Jump to content

Countdown to Opening Day for the 2021 Season: May 15th 11:00 AM!

Kings Island is now open for 2021.

Which Ride Will Leave Next


Recommended Posts

I don't think The Bat will go because it's a fairly family friendly coaster. I'm a giant chicken when it comes to the big coasters, so I appreciate smaller ones like The Bat. The queue line to it though is absolutely ridiculous.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Terpy liked to say: Line length is not an indicator of popularity. To add my own two cents: Why? Assuming that each train or cycle is mostly full, there is functionally no difference in total

I wouldn't mind seeing Congo Falls go. I think Kings Island could find a much better attraction for that area.

Vortex was still in the top 5 rides ridden in 2015. Just because it's older doesn't mean it needs removed. It's still a good ride, to each there own. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I don't think The Bat will go because it's a fairly family friendly coaster. I'm a giant chicken when it comes to the big coasters, so I appreciate smaller ones like The Bat. The queue line to it though is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah it's defiantly a great coaster to ride for an easier, less intense ride and great for families. It's also pretty smooth. But your right, the queue line is way too long. The Bat is something I hope sticks around at Kings Island.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as rides leaving... I could see Congo Falls.  Kind of a simple/boring/pointless ride.  Would have been good if Banshee could have taken some of that road 'frontage.'  

The Bat could be refreshed 'big league' for the cost of new -floorless- trains.  Not sure what all is involved in that but it would provide an awesome new experience for a 24 year old coaster.  

And yet... I see an end in site for Boo Blasters.   They tend to not like keeping the theming operable anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

As Terpy liked to say: Line length is not an indicator of popularity.

To add my own two cents: Why? Assuming that each train or cycle is mostly full, there is functionally no difference in total ridership regardless of whether the ride typically has a 5-minute wait or a 45-minute wait, because the number of trains/cycles dispatched per hour is not affected by the line length. The same number of people are riding it either way; the only difference is that many people think one ride isn't worth losing more than 5 minutes in line, while many people think the other ride is worth losing 45 minutes of their day.

But that too, is not an indicator of whether the ride should be removed, else all small rides would be removed and replaced with shiny new record-breaking roller coasters. Each ride fills a need in the park. The Bat, in combination with The Racer, serves as the "next step" for a 48" child after conquering Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster. Congo Falls also helps fill a hole: it and White Water Canyon are the only two rides with a 46" requirement, so it gives those who have conquered everything in Planet Snoopy (where the biggest height requirement is 44") something new to do while waiting to hit that magical height of 48".

Essentially, some people here are trying to make it as simple as "this has short lines and thus isn't popular, so let's get rid of it", but that is wrong on multiple levels. There are many things to take into consideration here.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said jcgoble3, you also have to remember that when Top Gun was installed in 1993, the lines length was do to heavy theming pre-ride and also do to it being "FighterTownUSA" or something like that and made it feel like a unique area of the park being the only coaster back in the area. It was like that and very secluded until Son of Beast was built in 2000. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

I have always found it funny that many will complain about the walk back to TG/ FD/ Bat but fail to acknowledge everything requires extensive walking at any amusement park.

Right?! I actually kinda like the little long walk it takes to get to The Bat. It almost feels like your not in the park anymore.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elizabeth19 said:

Right?! I actually kinda like the little long walk it takes to get to The Bat. It almost feels like your not in the park anymore.

I love how secluded the area is! You get some great photos of Banshee back there, also some nice views of Banshee from riding The Bat.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, Browntggrr said:

I have always found it funny that many will complain about the walk back to TG/ FD/ Bat but fail to acknowledge everything requires extensive walking at any amusement park.

Also, Thunderbird would like to say hi.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the walk. Its the distance you must go with only one destination. A sentiment Thunderbird doesnt fully fit into with the food, drinks, restrooms, and one flat back there with it.
Im used to the walk to The Bat but I do understand why some think the walk back isnt preferable. Thunderbird's walk is also really weird despite having other things and makes me hope they relocate hyena falls, utilize the old pilgrims plunge, and one day add more flats along that path

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 5:54 PM, KatieF said:

I don't think The Bat will go because it's a fairly family friendly coaster. I'm a giant chicken when it comes to the big coasters, so I appreciate smaller ones like The Bat. The queue line to it though is absolutely ridiculous.

