Some Tropical Plunge questions

King Ding Dong

Does anyone know if this is a ProSlide? The reason I ask is SFSTL has a 2 tube trap door slide called Bonzai Pipeline and it caused some friction or "rug burns" on my oldest boy's spine. My spine was a bit uncomfortable the first time I rode it but no visible injury. When we looked at Tropical plunge we both commented that the angle seemed less severe than the one at SFSTL.

No idea what caused the issue. He is really skinny, like green alien skinny, and I am far from that. :). I think it was opening season for it so it could have been to much or not enough water or maybe just his body type.

He doesn't have any issues on any other body slides, but understandably is rather hesitant to give it a try.

Has anyone had any issues or have any suggestions?

The slides are from WhiteWater. I have ridden a clone of the same slide structure at Dorney and none of the slides caused any back problems for me. The only thing I don't like about the trap door slides is that water hits your face the entire slide and I have to keep my eyes closed.

• Like 2

Are these slides causing skin breaks? If so, the park should be notified because blood in water, even in small amounts, is not a good thing.

No skin break on me. It was more like the feeling of scraping the top of your foot in the wave pool, uncomfy but nothing that would be there even longer than a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always hated slides that make your back feel that way, I wish the complex was from Proslide as the two at KK, Deep Water Dive and Wave runner are smooth as butter!

I did not know that DWD and Tropical Plunge were made by different manufacturers; I guessed I assumed they were made by the same company as it follows the same concept!

More on topic, TP may have minor-ly scuffed/hit my back, but I don't remember. However, the only major affect I've had from Tropical Plunge was a wedgie from Electric Feel (the yellow/orange one- I've nicknamed each of the slides :)).

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. The boys are fair redheads so they wear rash guards but they can't on body slides. I suppose a one piece surf style suit would help but would look out of place and probably not worth it for one ride. Plenty of other stuff to do.

Take a small thing of dish soap and squirt it on their backs. You can probably gain 10mph.

• Like 3

Tropical Plunge scraped up my back a bit. There were visible red marks and mild soreness, but no skin breaks. It's probably some combination of weight, the condition of your skin, and your exact riding position.

If he decides to go, I'd suggest that he start out with the slowest (leftmost, green) body slide.

Take a small thing of dish soap and squirt it on their backs. You can probably gain 10mph.

Word of advice: don't do that.

Soap can cause problems with pool water, and making things slippery could be a serious safety issue.

• Like 6

Pipeline Peak at Carowinds is a ProSlide complex, the body slides can cause anywhere from skin irritation to deep cuts. When I worked at Wet n' Wild Greensboro, our ProSlide body slides closed a few times because of guests getting anywhere from irritation to blisters. I rode all of the Tube slides on Blackbeard(same as Tropical Plunge) but won't get on the body slides, my wife rode one of them and she had no irritation at all.

Between being scared of the capsules and the risk of blisters, I am too chicken to do body slides. I was told at WnW that the problems were caused by dry spots on the slides by one of the lifeguards.

• Like 1

I don't think I bled but I had a long gash on my back that is still visible. I'll give it one more **** and if it hurts again I'll chalk it up to not being fr me. Could be user error as others seem not I have had this problem. For the record my only experience was in the yellow slide.