Fat Girl Scared!

Annesmitty

We have planned a trip to KI in a couple weeks and I am wondering if anyone else around "my size" has had issues fitting on rides. I am 5' 10" and weigh 254, 45" waist and 42D chest. I am proportional so I carry my weight all over. Should I say screw it and fake an illness that day? :(

Thanks in advance!

Pictures would help, however you may have problems on WindSeeker and Diamondback. I am roughly your height and 278 pounds. I am male so my chest isn't quite an A cup. Good luck, enjoy your trip and please tell us all about it.

How can I add pictures??

This question comes up frequently and the problem is that it largely depends on where you carry the weight which is why someone asked for pictures.  The park is more accommodating then most people think.  But there will be rides you will not be able to ride.  At the other end of the spectrum there are a number of attractions which are very forgiving.  Also the park has a number of shows which are worth checking out.  I am positive you will be able to find something you can do all day, you might even want to think about just getting a two day ticket and use the first day on your own before coming with your friends.  That way you already have a pretty good idea of what you can ride.

The only ride that jumps out at me and just says do not even try is Drop Zone.  I would also try the test seat at Diamondback.

On Banshee the two middle rows of the train have larger restraints, the ride has a test seat but I am uncertain if it is setup only for the regular seats or not.  I suspect you will be fine in the two middle rows though.  The Bat should give you no problems.

• Like 3

Pictures would help, however you may have problems on WindSeeker and Diamondback. I am roughly your height and 278 pounds. I am male so my chest isn't quite an A cup. Good luck, enjoy your trip and please tell us all about it.

How can I add pictures??

I am not sure about this sites preferred method of posting pics but you should be able to use any photo sharing site like imgur, flicker, photobucket etc and post a link here. It will get the job done.

This is what I have to say. If not being able to get on some or many of the rides will result in shame or any negative emotional issues for you then maybe it is not worth it. As I said The Bat is the only coaster I fit on but the joy of seeing my two boys have a great time far out weighs any negativity I experience. For me seeing the fun I am missing out is an excellent motivator to get to a more healthy weight, for others it may not. I know I will be ready next season.

If you go Into it with a positive attitude and believe you will have fun no matter what, you will have fun.

• Like 4

How can I add pictures??

I am not sure about this sites preferred method of posting pics but you should be able to use any photo sharing site like imgur, flicker, photobucket etc and post a link here. It will get the job done.

This is what I have to say. If not being able to get on some or many of the rides will result in shame or any negative emotional issues for you then maybe it is not worth it. As I said The Bat is the only coaster I fit on but the joy of seeing my two boys have a great time far out weighs any negativity I experience. For me seeing the fun I am missing out is an excellent motivator to get to a more healthy weight, for others it may not. I know I will be ready next season.

If you go Into it with a positive attitude and believe you will have fun no matter what, you will have fun.

Thank you! That's a great way to look at it!!! We are taking our two boys so I'm sure it will be awesome regardless!

• Like 3

It will be awesome! Remember back when your boys were at 8 months old and they would just start giggling and laughing and their whole body would be bouncing to it? Those were the best of times. Seeing your boys come bouncing out of the the exit with a huge smile yelling, "Mom, I did it!!!" Well, that's as close to the same feeling you will ever get.

• Like 3

King I was wondering how are you on the flat rides? You said that there was only one coaster you could ride but I was wondering if you found the flat rides more forgiving?

I haven't really give many a chance. I was able to do WWC just barely by straddling two seats and of course the log flume. My boys have some sensory issues so we are done after 4-5 hours and have not even finished all the coasters once through at KI and CP yet. We do take advantage of the Boarding Pass program. I have a couple of posts about that in the ASD thread recently.

We come from SFSTL so these OH mega parks are a new experience for us. Still lots of Summer left. KI and SC once each and CP once last week.

We are headed to CP in the morning to give the top half of the park a go.

• Like 1

You'll be fine. I weigh a little bit more than you and have one size smaller bra size around and also I'm 5'7" . I can ride everything but Diamondback and I need help sometimes with my lap bar on Flight of Fear because of my thighs.  Don't worry you'll have a great time!!

• Like 4