 

On 3/9/2017 at 6:44 PM, MaestroJr said:

Yeah it's defiantly a great coaster to ride for an easier, less intense ride and great for families. It's also pretty smooth. But your right, the queue line is way too long. The Bat is something I hope sticks around at Kings Island.

Think they would / could every put something else back that way? or even a few things? I like the walk, its a nice break while in the parks but maybe if there were other thing/s back that way it would attract more people to that area. Just a thought :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea Thunderbird has a long walk but as stated above it has its own little pavilion, whereas The Bat is all by itself. Plus the Thunderbird plaza looks amazing with lots of detailed scenery and The Bat is very bare bones with just a flat metal station and the track. (Though the new orange track and dark grey supports look great.)

As far as putting stuff back by The Bat bit sure how feasible that is as that whole area is essentially in the side of a hill. They would have to construct platforms to put anything else along there so don't see much else getting placed in that area in the meantime.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea that's what I meant by the plaza. They've got a whoe little section there and not jsut a solitary ride. The big stand out to me is the theming and scenery. It looks fantastic and much more natural and immersive. The rest of the park looks pretty nice but found the theming a bit underwhelming as the different holidays are represented mostly through color than decor. Would be really cool if the Halloween area had gothic architecture and stone bulding/castle looks instead of the basic building with purple and orange paint. The rest of the park feels about the same.

However, Thunderbird's area has the full barn queue/station and all the little props and farm fields, etc. around it and log cabin/rustic looking building that's fit the theme and seem natural.

Also agree with calakapepe that if they moved Hyena Falls and utilized it's spot and the old Pilgrims Plunge area that would open up a lare section for them to add additional attracions to, either a few flats or another major attraction/coaster or such. Just hope they keep the detail that they gave Thunderbird for any future expansions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue I have with The Bat's queue line isn't just the distance, it's the feeling that that area isn't upkept. While I appreciate the stars leftover from Top Gun on the bridge, it feels old and needs an update. Plus the random M&M machine always makes me wonder if it's kept stocked and fresh. And if I remember correctly-- I was there in July and saw leftover Haunt stuff sitting out at the front of the line. I just think it feels outdated. Note: I'm griping about things that were there in 2015 when I was last there. If it's been updated since then, I apologize.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 10:37 AM, KatieF said:

The issue I have with The Bat's queue line isn't just the distance, it's the feeling that that area isn't upkept. While I appreciate the stars leftover from Top Gun on the bridge, it feels old and needs an update. Plus the random M&M machine always makes me wonder if it's kept stocked and fresh. And if I remember correctly-- I was there in July and saw leftover Haunt stuff sitting out at the front of the line. I just think it feels outdated. Note: I'm griping about things that were there in 2015 when I was last there. If it's been updated since then, I apologize.

No that's the thing is that pretty much since 2013 when the model planes were removed from Flight Deck, nothing has changed or been updated. Even the "runway" concrete platform when you come back from The Bat to the station still says "41" (I think it's that number) as in reference to an aircraft carrier. I don't think the Halloween stuff is there anymore but the M&M machine still is and I have no idea if they are fresh! When Top Gun was new, the ride was like being in the movie with its massive theming. Although I doubt that The Bat will get any new theming, it's still a fun coaster for me but it is not as great as it once was. MaestroJr

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been leaning towards Backlot's departure recently.  I think it's capacity will start to drag more and more on the park as it can attain more capacity with added rides.  I think eventually they'll start to wane on keeping up on the special effects, at least if we use Boo Blasters as a current example.  That's a ride that can't afford to lose any sort of charm it has on the public.  There's so much you could put in that spot as well, like a flat package with a wild mouse coaster on top.  I think Backlot holds that area back. I can see it being a very vibrant part of the park given some TLC, especially with how centered that area is on the park map.  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MaestroJr said:

No that's the thing is that pretty much since 2013 when the model planes were removed from Flight Deck, nothing has changed or been updated. Even the "runway" concrete platform when you come back from The Bat to the station still says "41" (I think it's that number) as in reference to an aircraft carrier. I don't think the Halloween stuff is there anymore but the M&M machine still is and I have no idea if they are fresh! When Top Gun was new, the ride was like being in the movie with its massive theming. Although I doubt that The Bat will get any new theming, it's still a fun coaster for me but it is not as great as it once was. MaestroJr

