a private event held when the park is closed to the public. Nothing is being shoved in anyone's face.

• Like 10

Just one last post about this whole thing. How old do you people think I am? and no I'm not 10. My sister was right though. I mean I'll keep posting on KICentral, but websites like this is where almost every adult on here are bullies. just saying. anyways. Last post about this I make.

By the age you put when you signed up, I think you are 15. I would love for you to throw your Christlike nature in people's faces, but believe me, that is the exact opposite of what you have done here so far.

People disagreeing with you, especially when you make negative comments about something they are doing to celebrate, is not bullying. Complaining that putting on a private event is somehow shoving /anything/ in your face is a whole lot closer to bullying than anything anyone has said in response.

That said, welcome to KIC! Hope you come to be a constructive addition to the community.

• Like 10

lol didn't make a negative comment. I even put lol before I put " I know where I'm not going September 9th''. I didn't mean it personal. and that's very offensive you saying to me to throw Christlike nature stuff. That's what is insulting. Anyways. I'm done. I'll just go to the actual meaning of this whole site in the other forums.

plus I also just meant as like a joke because it will probably be extra crowded that day.

Edited by Elizabeth19

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and every opinion is open to criticism the moment it is voiced. As it turns out, I think your opinion is misguided and, quite frankly, harmful. The park goes out of its way to not "throw gay people" in your face by making it private. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have responded to her but given recent events people like this irritate me to no end. I am glad everyone is able to hold whatever religious beliefs they see fit but the moment someone's beliefs tread on someone else's lifestyle (given that said lifestyle is victimless) I have a big problem. /end rant.

• Like 7

I'm just glad only 1 out of the majority of the people posting on here are negative, which was expected because everyone in America is entitled to their own opinion. But having my own opinion I do support the LGBT community. I am sad that I won't be able to make it put to this event. Maybe next year.

• Like 5

Well and plus I'm only going to Kings Island one more time in August this year. So It's not like I could've went if I wanted too. I'm very sorry to anyone if I seemed to come out wrong. I felt terrible about what happened in Orlando the minute I heard. No one's life should ever be taken like these guys.

• Like 6

If you have a problem with the GLBT community why not just ignore the thread and move onto every single other thread that is not about the subject. You backtracked because you put yourself in a bad light start. Move onto something else if you don't like what is being discussed. 

• Like 7

lol actually my grandpa's wife's daughter used to be lesbian. I mean I don't support it obviously but if that's how you want to live your life, then that's what you want to do. Don't let others  crush your dreams, hopes, or what you want to be.

When you identify as LGBQT+ you're doing just that, Identifying, meaning that it really is not a choice for many. There are people who are proud of who they are and want to live in said way. But there are also other people who are terrified of their feelings. They try to shake how they feel by many conventions but none are usually successful. So people who Do not want to be LGBQT+, but are, have no choice in how they live their life in that aspect. I am not trying to attack you but I am trying to add a fresh perspective. Do not blame religion because I am Christian myself, and all through out my days in Sunday school I was always taught to love my neighbor as myself. So if you are to learn a lesson from this, its not to change your entire opinion about Homosexuality, rather to teach you to be more cognizant of what you say before you say it on the internet. 

• Like 9

We went last year and  had a blast.  Everyone was so nice and respectful of each other.  I witnessed no line jumping, no smoking outside of the smoking areas, and my son was treated like everyone else.  (He is mainly non-verbal with autism and Lennox Gaustaut Syndrome).  I also do not recall hearing basketballs everywhere.  Everyone was there to have fun.

• Like 7