What will put Kings Island above Cedar Point?

Hunterhughes1997

As others said it's very subjective anyhow. CP definitely has more coasters but even then KI is still better in some areas, like wooden coasters and AE is definitely better than CCMR imo. Would say Banshee>Raptor, DB>Magnum, and Vortex> Corkscrew, Bat>ID. KI has BLSC and Invertigo. But CP has GK, Valravn, WT, MF, and TTD. Maverick is my favorite coaster period as well. So despite a few more coasters still a toss up on coasters overall but say CP still eeks out a win there.

KI I'd say has better water ride line up, water park, kid's area, shows, and has a dark ride (even if it's not in top form).

CP I'd say has a little better flat ride line up than KI.

So really I'd say give KI some better flats and maybe a new motion simulator and/or dark ride and it'd be better overall as a few coaters would be about the only thing CP would excel at. If KI rounded out it's coaster line up with a giga, Maverik type coaster, and wing coaster or something else then I'd say it would easily top CP

I wouldn't exactly call them trash.

See Terps post in that thread. You'll know it when you read it.

I have read Terp's posts in that thread. We just have a different definition of Trash, that's cool. To me Trash does not know any socio-economic, racial, ethnic, religious or any other boundaries. There are even a few very rich politicians and prominent businessmen I consider trash.

If the facts presented by the media are accurate the parent's actions make them Trash. Jury is still out on the kids.

• Like 1

I wouldn't exactly call them trash.

See Terps post in that thread. You'll know it when you read it.

I have read Terp's posts in that thread. We just have a different definition of Trash, that's cool. To me Trash does not know any socio-economic, racial, ethnic, religious or any other boundaries. There are even a few very rich politicians and prominent businessmen I consider trash.

If the facts presented by the media are accurate the parent's actions make them Trash. Jury is still out on the kids.

And it's alright that we have a difference of opinion. Makes us human. I do agree with a couple of your points.

• Like 1

I prefer Kings Island to Cedar Point, so I guess the question for me would be what would put Kings Island even more above Cedar Point... And for that answer just see the Theming Rundown thread.

Both are wonderful parks. I really wish people could accept that, and, for the Ohioans here, be happy that you have both within reasonable proximity. Quit trying to pit them against each other.

• Like 13

I think CP and KI are now on about equal footing overall, especially after KI built Banshee.  CP has a slightly better flat collection, but KI comes through with a better wooden coaster selection (hopefully even more so next year) and better shows (which probably isn't saying much).  I do like CP's location a bit better, but that's kind of by default.  

Oh, and KI has the better water park.

MF vs nothing

TTD vs nothing

Magnum vs diamondstack

Wt vs Invertigo

Mean streak vs beast

Blue streak vs racer

Rougarou vs nothing

Raptor vs Banshee

Gemini vs Adventure Express

Valvaryn vs nothing

Corkscrew vs Vortex

Maverick vs stunt track.

You're drunk to think ki's coaster selection is on part with Cedar Point IMO.

• Like 2

I don't really know, each park is different. Cedar Point may have Maverick and a Y2K coaster, but KI has Cirque, The Beast and home park nostalgia. Personally, my favorite theme park (so far) is Hershey Park. Like KI, it's got something for everyone: cool coasters, a good waterpark, and other family attractions (shows, Hershey's ZooAmerica/KI's Dinos + Petting Farm). I don't necessarily want to think of it as a contest, but if we are talking "coaster-wise", I think we've made some strides with Diamondback and Banshee. However, KI have unique coasters like The Beast and Backlot while CP has Dragster, Maverick and Wicked Twister. 

• Like 1

I don't really know, each park is different. Cedar Point may have Maverick and a Y2K coaster, but KI has Cirque, The Beast and home park nostalgia. Personally, my favorite theme park (so far) is Hershey Park. Like KI, it's got something for everyone: cool coasters, a good waterpark, and other family attractions (shows, Hershey's ZooAmerica/KI's Dinos + Petting Farm). I don't necessarily want to think of it as a contest, but if we are talking "coaster-wise", I think we've made some strides with Diamondback and Banshee. However, KI have unique coasters like The Beast and Backlot while CP has Dragster, Maverick and Wicked Twister.

I love going to hershey and sfgadv. El toro and Skyrush, best coasters in the world.