I think if they just cleaned it up some-- that it would make it feel like a completely new coaster. Either strip it of theming or fix it, you know? The old snippets of themes just makes it feel unkept-- which sometimes makes me wonder if the coaster is being updated as much as it should. Not saying that they're NOT being checked-- but the old, forgotten atmosphere can give off that impression.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KatieF said:

I think if they just cleaned it up some-- that it would make it feel like a completely new coaster. Either strip it of theming or fix it, you know? The old snippets of themes just makes it feel unkept-- which sometimes makes me wonder if the coaster is being updated as much as it should. Not saying that they're NOT being checked-- but the old, forgotten atmosphere can give off that impression.

Yeah your right, it's got a lot of different little details from the past and that makes it hard to tell if it is being checked up on and updated and I just hope that when The Bat needs a new paint job eventually, that they'll keep it looking fresh and keep it painted orange to prevent from the old white and silver/red from coming back. The Bat reminds me of Scoobys Haunted Castle, which I and so many others really enjoyed do to its theming of Scooby. Now almost 8 years after its removal Boo Blasters is looking very empty compared to Scooby, same as The Bat, although again The Bat is one of my favorites, but it just feels like a mix of Paramount, old Kings Island and a little new thrown in,which makes it very odd. MaestroJr

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a ride, but I'm hoping that Dinosaurs Alive goes soon. I was never super impressed with it and I don't think I was as big of a hit as it was expected to be. If it goes that is a nice spot of lab that could be used again for something better. 

Also, it's kind of already gone, but I'd like to see something go into the old TR:TR building, finger crossed wiht the same amount of themeing as TR:TR use too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^I feel like DA is a sort of "how long can we justify leaving this here after we get our initial investment back" type situation. Feels dragged-out. I would love to see this area utilized for an X-Base expansion (maintenance area behind Racer notwithstanding).

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, johnaalexis said:

Not a ride, but I'm hoping that Dinosaurs Alive goes soon. I was never super impressed with it and I don't think I was as big of a hit as it was expected to be. If it goes that is a nice spot of lab that could be used again for something better. 

Also, it's kind of already gone, but I'd like to see something go into the old TR:TR building, finger crossed wiht the same amount of themeing as TR:TR use too.

I think DA was a terrible idea. Generally I don't go to a theme park for a dinosaur exhibit unless it's in a ride format. Walk through exhibits like that are often seen as independent attractions or maybe something in a zoo or museum. 

Also totally agree with the TR building. I have a pet peeve for the amount of space used/saved for Haunt. I'm sure it's a great money maker, but for the majority of a season-- it's sitting empty. 

I think a lot of my complaints about the park are about theming, and when it's not updated-- I hope to see rides disappear. I don't know a lot about Cedar Fair, but I feel like the park has lost some of the magic since they took over. Do they ever acknowledge guests concerns and explain the changes or lack there of? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can definitely see Congo Falls going away in the not too distant future. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 0:24 PM, Joshua said:

I can definitely see Congo Falls going away in the not too distant future. 

I've never ridden it. It's a ride I consistently skip, and I'm not sure why. I can't even tell you where the queue line is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KatieF said:

I've never ridden it. It's a ride I consistently skip, and I'm not sure why. I can't even tell you where the queue line is.

I skip it too, I rode it once or twice several years ago and wasn't really impressed except getting extremely wet! I see it leaving along with Boo Blasters and Congo Falls could offer some pretty nice space for future rides as well. If you've ridden Race for Your Life Charlie Brown, it's basically like that but with just one big hill. MaestroJr

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 11:07 PM, silver2005 said:

I've been leaning towards Backlot's departure recently.  I think it's capacity will start to drag more and more on the park as it can attain more capacity with added rides.  I think eventually they'll start to wane on keeping up on the special effects, at least if we use Boo Blasters as a current example.  That's a ride that can't afford to lose any sort of charm it has on the public.  There's so much you could put in that spot as well, like a flat package with a wild mouse coaster on top.  I think Backlot holds that area back. I can see it being a very vibrant part of the park given some TLC, especially with how centered that area is on the park map.  

If they got rid of Backlot and brought back the antique car ride I wouldn't be complaining. I've missed the antique cars ever since they closed in 2004.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...