Annual Pride Event

LoraX

I have always heard what a wonderful event/time this is at the park, but, have never been able to attend due to work. Thankfully, my current job allows us to ask time off in advance of schedules coming out. Hopefully things work out and we can be in attendance this year.

• Like 4

I'm really so glad that this thread has had an overwhelming response considering the only one insinuating negativity was not intentional. It warms my heart knowing people can work through their differences, and just spread happiness. I know this sounds weird or emotional but as you could tell by my profile I want to help spread kindness throughout the world (which I, too, can have a hard time always doing. I'm in no way better than anyone else on this site/or planet earth). If we could get the rest of the world to view each other as equals no matter the difference I think the world would go through much less tragedies like the many we experienced the week or so. I'm still devastated over Christina Grimmie/Orlando Shooting/Child at Disney World's death.

• Like 7

I've been to several of the Pride Nights. The only one I didn't enjoy was a couple of years ago because it was so darn hot. I rode Banshee once, got in line for Diamondback and it broke down so I went home...the heat put me in a bad mood. I'll wait for the weather forecast this year before purchasing tickets.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Cincinnati Pride Parade and Festival this year at Sawyer Point, and as a Platinum Season Pass Holder, it was very pleasant to see uniformed staff from Kings Island at the GLBTQ Center of Greater Cincinnati booth helping promote the event.  As Christian and a member of the GLBTQ Community, it is fantastic that Cedar Fair permits such diverse events as SpiritSong and Pride Night to both occur at Kings Island.  I will certainly be at Pride Night!  Cannot wait for another fun night!!!

• Like 4

I don't know why they'd get rid of it so soon. It's still a very relevant thing to observe given recent events so close to home.

Also, there's no need to report someone's post about not wanting to go to this event. I recommend to just ignore and move on. (late but, I felt it needed to be said that she's allowed to show her disapproval; it wasn't filled with hate, vulgar speech, or threats etc.)

• Like 1

The question can also be posed... why was Coastin For Kids discontinued?

More to this than meets the eye, and my thoughts are the decision is/was not in the hands of the two organizations.

Edited to state... if this is indeed the final KI Pride Night, I will be saddened, and quite disappointed, for a myriad of reasons.

• Like 1

I really can't give out too much information for I don't have a full deck of cards to work with. It was just mentioned that the attendance for the night needs to increase, for portion of the ticket sales goes to the GLBT center of Cincinnati and the other portion to KI.

I can assure you though, the center wants to keep this event continuing.

• Like 3

More to this than meets the eye, and my thoughts are the decision is/was not in the hands of the two organizations.

Edited to state... if this is indeed the final KI Pride Night, I will be saddened, and quite disappointed, for a myriad of reasons.

Was Coasting for Kids discontinued because of the no re-ride policy?

I stated in another thread (thread has since been removed but not because of what I posted), but the no re-ride policy negatively impacted a Bert the Conqueror taping on 10/31/15 and it appears as if the final episode may be tonight and if so the footage taped at KI never aired, which I didn't expect to be after what transpired that October morning.  Free publicity and marketing opportunity wasted.

Which all just means it's more important to go this year than ever. Tell your friends and bring as many as you can. Donate to the center, etc. Seems most pride events have seen an increase this year due to the hateful events in Florida so hopefully it continues the trend in September. I'll gladly wait in longer lines to keep this event going on.

• Like 3

Was Coasting for Kids discontinued because of the no re-ride policy?

I stated in another thread (thread has since been removed but not because of what I posted), but the no re-ride policy negatively impacted a Bert the Conqueror taping on 10/31/15 and it appears as if the final episode may be tonight and if so the footage taped at KI never aired, which I didn't expect to be after what transpired that October morning.  Free publicity and marketing opportunity wasted.

I believe it was cancelled this year due to Cedar Fair as a whole trying to work with local charities (for each park) more. 

Coaster Campout - Boys and Girls Club of Cincinnati (I think)

CP Valravn Auction- LBJ Foundation...etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Annual PFLAG Canada sponsored Gay Day hosted at Canada's Wonderland. This will be the last year after an employee told two men in line to "stop hugging" because this is a "family park." The park's GM didn't get back to PFLAG about sensitivity training, so they decided they'd take their business elsewhere in the future.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/07/14/gay-day-at-canadas-wonderland-cancelled-after-no-hugging-incident.html

http://attitude.co.uk/gay-day-in-canadas-wonderland-cancelled-after-gay-couple-told-to-stop-hugging/

• Like 3

Too bad they can't get Madonna on the ticket. haha She is probably the greatest gay/lesbian community icon and the park would be packed. Trust me, I went to one of her shows in Chicago. Anyhoo, this event is a great idea and I hope it is a complete success. Kudos KI!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like a dumb question but I'm really considering going for the first time with my mom to the event as I've never gone and I'm actually part of this community. However, I'm only 15 (almost 16) so do you think it would still be fun for us?

Its Kings Island.  It will only not be fun if you make it that way

• Like 5