Clermont Steel Fabricators Thread

After getting approval from the administrators, I've created this thread for anyone who wants to share news or share pictures of track that shows up at CSF in Batavia Ohio. This single thread will help consolidate CSF items and improve searches in the future. Once we start getting some traction in the thread, it will be made a sticky.

Thanks

50544a754b4fb5e53fb62f01bf29c5f7.jpg

***KICentral does not condone trespassing in any form on Clermont Steel Fabricators property to take pictures. DO NOT TRESPASS.***

• Like 11

Pictures to come soon from today's excursion. I was getting cabin fever so took a drive.
***UPDATE***

Some trim brake pieces
819ad05aacc0c2e612bffb706fab094a.jpg
3e8bf842cef4b24c78a493e10312d055.jpg

But what is this?!?
I'm thinking storage shed track, but I'm not seeing this in any pictures of any other wing coasters. Does anyone here have a suggestion?
bb288500611d9e7c3ac2d80a776d1e8a.jpg

Please don't quote with the pics, they are huge. I wanted to provide the highest resolution for you folks. :)

• Like 11

I'm sorry.

Terp -- who'd rather go to Mt. Olympus than ride that thing.

It would be fun - and very difficult - to make a list of things in the amusement world worse than Mt. Olympus.  That place is just comically bad!  A few things from my visit there stand out:

While in line for Cyclops, we saw the famous "you must be at least 18 years old to ride in the back car" sign in the queue leading up to the station.  The sign is there because there are a couple of wicked pops of airtime you get in the last few rows.  Most of the people in line were younger than that, so we're thinking that we should be able to hop right in to the famed last row.  Nope!  Those two rows were out of service.  Maybe the second train will have those rows available.  What do you mean there's no second train?  Am I really watching the restraints fly open while the train is cresting that hill?  We should have left then, but we still hadn't ridden Hades...

We hop in line for Hades, and there are probably only 300 people in front of us.  I'm thinking that this shouldn't be any longer than a half hour wait tops.  What our naïve contestant didn't know is that (1) it was only one-train operation, in part due to the fact that Mt. Olympus in their infinite wisdom only bought one train! - and (2) that the ride ops there would leave their mark as the worst I had - and still have - ever seen.  The best was when they would see the train coming back into the station and they would - no kidding - jump across the tracks just before the train would arrive.  It was the amusement park version of a car driver trying to beat a train at a railroad crossing.  After an hour - and nearly half an hour of waiting in the station - and we're getting ready to board the next train.  The previous riders clear the train, and much to our surprise two of the ride ops then hop in our seat and pull down the restraints because they want a lap.  Are you kidding??!!  We had to politely kick them out of our seats.  We get our ride - minus the ride ops in our train - and then disembark.  As we're exiting we hear: "Hades is currently experiencing technical issues".  We both busted out laughing.  It turns out that the ride went down for the rest of the night!

Back on topic - the storage shed track wheels in an earlier post can also be found on Gatekeeper.  You can see them in the first photo in the following link: https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/haunt/These-Trains-Are-On-Track

• Like 6

For those who are not aware.  B&M trains are not stored on the wheels used for the ride.  There is a set of storage wheels either built into the storage shed or part of the train.  This is so that the wheels do not develop a flat spot due to storage.

For example on Banshee the wheels are on the train, they are small and just above you when you are riding.  They are visible but unless you look for them you will likely not notice they are there.

• Like 8

• 1 year later...