Which Ride Will Leave Next

Tien Shinhan

8 hours ago, KatieF said:

I've never ridden it. It's a ride I consistently skip, and I'm not sure why. I can't even tell you where the queue line is.

I've ridden maybe 3 times in my entire life. The only benefit I can see is using it as a cool down on hot days. But you don't even need to ride it for that. You just have to stand on the bridge. Even then, White Water Canyon is way more fun to get wet on. 

• Like 1

As Terpy liked to say: Line length is not an indicator of popularity.
To add my own two cents: Why? Assuming that each train or cycle is mostly full, there is functionally no difference in total ridership regardless of whether the ride typically has a 5-minute wait or a 45-minute wait, because the number of trains/cycles dispatched per hour is not affected by the line length. The same number of people are riding it either way; the only difference is that many people think one ride isn't worth losing more than 5 minutes in line, while many people think the other ride is worth losing 45 minutes of their day.
But that too, is not an indicator of whether the ride should be removed, else all small rides would be removed and replaced with shiny new record-breaking roller coasters. Each ride fills a need in the park. The Bat, in combination with The Racer, serves as the "next step" for a 48" child after conquering Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster. Congo Falls also helps fill a hole: it and White Water Canyon are the only two rides with a 46" requirement, so it gives those who have conquered everything in Planet Snoopy (where the biggest height requirement is 44") something new to do while waiting to hit that magical height of 48".
Essentially, some people here are trying to make it as simple as "this has short lines and thus isn't popular, so let's get rid of it", but that is wrong on multiple levels. There are many things to take into consideration here.

Hey guys it's been awhile since I have been on here, but reading through old posts I gave noticed Terpy's absence. I hope he is okay?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I've ridden maybe 3 times in my entire life. The only benefit I can see is using it as a cool down on hot days. But you don't even need to ride it for that. You just have to stand on the bridge. Even then, White Water Canyon is way more fun to get wet on. 

And honestly depending on weight of the boat and where you sit you can actually stay reasonably dry from the splash down itself. Most fo the time I tend to get more wet from the water cannons at the end than I do from the actual splash down most of the time.

And agree if wanting to cool down WWC is a lot mroe fun. The drop itself is fun on Amazon Falls but the rest of teh ridde is a bit dull.

• Like 1

I don't know if the building itself needs specifically needs removed, but I do think it needs a major overhaul/update. I have felt like Urgent Scare has been hanging on by a very thin thread. It's a great building for a haunt, but I would love to see it used by guests more than a few weekends out of the year.  

I do feel like they cut it completely off from the rest of the park when they placed WindSeeker where it is and creating a bottle neck in that area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, patchouli_moon said:

Hey guys it's been awhile since I have been on here, but reading through old posts I gave noticed Terpy's absence. I hope he is okay?

I had been wondering this myself. I hope he's okay. I had just come back after a long hiatus, mostly due to an exhausting experience in a ERT thread last year.

• Like 1

Y'all.....this is not the place for us to discuss Terpy's "disappearance." 

Those who know him have mentioned that he is fine in various other threads...can we please stay on the tread subject? 

I'm the one who brought it up. I was just concerned as I always enjoyed reading his posts. I see no problem in hoping he is okay. I didn't happen to see any other mentionings of him as I don't read every single thread.

Don't worry chugh43, it won't be brought up from me again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, patchouli_moon said:

I'm the one who brought it up. I was just concerned as I always enjoyed reading his posts. I see no problem in hoping he is okay. I didn't happen to see any other mentionings of him as I don't read every single thread.

I agree. People first. Thread topics second. Especially on a topic like this, which I'm sure has appeared many-a-times on this forum in various forms. ;) 

Back on topic, kinda, I would love to see The Crypt building either disappear or used for a dark ride. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WWC2003Amy said:

I've noticed Terpys absence as well. One building that I think should be replaced is the old action theater. Even as urgent scare it is a walk on most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree that the Action Theatre needs to go or be replaced. I know Haunt uses the building but I think the majority of the season-- it sitting empty is a waste of space. 

• Like 1

Yeah, though I'd rather the TR building be figured out before Action Theater. AT is relatively out of sight, sans Racer and WindSeeker.. but TR building is an obvious structure. Maybe Mack could figure out a mine train type of wild mouse that took more vertical space floorspace.. Maybe the first vertical lift for a wild mouse.. How's CF's relationship with the people who made Cannibal? If they can make a tighter coaster, but have weird elements to represent the makeshift nature of a mine, that'd be very cool.. but those supports would have to be TIGHT! I was going to say Gerstlauer but.. I wouldn't want their OTSR. Zierer has already shown they can do their coasters with lapbars... who actually could also be a good candidate.. Maybe S&S once they figure out Galeforce..

• Like 1

It could use a paint job and maybe they could bring back the backwards car. But the ride's not going anywhere. I bet we'd lose The Bat/Flight Deck before we'd lose The Racer.

True if The Racer were to leave it would be a Thunder Road to walk down....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I wouldn't like to see Xtreme Skyflyer leave but relocated to somewhere else in the park. I think that would open up a nice plot of land in AZ for a new thrilling flat. Maybe it could be relocated to Oktoberfest and go out over the pond like the on at Kennywood does. Also not that Cedar Point just did this and renamed theirs. They gave it a nod to a past attraction which I think would be awesome.

• Like 3

Although, I know I said I don't think any coasters are going to be leaving... but I WISH Firehawk wasn't there. I've never had any interest to ride it, the people I know that have ridden have told me they didn't just love it, and for me-- I think it's missing a wow factor the other coasters do have. In my opinion, I just never felt like it fit in well with KI.

• Like 1

^^ I agree with you. I think KI got the short end of the stick when the rides were relocated from Geauga Lake, other than Geauga Lake it's self. I wish KI would have got Dominator & Americana "ferris wheel" instead those rides went to KD and KI got Firehawk.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well would you have rather gotten the Vekoma SLC?

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well would you have rather gotten the Vekoma SLC?

Absolutely not!!! How come you didn't quote my whole post instead of only doing half? "It says I wish we would have gotten Dominator & Americana". I wish the rides that went to KD came here and Firehawk was at KD. Don't you think Kings Island would have benifited more from Dominator & Americana instead of Firehawk? I think we would have.

• Like 1

You said you thought KI got the short end of the stick, others seem to think Michigan's Adventure did. Although Dominator is a better ride than Firehawk we did get the more unique ride. When I went to Geauga Lake X-Flight (Firehawk's previous name) was the coaster I was most excited for because its such a rare type. 

• Like 1

Michigan's Adventure def got the short end of the stick. They always have. When I say KI got the short end of the stick I mean KI got the worse deal outta of KD & KI. KI did get the more unique coaster, but KD got the people eating B&M floor less. I know other parks in the chain could have used these attractions. It probably would have benefited more from receiving them over KI and KD. I really only meant for the question to be why KD got the better attractions??

• Like 1

They were probably already planning Diamondback at KI so it may have made more sense to bolster KD. On top of this Banshee might have been on the table as well (around 5 years out) giving less need for another looping coaster. And with Cedar Fair giving far more investment to KI they may have wanted to give KD something with a bit more legs. I think most would agree that Firehawk + Diamondback + Banshee is the better deal than Dominator. Given KI's current lineup I'm happier we have Firehawk. That's my take on it at least.

• Like 1