Which Ride Will Leave Next

Tien Shinhan

These are rides that need to go and be replaced
Congo Falls
Vortex (replace with B&M floorless)
Stuntcoaster (its hideous, low capacity, and did I mention its ugly in the middle of the park?)
Invertigo
Boo Blasters (it was done soooooooo cheaply, even when it was Scooby Doo.  Enchanted Voyage and Phantom Theatre were excellent dark rides)
The skycoaster and the vertical launch upcharge (for same reason as Stuntcoaster, they are hideous!)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nicescoot said:

I've heard things about the parts through the rumor mill so it may not actually be true. The people who told me said its because of how few flying dutchmans are even left. I agree that it is still popular though. I enjoy riding it when I decide to wait for it. They would have to draw the line eventually though if the upkeep gets to be too much even if it is still somewhat popular. Part of how its rarely a walk on though is because it doesn't really pump out capacity like the other coasters in the park

There were only 3 flying dutchmans ever made, and they're all still operating... 

- Firehawk, Nighthawk at Carowinds, and Batwing at Six Flags America (however Batwing does happen to down at the moment due to waiting for replacement parts)

-------------------------

The second thing I put in boldface is true though. While I do believe Firehawk is still popular enough to justify its existence, its important to remember that lines don't necessarily indicate ridership (See Banshee)...

----------------------

20 hours ago, super7 said:

These are rides that need to go and be replaced
Congo Falls
Vortex (replace with B&M floorless)
Stuntcoaster (its hideous, low capacity, and did I mention its ugly in the middle of the park?)
Invertigo
Boo Blasters (it was done soooooooo cheaply, even when it was Scooby Doo.  Enchanted Voyage and Phantom Theatre were excellent dark rides)
The skycoaster and the vertical launch upcharge (for same reason as Stuntcoaster, they are hideous!)

-As much as I dislike Invertigo, as far I know there's nothing wrong with it from a maintenance perspective, and it takes up very little space that could be used for something (its practically hanging right over the picnic area, in the most remote location of Action Zone

- No matter hideous you might think the upcharge attractions, those bring in a good chunk of money, and as long as they continue to do so, those things aren't going anywhere...

22 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I can’t comment on the parts issue as I have no idea If Vekoma supplies parts or not.  However Firehawk is still a popular ride and rarely a walk on unlike several other coasters in the park.  

I do not know the number of riders Firehawk gets but just because there is a long line doesn't mean its a popular ride.  The capacity on that ride is horrible.

• Like 1

My opinion on Firehawk?  If the line is less than 30 minutes I’ll ride it, anymore than that and there’s a high chance someone will get stuck in the “Flight position” and it’ll go down for another 30 minutes or so. At least that’s what it seems like.

2 hours ago, super7 said:

I forgot Firehawk.  Not a fan of that either.   I would choose that to before Invertigo.  Invertigo is at least visually pleasing as you enter the gate even though the actual ride is nothing special.

I had heard a rumor that Cedar Fair was getting rid of those boomerang style coasters at one point. I'm not sure that there's an ounce of weight to that claim however, because the internet was invented, by Al Gore, to be a collection of misinformation. 

• Like 1