Longest line you've ever seen?

InvertiJack

Beast in the early 80s, and a 4 1/2 hour wait. I wish they'd bring the paw prints back.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I've been looking for a photo of those to show the boys. Hope to find one that's as far away from the actual ride as possible to help them grasp what the lines were like.

I have memories as a young kid (ie they can't be trusted) of going to KI on the 4th of July and the line for The Beast stretching back near the entrance to the park.  Now with some perspective, that doesn't seem remotely possible, but that memory remains vivid non the less; would love to hop into a time machine and see what the line was actually like that day vs what the line seemed to look like to a 6 year old who wasn't going to get on the ride even if the wait was 30 seconds.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a 5 hour wait for The Beast even for Vortex on some busy summer days in the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even fathom how long these lines would be unless some of that wait had to do with limited operations or downtime on it. Used to it being like an hour and a half when the queue is completely filled now so for it to be more than three times that with regular operations it would have to be extending to like the entrance.

The longest I remember seeing are 3+ hour waits fro Son of Beast the first couple years it was open.

Probably Saturday August 9th, when I stood in line for Banshee for an hour and 40 minutes. Then maybe The Beast and it was only an hour lol

oh and when Flight of Fear's line was so long the outside queue was opened and almost out the entrance.

lol now that I think of it. Other then Kings Island lines, Night before opening day at Carowinds in 2015, I waited 2 hours to ride it and the day after opening day probably close to 2 hours. But that was also cause it was very cold and they had to wait till the track warmed up lol

Edited by Elizabeth19

Flight of Fear for me as well. Posted wait was 4 hours, but actual was just under 3. I got in the queue on the Coney Mall midway right next to Zephyr. And at the time I thought it was totally worth it.

Days of Thunder had some brutal waits as well.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

^ An hour for food sounds just about right for Dollar Days.

I'm always astounded that people wait in food lines extending down the midway just for the opportunity to purchase small pizza slices for $1. If I'm waiting that long at an amusement park, there should be a ride waiting for me at the front of the line.

• Like 2

^ An hour for food sounds just about right for Dollar Days.

I'm always astounded that people wait in food lines extending down the midway just for the opportunity to purchase small pizza slices for $1. If I'm waiting that long at an amusement park, there should be a ride waiting for me at the front of the line.

Food riding down your throat, doing all kinds of inversions lol

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1