^^^1. That seems like cherry picking

2. Giving you the benefit of the doubt in your choice of argument, (this is entirely my opinion, which, you can have your opinion and we'll agree to disagree) in a lot of those head to head's, I have KI's side being better (Banshee over Raptor, Vortex by a mile over Corkscrew, Bat over Iron Dragon) .  CP has a bit more variety on the steel front for sure, but in terms of ride quality, they're about even.  If you want me really nit picking, I'd say for CP, Corkscrew isn't exactly the most comfortable coaster in the world and Iron Dragon is pretty tame (fun, but tame), and aside from a decent drop by its lake,  and a decent finale, CCMR doesn't do much for me (which is a closer comparison to AE than Gemini).  I'll give CP Maverick as a bit of an edge and I do prefer Wicked Twister to Invertigo.  I'd also pit Diamondback against both MF and Magnum, which, I find DB superior to both (better forces than MF and smoother and better trains than Magnum). I'd also pit Racer to both Blue Streak and Gemini.  I kind of like them about the same. I'd also pit Flight of Fear against TTD.  TTD is a 2 trick pony, which, its tricks are awesome, but Flight of Fear is just intense from start to finish.  One is meant to induce acrophobia while the other induces claustrophobia.  I find Firehawk pretty enjoyable.  I'll admit I haven't ridden Gatekeeper, Rougarou with the current trains, or Valravn so I'll reserve judgement on them until I ride them (I try not to judge coasters until I've ridden them).  

KI beats CP in wood coasters, no question.  Blue Steak is pretty good (as said, I like it about the same as Racer), but for KI- Racer, Woodstock Express and Beast are all better than Mean Streak

3. If you're limiting your argument to just coasters, then you're missing a lot (I refer you to my first point in this post)

• Like 7

You can't seriously compare coasters between the two parks fairly. What equivalent criteria are you using?

Why compare Vortex to Corkscrew and not Rougarou?

Why compare Diamondback to Magnum and not to Millennium Force?

Why compare Racer to Blue Streak and not Gemini?

• Like 2

You can't seriously compare coasters between the two parks fairly. What equivalent criteria are you using?

Why compare Vortex to Corkscrew and not Rougarou?

Why compare Diamondback to Magnum and not to Millennium Force?

Why compare Racer to Blue Streak and not Gemini?

Ok,

Rougarou over Vortex

Millenium force over diamondstack

Gemini destroys racer.

I was just trying to make it more fair.

^^1. Vortex and Corkscrew are both custom Arrow loopers and I haven't ridden Rougarou yet (I have ridden it as Mantis)

2. I compared DB to both MF and Magnum (I like DB over both, better forces than MF, smoother and better trains than Magnum).

3. I compared Racer to Blue Streak and Gemini and I liked all about the same

Please read my entire post. 

Also, why in your opinion aren't they comparable?  

Just so we're clear, you're not going to change my mind on the issue.  I am genuinely interested in this discussion because I don't get why people have CP in such higher regard than KI.  I hear it all the time.  That notion isn't so apparent to me.  I also like to see how people differ in mindsets and opinions (a reason I'm a psych major at UC). 

• Like 2

^1. Vortex and Corkscrew are both custom Arrow loopers and I haven't ridden Rougarou yet (I have ridden it as Mantis)

2. I compared DB to both MF and Magnum (I like DB over both, better forces than MF, smoother and better trains than Magnum).

3. I compared Racer to Blue Streak and Gemini and I liked all about the same

Please read my entire post. 

Also, why in your opinion aren't they comparable?

I quoted CP maverick, not you.

Things are getting a little... studly in these parts as of late.

Diamondstack gave it away......

And here I was thinking  going from "Uh...'Cowboy Coaster' or whatever lol?" to having strong opinions and knowledge about a set of parks, their specific ride collections, and operations in the span of a couple months meant we were in the presence of a real fast learner... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I prefer Kings Island to Cedar Point, so I guess the question for me would be what would put Kings Island even more above Cedar Point... And for that answer just see the Theming Rundown thread.

Both are wonderful parks. I really wish people could accept that, and, for the Ohioans here, be happy that you have both within reasonable proximity. Quit trying to pit them against each other.

Buckeyes not Ohioans

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1