Annual Pride Event

LoraX

This sounds like a dumb question but I'm really considering going for the first time with my mom to the event as I've never gone and I'm actually part of this community. However, I'm only 15 (almost 16) so do you think it would still be fun for us?

Its Kings Island. It will only not be fun if you make it that way

The info on the event from the beginning of the thread states that it is a child friendly event but is geared toward adults. I've been to a few pride nights and they are a ton of fun, but since it is a private event I have seen a few things from guests that were slightly adult in nature.
  • Like 1

Bottom line, if you are 15/16 you will be just fine, there is nothing at all you will see at Pride Night that you don't see anywhere else in public in today's America, usually much LESS to be honest.  Its a night where the crowds are light, ride lines are 10-20 minutes, and the guests in the park are there to have a great time and enjoy each others' company and the atmosphere.  A lot of the daily B.S. that one has to begrudgingly contend with on a regular park trip, is non-existent during Pride Night.  We enjoy the freedom of being able to relax and Live as we SHOULD be able to Live daily, without having to look over our shoulders every 5 seconds or listen to the bigotry and other hateful garbage spewed in our direction by general Society.  The people are happy and Friendly, the park employees Love working that night (every one I have spoken to have told me this), and its just a lively, FUN, and relaxed atmosphere.

• Like 6

Grr,  very sadly unless I can convince friends to make the trek with me or find someone to split a room with I may not be enjoying the festivities this year.  I hope some finances fall in place before then though,  because I really don't want to miss this event.   It's been a great time every year I've managed to make it up there.

• 5 weeks later...

It's not so much a controversial topic. It's a private day when people of the LGBT community can celebrate their pride away from the scrutiny of misinformed folk. (Was that nice enough?)

You must buy a ticket for this event. Season passers arent welcomed without a specific ticket, ergo you have to KNOW it's an LGBQ event. Open to all that are willing.

• Like 5

It's not so much a controversial topic. It's a private day when people of the LGBT community can celebrate their pride away from the scrutiny of misinformed folk. (Was that nice enough?)

You must buy a ticket for this event. Season passers arent welcomed without a specific ticket, ergo you have to KNOW it's an LGBQ event. Open to all that are willing.

Okay good. I guess that's okay as long as it's private. I would just think that many people who don't support it might hear about the event. And they might not want to support the park by going in the future. It would be pretty sad to see KI lose money.

(And I'm just speculating, I have no idea if KI would lose a lot of money or not. So if I'm wrong please don't attack me XD)

Okay good. I guess that's okay as long as it's private. I would just think that many people who don't support it might hear about the event. And they might not want to support the park by going in the future. It would be pretty sad to see KI lose money.

(And I'm just speculating, I have no idea if KI would lose a lot of money or not. So if I'm wrong please don't attack me XD)

I think it'd be pretty sad to boycott a park because they allow ONE evening for the LGTBQ community to have a private, non-free, event that affects no one else haha

I don't imagine KI would be sad to see such people never return.

And they shouldn't, if people like that act in such a way.

• Like 3

I hate to say it but some people would definitely boycott the park for this. Luckily, this number seems to decrease every year. I would definitely go if my pass got me in, but I can't justify buying a ticket when I can get in any other day with my pass. I've never been since not part of the lgbt community but it sounds fun.

• Like 2

I hate to say it but some people would definitely boycott the park for this. Luckily, this number seems to decrease every year. I would definitely go if my pass got me in, but I can't justify buying a ticket when I can get in any other day with my pass. I've never been since not part of the lgbt community but it sounds fun.

I dont blame you. I wouldn't buy an extra ticket in addition to a pass unless I had another reason to go. Especially when it's not my parade. Pun not intended. Hope everyone has fun that will be there tonight! You'll likely see me.. and not know it!
  • Like 4

They've done this event for well over 10 years and it's never been an issue.
  • Like 5

A couple of observations here tonight: music is being played by DJs which the employees are really grooving on, however people are just smoking wherever they feel like it it seems like. I smoked and it kind of bothers me that they're doing it, but I have yet to see any park people stop it

I think the employees were just happy not to have the same 15 songs on all day.
  • Like 5