What will put Kings Island above Cedar Point?

Hunterhughes1997

Cedar Point is without a doubt right now better than Kings Island, and probably the best in the world. But Cedar Point is not as far ahead of Kings Island as they used to be. Cedar Point is out of room, and has to tear down things for new rides. Kings Island still has plenty of land to work with. What will it take for Kings Island to pass up Cedar Point?

I personally like KI more than CP. CP is my home park but it has no charm. KI used to be my home park and I feel a lot of charm. I get excited to go to Kings Island, but for Cedar Point it just feels like another day at a park. Cedar Point has quantity but not quality. Except for Gatekeeper and Maverick. I could do without the rest.

• Like 7

So, here is my take. Personally, I like CP for quantity of coasters and KI I feel is more rounded. 

So far, I have only taken my son to KI and I want to take him to CP, but I feel like he would need to be older and taller to enjoy more of what CP has to offer. I may go out on a limb and take him there next year as I want to compare experiences and not just for coasters. KI has some decent family flats but I would like to see more. When I do get around to taking him to CP, I will be comparing in my mind the same quality experience that I have enjoyed with him 2 years in a row at KI. 

• Like 1

I think CP and KI are now on about equal footing overall, especially after KI built Banshee.  CP has a slightly better flat collection, but KI comes through with a better wooden coaster selection (hopefully even more so next year) and better shows (which probably isn't saying much).  I do like CP's location a bit better, but that's kind of by default.  

Oh, and KI has the better water park.  

• Like 6

Cedar Point... the best in the world... at...?

Food?

Entertainment?

Family attractions?

Cleanliness?

Friendliness?

Professionalism?

Dark rides?

Storytelling?

Landscaping?

Cedar Point is definitively "above" Kings Island in one measurable category: quantity of roller coasters.

The rest is up to your opinion.

Cedar Point is an internationally renowned roller coaster park. Kings Island's former owners never intended to beat Cedar Point at that. One might argue that Kings Island's current owners never intend to beat Cedar Point at that. That's not a bad thing at all to my sensibilities. 

Cedar Point, without a doubt better than Kings Island and probably the best in the world.

Doubtful bkroz, laughing his way toward the door... to head for Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebel's, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Universal's Islands of Adventure, Dollywood, Disney California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm 2016, Europa Park, Efteling, Disneyland Paris, Ocean Park... There's a big, big world out there, and big, big world here with lots and lots to learn for us all. What a beautiful thing!

• Like 15

Both parks charge far less for admission and far, far, FAR less for season passes than more discriminating* parks.

* if you believe the media, especially. 

Im sorry im clueless on this one. What is this expenisive horrible sounding park your referring to?

• Like 2

Both parks charge far less for admission and far, far, FAR less for season passes than more discriminating* parks.

* if you believe the media, especially.

Im sorry im clueless on this one. What is this expenisive horrible sounding park your referring to?

It's been volleyed around these parts that for example single day admissions at a certain Orange County park may be too high for certain amounts of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2