Cedar Point help

I have a trip planned in August and I know my weight is still an issue, but I am hoping I can get some insight and tips on coasters and seats that will work for me. I'm 257 lbs at 5-6 with a 48 chest. I rode Diamond Back, The Beast on two clicks, and Banshee in the fourth row at Kings Island. The front row was a no go, but row four worked for me. I will look into the test seats, but I need any info please that will let me know what rides will work for me. Thank you and ride on!

• Like 2

The Intamins (Maverick being the exception) will be where you may have issues. Use the test seats at Dragster, Millie, and Wicked Twister. Gatekeeper and Valravn (I believe) have 'big boy' seats like Banshee. If you fit on Beast you should be ok on Blue and Mean Streaks.

• Like 3

The Intamins (Maverick being the exception) will be where you may have issues. Use the test seats at Dragster, Millie, and Wicked Twister. Gatekeeper and Valravn (I believe) have 'big boy' seats like Banshee. If you fit on Beast you should be ok on Blue and Mean Streaks.

Wicked twister is very unforgiving, I am not even close at 220, there was a list of the hardest rides in the country to fit on and it was in the top three. I can barely ride either dragster or millennium, the problem on both is the seat belt is very short.

• Like 2

Besides the ones already mentioned, Raptor, Rougarou, maXair, and Skyhawk also have test seats.  At 5 ft 6in you should not have any leg room issues (I'm 5-6 as well) however -3 seats on Magnum, Gemini and Mine Ride give a bit of a tight fit for legs.

• Like 2

The train is always fun anyway man...

::Kicks self for you on the way out::

I will give you one as well. And one in the nuts as well. :)

Last week was my first CP trip and all I rode was the skyway. :( Watching my boys ride a bunch of coasters while I just stand there and sweat is excellent motivation to stick to the plan.

The should give us big guys a "Have Mercy" pass and let us marathon the the thing. :)

@existential. All good man. We do this to ourselves. I actually get just as much joy watching my boys ride as I would if I rode myself.

• Like 1

I was just making light of a seriously crappy situation. Trust me...I like rum and beers and don't eat particularly good. I could be in this spot very soon at the rate I'm going. Sorry to hear about watching your son's. There's always bound to be a gut punch throwing humor at ANY situation.

Good luck on OPs trip. Seriously.

As mentioned make sure you try out the test seats.

I can't ride Wicked Twister because my thickness of my shoulders.  

Make sure you try out the test seat on Millie and Dragster.  I fit on Mille last time I was there, but didn't fit on Dragster (I must have gained some serious weight throughout the day).

You should be fine on all of the B&Ms.

• Like 1

@teenageninja what do you mean by thickness of shoulders (depth or width) ? How is that measured?

@mr. Coastermania The walk of shame doesn't bother me personally, what does bother me is holding up the line. I know it may only be a minute but if every train had someone seeing if they can squeeze in that adds up.

I am 5-11 and at 230 coasters were tight but I fit, at 260 if I did fit I could barely breathe. I can ride The Bat at KI but I think that is about it right now. 315 lbs, 50" chest, 56" waist. But I am down 15lbs. Alchohol is what always stalls out weight loss for me.

• Like 1

The only issues I had at CP was with the seatbelts on Mean Streak and Blue Streak.  I just couldn't get them buckled even though there was plenty of length.

MF  and TTD--I'm 6'2" and 240lbs.  I got these without issues, but the seatbelts are very short.

I've only had to do the walk of shame on Drop Zone.  And that doesn't happen if I am in one of the middle seats facing the parking lot/Motel 8.

• Like 1

Maybe someone knows, for Wicked Twister are there any big boy seats or tricks? I tried a few weeks ago to ride in the back row but the seat belt wouldn't buckle. It's the only "high thrill" coaster I haven't been able to ride this year at the park.

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 1