Small things to do a the park

Beasttamer

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but, I will be going to Kings Island for the 5th time (not including Halloween Haunt) and I've ridden all the big coasters and thrill rides,except Firehawk, but I was wondering if there were any smaller things to do in the so i can get the most of my day.  

• Like 2

My sister, who is at the park today, got a real kick out of the petting zoo that was added a few years ago (she live streamed it with her phone), so there's that too- granted you have to enjoy barnyard animals.

Terpy summed up the rest of the things I would have listed though.

• Like 7

Yep, Terp pretty much covered it in post 2 of the thread! Like he said, though, definitely take some time to see the shows if you have the chance. Many people have raved about Origins (including myself, but I've not seen the new acts yet...), so that's an option. Also, going through Dinosaurs Alive at a leisurely pace or enjoying a meal/hanging out in a favorite location (for me, that would be The Bat's exit) is one way to slow down and make the most of your KI trip. ^_^  

EDIT: And like McSalsa said, the Petting Farm is always a good way to spend some time if you like animals.

• Like 2

In relation to the above food list, Terp, have you been to Top This Donut Bar, approx 30 minutes from the park?  I was treated last night by a FB Friend to a photo of their Star Attraction.... a donut, on top of a large waffle cone, with soft-serve filling not only the cone, but going through the donut hole and finally swirled on top of the donut!!!   :blink:

Edit for topic comment:  I am +1 on riding flats, it really makes for a great day.  IndyGuy4KI and I were at an event at CP in October of I believe 2012, and the rain and high winds had all coasters besides Iron Dragon, Corkscrew, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride closed.  We spent the day riding all of the flats, and it was truthfully one of the best days either or both of us had at that park.

• Like 2

Riding the Coney flats? Good idea. All of them in a row? Not so much, especially if you're mildly dehydrated.

I'm not normally one to need a break from rides, but I was certainly ready for one after that. :)

(As freaks76 likely stares in disbelief.)

• Like 5

I think those slower days where you aren't trying to hit all the big coasters can be really nice; my last visit was like that and it was great.

I agree with what others have said.

-See the shows! Origins is a great example of a show that uses audience participation and improv to create a unique experience every show.

-Walk through Dinosaurs Alive - if you feel so inclined, make videos of really bad jokes/puns and send them to you nieces and friends...my that I've done that or anything...

-Eiffel Tower visits during the day, dusk, and for fireworks!

- Flat rides - this is the hard one for me as they can make me a bit nauseous at times. But your mileage may vary.

- WindSeeker and Drop Tower during the day and at dusk/night.

- Boo Blasters

- Petting Zoo

- Walk around Planet Snoopy - there are some rides that adults can enjoy like Surf Dog and Woodatock Express.

- Walk through the stores. Depending on your again, reminisce about the "I love the 80s" storefront.

- Sweet Spot - all the candies! But in seriousness, if I want something simple and sweet, their case of chocolate next to the fudge is perfect. They have candy for $0.59-$0.69. It's fun to grab a few and then just sit in the shade and people watch as you enjoy the chocolate.

- Take time to really look at the park. If you like taking pictures, these are great visits.

- If you are exploring the park with a friend, just enjoy spending time with that person.

- Sit at the Carousel and listen to the music.

- Train ride!

Your visit can be exactly what you want to make of it. :)

• Like 7

Riding the Coney flats? Good idea. All of them in a row? Not so much, especially if you're mildly dehydrated.

I'm not normally one to need a break from rides, but I was certainly ready for one after that. :)

(As freaks76 likely stares in disbelief.)

Yes. As a matter of I did. Matter of fact my first thought was you was full of it. :)

I might have to try that one of these day. I have never rode KI's Scrambler.

• Like 2

Huh, and Camden's seems to have been sped up from what it's been in the past.

It don't really hurt my feelings if I don't ride it. I've been on alot of Scramblers in my life.

I'd like to ride a Zipper and a Hurricane again, though.

• Like 1