Longest line you've ever seen?

InvertiJack

I was going to say "Diamondback on opening day 2009," but then I reread the original post.

Hm... I know I've seen the Backlot Stunt Coaster queue filled before. I don't know what that would translate to in hours, but I'm sure it's no fun. I've also waited in either a completely filled or nearly completely filled Firehawk queue before (in 2008, I want to say), but I've repressed the memories of how long it took to get through that.

The first time I rode Tomb Raider: The Ride, I was in line for probably two hours or more, including some downtime. That was in 2004 or 2005. I remember that specifically because I was sure it wasn't going to be worth it, but it so was.

• Like 5

During the opening season for Outer Limits : Flight of Fear for the first couple of weekends the line was over eight hours long starting at somewhere near the entrance to TR:TRs entry location.

The parking lot for most of that summer extended all the way to Western Row on the south side.

Capacity in the park that summer was on a biblical scale.

I never got to ride the ride until late August when the line had slimmed down to a little over 4 hours starting at the Flight Commander ride entrance, and the long lines followed into the second season.

• Like 5

From Flight of Fear's intruduction until Son of Beast's introduction, it wasn't uncommon to see 2-3 hour lines on FoF.  Son of Beast would fill up its switchbacks and extend to past King Cobra's helix.  

Outside of the ever rememberable 4 hour and 20 minute Banshee line for its opening day, the longest I've ever waited was 2 hours for Beast (when it would fill both queue houses and leak onto the midway back when they had the painted lines and The Beast paw prints that led people to it from the Eiffel Tower, and the Coca-Cola Cool Zone), Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster (twice in the same day because it broke down during my first attempt, so 4 hours total for my first ever ride on it), Raptor (on my first ever trip to CP before I knew better than to head to Raptor upon the park's opening) and Volcano: The Blast Coaster. 

• Like 2

I beleive it was either 1996 or 1997.  If I memory is correct I think it was around the entrance to The Racer.

I remember seeing it almost to the ring toss once, to the point it was constricting the midway. If I remember right they had a 4 hour sign near The Racer before crossing under it. I had to wait for a year to ride it, too small when it opened.

• Like 3

Beast 1979.

4+ hours. Line stretched to Eiffel Tower.          

I was in that line too.  Follow the paw prints to the first of three queues.  Bought drinks in the third queue (Now second queue). Spit in the pond (yeah, I was that idiot kid) , finally the ride of a lifetime. 

I rode it again today with a 5 minute wait.  Still a great ride!    And even better memories.

• Like 3

I remember on a visit I took to the Island in around 2002 when Son of Beast was new, their was a 4+ hour wait for it, and the line stretched back around Top Gun and then got as far back as the Action Zone restrooms right around where the Son of Beast sign was. I defiantly didn't wanna ride it that day! I've also waited 3 hours to ride Flight of Fear a while back. 

• Like 1

This past Saturday waited 35 minutes to get into the parking lot and another 30 minutes to get past security... Peed and left the pre-park.... I could see the potential wait times from the moment I got to Kings Island Drive. (Also saw a near accident at the exit. They need to make the traffic coming from the north have its own turn signal time and not combined with the south. People don't see the either/or lane coming at them.)

• Like 1

3 hours for Diamondback (VERY crowded Saturday)

So an hour wait if the credit was hitting interval?

So an hour wait if the crew was hitting interval?