Small things to do a the park

Beasttamer

Getting exercise is one of my primary goals at the park. So, I would advise getting some sort of step tracker (I've had a Fitbit Zip the last couple years, and like it). Spend time at the park "collecting" steps. Break your record for steps in an hour. See how many steps it is from Beast to the front gate.

In addition to playing the Wizard of Oz coin-pushers and occasionally some of the other games, I have come up with a number of personal games that keep me entertained even when the lines are longer than I feel like waiting in.

I'm always on the lookout for coins on the ground, and have found other interesting things on occasion as well (found and turned in four people's season passes so far this year).

I sometimes set my own private scavenger hunt - trying to find little details that many people probably miss. Ever notice the little Woodstock figures that are at the tops of some signs in Planet Snoopy? I might try to figure out how many times Woodstock appears in the park.

Really, just looking around at the park can be very entertaining. I've been to the park open until close 23 times so far this year, and I'm still able to find stuff I haven't noticed before. I recently went into a shop that I visit every time I go to the park, and looked up to realize there is some really cool themed decoration near the ceiling I'd never noticed before.

• Like 6

I was at a race at the Carter County fair a couple years back. The had a Hurricane. I was planning on riding it at intermission, got tore up and spent the whole time working. So disappointed.

I haven't seen a Zipper since I was 14 or 15 years old.

• Like 1

Yep, Terp pretty much covered it in post 2 of the thread! Like he said, though, definitely take some time to see the shows if you have the chance. Many people have raved about Origins (including myself, but I've not seen the new acts yet...), so that's an option. Also, going through Dinosaurs Alive at a leisurely pace or enjoying a meal/hanging out in a favorite location (for me, that would be The Bat's exit) is one way to slow down and make the most of your KI trip. ^_^  

EDIT: And like McSalsa said, the Petting Farm is always a good way to spend some time if you like animals.

New acts???... I loved Imagine and feel that Origins is even better and now your telling me they add acts?

• Like 1

Changed acts. The pair doing hand2hand have been replaced by a wonderful solo ring act (hula-hoop, not like Nico), and the pair at the end that did the trapeze have been replaced by a different couple doing an act whose name I don't know. Both new acts are very good and worth seeing.

How exciting! I would had seen the show every visit either way but that just makes it that much better.

• Like 1