LoraX

Annual Pride Event

51 minutes ago, Hmrapp said:

I'm glad that Kings Island is hosting this great event. I can't make it but, it should be an amazing event. Kudos to Kings Island!

Kings Island (or any park for that matter) will host just about any event where the organization provides "minimums" and $$$.

Key words: just about any...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Nobody has posted about the fences?? Wow. lol

The ones encircling coney attitudes laser maze squirt game and potato works?

It's too big to get a picture of

Is pride night a separate event? Or can you get in with season passes?

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Is pride night a separate event? Or can you get in with season passes?

It it a separate event.  Bear in mind, Planet Snoopy has been closed for this in the past.  I also believe that the meal plan does not work during this event.

• Thanks 1

It is an event where you must purchase a ticket - your season pass does not work, as this is a fundraiser.  Looks like a new group is hosting this year.  Yes, Planet Snoopy is generally closed during the event.  In the past, meal plans and drink plans have worked, not sure about this year.  I will be there loud, proud, and most likely with some form of glitter on me somewhere.  A meet up would be fun! 

• Like 2

Tonight's the night! Who is going this year? Last year was a blast. Hopefully the rain holds off until tomorrow!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Here now. Almost no crowds. It's going to be an awesome night

I see that on the cams. Looks like the day to go

1 hour ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Here now. Almost no crowds. It's going to be an awesome night

Is it Raining?

It’s like being a kid in a candy store! Rides rides everywhere and not a line to be seen! Was sprinkling a little while ago so the festhouse is the place to be! Come on down and support the community! 

• Like 1

Is this a family-friendly event? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Every year I think about taking our family. We're very traditional, but have no beef with different lifestyles. I've always worried we would be crashing someone else's party, that's all.

Yes very family friendly. The language at the drag show can be pretty risqué, but outside of that it’s a celebration of being human! No judgement here!

• Like 2

I think next year we'll go. It's a big drive for us on a Friday, but...every year this comes up, and I wish we were there, having fun. Sounds like it is more than worth the price of admission. :-)

• Like 2

It is a lot of fun. Remember it’s a separate ticket event, but every ride is like a Fastlane. ^_^ so you get your monies worth and support the community at the same time!

• Like 3

I think I saw one and wondered if it was mostly a large group riding together or not. Had multiple times where my husband and i, or our son and his gf were the only ones in a train. The night was a blast and weather held out great for it. Was our first Pride Night and would definitely go to another.

• Like 3